PDA

View Full Version : Pete Sinkler' s Annual 14.1 Invitational !

PALMERJOHN
07-30-2007, 11:28 AM
Just to let anybody know who's interested. It's almost time for the annual
Pete Sinkler invitational straight pool championship. Check it out !

www.thebilliardstour.com/archives/tournament-14-1-2007.html

Danny Harriman
08-19-2007, 02:09 PM
I would have loved to played in this event but the field is full and the $ isn't really enough for me to travel all that distance, unless someone plays bank pool and likes to make it interesting but I doubt it. This is the first I have heard of this tournament, I must not have many connections on the East coast or mayberly they would have told me about it sooner. I would have made the jaunt just cause I love to play and I'm feeling confident enough to give anyone in the world some friendly interesting competition in the game of 14.1. Anyhow it's a beautiful day in the neighborhood and I'm still practicing 14.1 everyday. For anyone interested in my 14.1 DVD it will be out soon!
Sincerely, Danny Harriman

StraightPoolIU
08-19-2007, 04:10 PM
I'm interested in any video or DVD about 14.1.

Blackjack
08-19-2007, 04:58 PM
I would have loved to played in this event but the field is full and the $ isn't really enough for me to travel all that distance, unless someone plays bank pool and likes to make it interesting but I doubt it. This is the first I have heard of this tournament, I must not have many connections on the East coast or mayberly they would have told me about it sooner. I would have made the jaunt just cause I love to play and I'm feeling confident enough to give anyone in the world some friendly interesting competition in the game of 14.1. Anyhow it's a beautiful day in the neighborhood and I'm still practicing 14.1 everyday. For anyone interested in my 14.1 DVD it will be out soon!
Sincerely, Danny Harriman

Danny,

This is the event that I told you about last summer in Pennsylvania. Mickey invited us both to play in this tournament last year. Things came up and enither of us were able to attend. I'm not sure if you remember you and I talking about it - it was last summer and a lot was going on back then. I'm sure Mickey would be honored to have you play in this tournament every year. It may not pay a lot, but it does a lot promote the game of straight pool - and we could always use a player of Danny Harriman's caliber to do that.

highrun55
08-19-2007, 05:20 PM
Danny,

This is the event that I told you about last summer in Pennsylvania. Mickey invited us both to play in this tournament last year. Things came up and enither of us were able to attend. I'm not sure if you remember you and I talking about it - it was last summer and a lot was going on back then. I'm sure Mickey would be honored to have you play in this tournament every year. It may not pay a lot, but it does a lot promote the game of straight pool - and we could always use a player of Danny Harriman's caliber to do that.

Blackjack,
Got a call from Danny today and I told him the field is full with 2 players on the alternate list. Everyone is paid except Dennis Hatch.
Since I only have 8 tables this is limited to 16 players.
He doesn`t want to come all the way out here and not get to play.
If I would get 3 or 4 drop outs i`ll pm you and you can tell Danny OK.

$3000.00 added this year and a special $,$$$ bonus for a 200 and out in the finals.

THANKS
Mickey, keeping 14-1 alive.

PALMERJOHN
08-21-2007, 06:36 AM
Hey Mickey, I'm just reading this today 8-21-7. I didn't know that Danny
Harriman wanted to play in our tournament that much. I would be honored to give up my spot to see another great straight pool player play in this.
I will talk to you tonight.

D Player
08-21-2007, 06:49 AM
I'd love to watch the action if I can but I have commitments on Saturday and Sunday until 5pm. Anyone know how late the matches will go each day?

Thanks!

3andstop
08-21-2007, 08:00 AM
Wow, I was just out there with my wife and daughter. It looks like I was very close indeed. I came from CT (4 hrs) and spent all day on the rollercoaster at Dutchwonderland LOL. Is your room near this location or am I lost all together?

I may ride back down, get a room and watch. Is there provision for spectators or is it a smaller room with limited area?

**edit
Wonder if a list of players is available to be posted also.

thanks much for info

CreeDo
08-21-2007, 09:36 AM
that's awesome of you to offer that palmerjohn. I'd be interested to see if danny bites. I haven't heard much about him lately tho I'm sure he's in action still.

Danny, looking forward to your DVD.

highrun55
08-21-2007, 09:52 AM
Wow, I was just out there with my wife and daughter. It looks like I was very close indeed. I came from CT (4 hrs) and spent all day on the rollercoaster at Dutchwonderland LOL. Is your room near this location or am I lost all together?

I may ride back down, get a room and watch. Is there provision for spectators or is it a smaller room with limited area?

**edit
Wonder if a list of players is available to be posted also.

thanks much for info

We are about 30 minutes east of Dutchwonderland, everytime I took my kids there it cost me $100.00 LOL.

We are a small room and I do charge a spectator fee to watch to keep the crowd down. 4 chairs per table and 2 are for the players.

thanks
mickey scott

highrun55
08-21-2007, 09:54 AM
I'd love to watch the action if I can but I have commitments on Saturday and Sunday until 5pm. Anyone know how late the matches will go each day?

Thanks!

Usually the last match on saturday starts at 9 pm.
and usually wrap up around 7-8 on sunday, depending on how fast the players are.

mickey scott

highrun55
08-21-2007, 10:06 AM
Hey Mickey, I'm just reading this today 8-21-7. I didn't know that Danny
Harriman wanted to play in our tournament that much. I would be honored to give up my spot to see another great straight pool player play in this.
I will talk to you tonight.

Thanks John,
I appreciate your offer.
I sent Danny a pm and let him know,, the ball is in his court.

mickey

highrun55
08-22-2007, 11:25 AM
We are about 30 minutes east of Dutchwonderland, everytime I took my kids there it cost me $100.00 LOL.

We are a small room and I do charge a spectator fee to watch to keep the crowd down. 4 chairs per table and 2 are for the players.

thanks
mickey scott

He is my link for the tourney

http://www.thebilliardstour.com/archives/tournament-14-1-2007.html

highrun55
mickey scott

highrun55
08-24-2007, 05:08 PM
Thanks John,
I appreciate your offer.
I sent Danny a pm and let him know,, the ball is in his court.

mickey

Got a call from Danny and he is coming to our little tournament. what a great presence he will be.
Barouty, Lipsky, Hopkins and the boys will have their hands full this year.

Also received Dennis Hatch`s check so he will be in the mix to.

mickey

Steve Lipsky
08-28-2007, 07:27 AM
Mickey,

I see there is someone on your list named C. Riley? Is that our very own Craig Riley, from this board??

Thanks,
Steve

Steve Lipsky
08-28-2007, 07:36 AM
Mickey,

I see there is someone on your list named C. Riley? Is that our very own Craig Riley, from this board??

Thanks,
Steve

Also, can you recommend any hotels nearby? I did a search on Travelocity and I found nothing in the city of Thorndale...

selftaut
08-28-2007, 08:13 AM
Steve, from Mickeys website page for the tourney.

Favorite Hotel List From Before

Hampton Inn Rt. 113 S. Lionville 610-363-5555
Holiday Inn Express Rt. 100 N. Pottstown Pike Exton 610-524-9000
The Inn at Chester Springs Rt. 100 N. 815 N. Pottstown Pike Exton 610-363-1100
Fairfield Inn Rt. 100 N. Pottstown Pike Exton 610-524-8811

Best of luck in the tourney!

Kev

Steve Lipsky
08-28-2007, 08:33 AM
Thanks Kev. The problem is that they recently moved, and I'm not sure how far they've moved. The Favorite List From Before implies these were the hotels close to the old room.

I am, as usual, confused. ;)

- Steve

PALMERJOHN
08-28-2007, 11:10 AM
To answer your question. His name is chris riley. Owner of Concord billiards,
in Chichester Pa. .About 40 minutes from D&D. Very nice room.

PALMERJOHN
08-28-2007, 11:14 AM
Steve, Mickey only moved about 10 minutes(if that) west, of his old place.If
that's any help.

highrun55
08-29-2007, 04:46 PM
Thanks Kev. The problem is that they recently moved, and I'm not sure how far they've moved. The Favorite List From Before implies these were the hotels close to the old room.

- Steve

Steve, yes there are no hotels close to my new room so the old ones will have to do. We are only 2.5 miles west of the old room, in a strip mall behind the k-mart in thorndale.

mickey

frankwhite
09-06-2007, 08:09 AM
Got a call from Danny and he is coming to our little tournament. what a great presence he will be.
Barouty, Lipsky, Hopkins and the boys will have their hands full this year.

Also received Dennis Hatch`s check so he will be in the mix to.

mickey

Hey! Hey! Watch out for my main man "Hatch", he is playin pretty sporty these days..................

See ya there..................Frankie

frankwhite
09-06-2007, 08:12 AM

- Steve

Hey! Stevie. I am traveling alone, Im sure your going w/ Danny. If you don't mind I need a bunky....????

Frankie

highrun55
09-06-2007, 02:05 PM
Well its almost tourney day here in Pa. the boys are all paid and were ready for them to arrive. This will be an awesome tourney this year with $3000.00 Added and a special bonus in the finals on Sunday.
16 paid players, the webcam will get a real workout for sure.

This is the 20th anniversary for this event and in a brand new room too!!!!

Thanks for the memories boys. Check previous post for a link to the tourney info and webcam, just dont get pissed if its slow for you, lots of people will be looking.

highrun55
mickey scott

Sorry Eddie Deska, Tom Walters, Dave Daya, Jimmy Fusco, and a couple others couldn`t make it this time. Maybe next year if im still here.

Steve Lipsky
09-06-2007, 02:07 PM
Well its almost tourney day here in Pa. the boys are all paid and were ready for them to arrive. This will be an awesome tourney this year with $3000.00 Added and a special bonus in the finals on Sunday.
16 paid players, the webcam will get a real workout for sure.

This is the 20th anniversary for this event and in a brand new room too!!!!

Thanks for the memories boys. Check previous post for a link to the tourney info and webcam, just dont get pissed if its slow for you, lots of people will be looking.

highrun55
mickey scott

Sorry Eddie Deska, Tom Walters, Dave Daya, Jimmy Fusco, and a couple others couldn`t make it this time. Maybe next year if im still here.

Hey Mickey... what time does the tournament start on Saturday? I have to drive down in the morning, as I will be at work until late on Friday.

Thanks,
Steve

highrun55
09-06-2007, 02:23 PM
Hey Mickey... what time does the tournament start on Saturday? I have to drive down in the morning, as I will be at work until late on Friday.

Thanks,
Steve

Steve,
We will open at 10 am and start at 11 am both days.
be safe and see ya then

Mickey

highrun55
09-08-2007, 09:07 AM
Steve,
We will open at 10 am and start at 11 am both days.
be safe and see ya then

Mickey

The tournament has started with 15 players, Dennis Hatch Forfited Today.
More as the day goes on.

Top prize in the finals is $4000.00 for a 200 and out. + $2500.00 first prize.

highrun55