PDA

View Full Version : lessons

john schmidt
08-26-2007, 09:47 AM
as i stated in the main forum ,im now going to start giving lessons .i think my rates are going to be fair and i know i can help your game.please pm me if interested .have a nice day john schmidt

Deadon
08-26-2007, 10:19 AM
Hi John;

Glad to see your in a new place, and have new place to play. Give me an idea of what your charging and maybe I'll soak up a little of that sunshine and come out. Are you only considering lessons in the next month or is this going to be a regular proposition? In any case good luck.

Heard from Bobby lately.

BTW, your PM box is full, so I guess your getting good responses. Great.

Mike
Sacramento

Blackjack
08-26-2007, 10:27 AM
John
This is a great thing you are doing! I am seriously considering making the trip up there for a day or two.

I also have plans to diagram your entire 245 ball run - shot for shot - and I was wondering if you would like this material to be sold along with your dvd. The diagrams would be done in conjunction with www.cuetable.com , and all diagrams will be forwarded to you for your approval prior to them being released. I would use your commentary (verbatim) from the dvd to explain all of the shots. Let me know if you would be interested in this - so I can get with Wei to make arrangements to document the diagrams.
Blackjack
407-873-0298

this was a PM... but your INBOX is full...

Irish634
08-26-2007, 02:07 PM
John,

Congrats on the new room with your partner. All my best for a prosperous endeavor.

I think that you offering lessons is an awesome thing in itself. What a way to give something back to the game.

Craig

CreeDo
08-26-2007, 02:54 PM
blackjack - 245 diagrams sounds like a ball-busting amount of work. What'll it be used for? Just doing it for fun?

Blackjack
08-26-2007, 03:33 PM
blackjack - 245 diagrams sounds like a ball-busting amount of work. What'll it be used for? Just doing it for fun?

To promote th game of straight pool, of course! John's patterns are flawless for 99% of that run - and there is a lot that can be learned from that, as well as his break shots, cluster breaks, etc. The diagrams don't take very long to do at all, but I might have to have John verify the exact position of certain balls due to the camera angle. I think its a great way to promote the game and cuetable.com at the same time! Now that John is giving lessons, he may also want to use this as a reference for his students.

PKM
08-26-2007, 03:56 PM
John
This is a great thing you are doing! I am seriously considering making the trip up there for a day or two.

I also have plans to diagram your entire 245 ball run - shot for shot - and I was wondering if you would like this material to be sold along with your dvd. The diagrams would be done in conjunction with www.cuetable.com , and all diagrams will be forwarded to you for your approval prior to them being released. I would use your commentary (verbatim) from the dvd to explain all of the shots. Let me know if you would be interested in this - so I can get with Wei to make arrangements to document the diagrams.
Blackjack
407-873-0298

this was a PM... but your INBOX is full...

Wow, that would be pretty awesome

dmgwalsh
08-26-2007, 06:51 PM
as i stated in the main forum ,im now going to start giving lessons .i think my rates are going to be fair and i know i can help your game.please pm me if interested .have a nice day john schmidt

John
: Where are you giving the lessons?

JimS
08-26-2007, 07:39 PM
That would make a pretty nice long weekend!