PALMERJOHN
08-23-2007, 11:07 AM
Can anybody tell me if Jim Rempe played in this years World 14.1 . Was
he invited ?

Blackjack
08-23-2007, 11:22 AM
Can anybody tell me if Jim Rempe played in this years World 14.1 . Was
he invited ?

I don't know if Jim was invited (I'm pretty sure he had to have been) but I thought I heard that he retired from playing last year. I hope he didn't. Jim Rempe is one of those players that looks like he could run rack after rack well into his 60's and 70's like Mike Lebron.

Pushout
08-23-2007, 04:22 PM
I don't know if Jim was invited (I'm pretty sure he had to have been) but I thought I heard that he retired from playing last year. I hope he didn't. Jim Rempe is one of those players that looks like he could run rack after rack well into his 60's and 70's like Mike Lebron.

I also heard that Rempe had retired, heard it on this forum, as a matter of fact. I'm from up in that area of the country, Binghamton is about 60 miles from Scranton. I no longer live there, though. I know Rempe was very disappointed that he was never able to win the US Open 9 Ball Championship. It was the one title that he really wanted that he just couldn't seem to win. I agree that Jim could probably play very well into his later years.

Blackjack
08-23-2007, 04:31 PM
Checky out this little gem from a few years ago....

2001 Mizerak Senior Tour - Jim Rempe Vs Jose Parica (http://propoolvideo.com/2001-steve-mizerak-senior-tour/2001-steve-mizerak-senior-tour.html)

Rempe is the man!

Rich R.
08-23-2007, 08:26 PM
From what I have read on this, and other, forums, Rempe retired from tournament play. From what I read, it seems his decision to retire was the result of his long time back problems.
Hopefully, his back with improve and he will come out of retirement to play again. That would be a thrill for all of us.

PALMERJOHN
08-24-2007, 10:03 AM
I seen a few videos of his 14.1 matches. I just think he is an awesome
player. Hope he gets back.

TheWizard
08-24-2007, 12:09 PM
Hey guys :)

I know it may seem strange, but I am actually a friend of Jimmy's, I first contacted him about 10 years ago, when I was 16, I was looking to come to the US for some tuition from him, but the wind up was, although I didn't get the oppertunity to get the tuition, but we became friends after that and kept in reasonable contact :)

It's been about a year since I last talked to Jim, but I've been meaning to call him over the past few weeks, and so, I'll give him a call and see how he's doing :)

As reguards this year's W14.1C, I didn't see his name on the roster, or last years roster come to think of it, but it's a pitty that he has retired, as he definitely has the ability to keep running racks, especially with the experience of top level pool, that he's had :)

Willie

Blackjack
08-24-2007, 12:13 PM
Hey guys :)

I know it may seem strange, but I am actually a friend of Jimmy's, I first contacted him about 10 years ago, when I was 16, I was looking to come to the US for some tuition from him, but the wind up was, although I didn't get the oppertunity to get the tuition, but we became friends after that and kept in reasonable contact :)

It's been about a year since I last talked to Jim, but I've been meaning to call him over the past few weeks, and so, I'll give him a call and see how he's doing :)

As reguards this year's W14.1C, I didn't see his name on the roster, or last years roster come to think of it, but I remember Jim saying a few years back, that he didn't compete as much because with the high expences and standard payouts, just weren't doing their justice financially, and I had a feeling, that back then, he was beginning to consider retirement, it's a pitty that he has retired, as he definitely has the ability to keep running racks, especially with the experience of top level pool, that he's had :)

Willie

Willie, he is definitely a great player and great person. He was a worldwide ambassodor for pool before it was cool to travel the globe like so many players do today. It would be great to have him back (in any capacity) because he is also a great commentator, teacher, and HOF member. When you talk to him, let him know that we all miss his stroke and the class that he brought to the table.

TheWizard
08-24-2007, 01:35 PM
Tap tap tap

I certainly will buddy, in fact, I'll give him a call on Sunday Evening, about 9pm my time/4pm ET and see how he's doing :)

I agree with you wholeheartedly, Jim was a undoubtedly a true ambassador of pool in many ways and it is a shame that he retired, and like you say, his presence, personality and his style of play and stroke are definitely something that I think inspired alot of today's great players :)

In my eyes, if there is any player that had as close to a perfect stroke as you can get, it's Jimmy :)

I'll pass on everyone's best wishes for you and see if somehow or another, he could come on here and say hi to everyone or else to send an e-mail to AZB for the admin to post up for everyone as a sticky :)

Willie