PDA

View Full Version : Quick Info Post

Samiel
07-22-2007, 04:20 PM
Chen (here in Dallas), mainly a 9-ball player, says his high run in 14.1 is 236! Wow... this makes me respect his game that much more!

Blackjack
07-23-2007, 08:07 AM
236? Then I am curious as to why he doesn't play it more.

:confused:

TheWizard
07-23-2007, 10:56 AM
I'd be wondering the same thing, but then again, there aren't as many Straight Pool tournaments nowadays, there are still a few like the US Open SPC, WSPC, and the news 14&1 Leagues that are in the process of being set up, wherever possible, but overall, there could still be alot more SP, especially in the US, and I believe that there are alot of good players out there, who are 100+ runners at straight pool, but don't play the game too often, because there's no tournaments to comete in on a regular basis, I personally fall into this category of players :)

As much as I love playing 9ball and other games, but there is just too much 9ball, and not enough Straight Pool and other games like Full-Rack Bank Pool, One Pocket, etc, and I feel that it's a let down to pool in a way :)

What are your thoughts on this, people? :)

Willie

Samiel
07-23-2007, 01:34 PM
I've really only seen him play 9-ball tournaments (since that's the majority of tournaments here). I've played him one pocket and he has a very respectable game there. I've also played him a variety of other games (Chinese ring games). I'm guessing it's just that not many people play 14.1 here and he probably can't find a good 14.1 game with the locals. I'll see if I can find out more info. this week on this and also on the conditions of his run.

[EDIT] I just found out that his high run was indeed on a 9-foot table. He says he once won a National 14.1 tournament in Taiwan as well. He doesn't play much anymore because no one here plays 14.1!