PDA

View Full Version : Finding a game

mhmjr
06-10-2007, 10:57 AM
Hello all, Mike here. I'm relatively new to 14.1 and really enjoy the game. My problem is finding a game. I have always played pool a little on and off, but recently I have wanted to get out and play more and more. I don't know a lot of people in the area for various reasons let alone pool players. When I do find someone to shoot with it seems most want to play 8 or 9 ball. Not that I have anything against these games (ok well I'm not exactly fond of 8-ball but I will play it) most of my interest lies in straight pool. The few people that I do play with any regularity I have taught the rules to 14.1 and they seem to enjoy it.

I guess I am posting this for a few reasons.
1) to see if there are any straight pool players in the Houston area that would care to meet up and play every so often...you'd almost surely be above my skill level, but me personally I will play anyone that would like to.
2) see if anyone has any ideas on how to get more people involved with the game.

The guy who runs 14and1.com (and I think he posts here too) is attempting to setup a national 14.1 league...I'd be interested in playing if there were enough people I could hook up with to start a league. I have posted there as well, but I think this forum probably gets quite a bit more exposure and in the long run, I am just looking for a game, preferably on a regular basis and some regulars to play the game with, league or otherwise.

I apologize in advance if this posting is not appropriate for the forum for any reason, I'm kinda new here and just getting a feel of the place.

-mhmjr

selftaut
06-12-2007, 09:18 AM
The guy who runs 14and1.com (and I think he posts here too) is attempting to setup a national 14.1 league...I'd be interested in playing if there were enough people I could hook up with to start a league. I have posted there as well, but I think this forum probably gets quite a bit more exposure and in the long run, I am just looking for a game, preferably on a regular basis and some regulars to play the game with, league or otherwise.

-mhmjr

Hey Mike, the league operators just voted to lower the minimum players to 5 players to accomodate situations like yours, give me an email from the website if you want a start-up package, maybe you can get 5.

Kev
14and1.com

TIMBER1
06-12-2007, 09:50 AM
What part of Houston are you in?

JoeW
06-12-2007, 02:49 PM
Can I add that I am looking for people with an 8 or 9 foot table at home who want to play in a 14.1 league as discussed above.

Looking for players in Southern Youngstown, Columbina County, Ohio and or Beaver Falls, PA and surrounding area. We need more players. Interested players or leads would be appreciated.

mhmjr
06-12-2007, 06:40 PM
What part of Houston are you in?
I live on the south side of town of I-45 near the Fast Eddies out that way, but I work in Greenspoint and if I had the time don't mind going pretty much anywhere in the Houston area in general.

TIMBER1
06-13-2007, 05:18 AM
Ill meet you any weekday afternoon between 4 and 8pm at Fast Eddies 1960, which is fairly close to Greenspoint.

mhmjr
06-13-2007, 05:22 PM
Ill meet you any weekday afternoon between 4 and 8pm at Fast Eddies 1960, which is fairly close to Greenspoint.
Thats great! I should be able to make it out that way during the week within that time frame. I'll figure out when I can head that way after work and PM you and see if you are available.

I can't promise to be much competition but I'll try and keep up. ;)

-Mike

LC3
06-24-2007, 10:00 PM
I'm in the same situation. If anybody near West Chester, PA wants to play 14.1, let me know.

Run the Century
06-27-2007, 06:42 AM
And I have a Gold Crown III nine footer at home. Let me know if anybody out there is in the area and loves the game.

deliasdavid
07-19-2007, 04:28 PM
I live 18 minutes outside of Boston & AM DESPERATE to find someone who can run a couple of racks or more. If there is anyone out there who loves straight pool, can run at least a rack or more , is a non-smoker, & has an unbelievable lust for 14.1: PLEASE GIVE ME A CALL @ (781)620-1441. I have a huge home with two gold crown III's, fully air-conditioned & heated, squeaky clean, five extra bedrooms & bathrooms, & lots of food in the frig & freezers. If someone is at a fairly high skill level, they are more than welcome to stay over for a week or so for FREE!!! Also, if you do not have transportation, I'd be happy to pick you up from the bus station or airport. I am 60 years old, retired, & have a very strong addiction to 14.1 (needless to say). Amen.