PDA

View Full Version : More Shots from World 14.1 2007: Danny Harriman's Bad Roll

cuetable
07-26-2007, 08:14 AM
Here is a layout SJM passed to me at the event. Sorry for the delay on my part :o

http://CueTable.com/P/?@4EASl4GGCI3HDwV3PQqn3kQqn3kQaq3kBIX1kbGB2kMGl2kb QS4kbRG4kSrO2qIjWHarriman_s_Bad_Roll&&Four_Rail_draw_ends_up_below_the_7_ball,_so_he_can t_get_on_break.&ZZ@

sjm
07-26-2007, 05:18 PM
Harriman's attempted recovery was interesting, too. He tried to bank the seven to cut down the angle and keep the cue ball under the rack. He managed to get the shape he wanted, but hung the bank shot. A creative choice that very nearly worked. Danny really deserved better in this sequence.

Blackjack
07-26-2007, 08:23 PM
Harriman's attempted recovery was interesting, too. He tried to bank the seven to cut down the angle and keep the cue ball under the rack. He managed to get the shape he wanted, but hung the bank shot. A creative choice that very nearly worked. Danny really deserved better in this sequence.

SJM
That was my question when I first looked at this. I thought Danny would try to bank the 7. It looks as if he got a very awkward angle on it. It would have been hard to hold the cue ball for the 8 - just curious if you remember where the cue ball ended up after the bank attempt.

sjm
07-27-2007, 04:21 AM
SJM
That was my question when I first looked at this. I thought Danny would try to bank the 7. It looks as if he got a very awkward angle on it. It would have been hard to hold the cue ball for the 8 - just curious if you remember where the cue ball ended up after the bank attempt.

He got solid, though imperfect, shape on the breakshot (I reckon he would have liked a little more angle) but narrowly missed the bank, which he'd hit at, more or less, pocket speed.

cmssuits
07-27-2007, 04:24 PM
Maybe he could have come in shorter on the 7, specially if the 7 was actually that far off the rail?

Seems like with those shots I gauge the speed to get around the table and to the bottom rail....and somehow it gets there. If you play stright pool, this happens to everyone sometimes.