PDA

View Full Version : Need HELP! finding a straight pool video

Club Billiards
09-18-2007, 05:07 PM
Hey, I suck and need to learn. LOL A while back, a buddy loaned me Mike Sigel's Perfect Pool videos on 8-ball, 9-ball and straight pool. Ran 10 racks in a row in 8 and 9 ball and ran 100 balls in straight pool. I've looked for them since and can't find them anywhere. Does anyone know where I could find a copy of these? I'd appreciate ANY leads. Thanks, guys!

Blackjack
09-18-2007, 05:40 PM
Hey, I suck and need to learn. LOL A while back, a buddy loaned me Mike Sigel's Perfect Pool videos on 8-ball, 9-ball and straight pool. Ran 10 racks in a row in 8 and 9 ball and ran 100 balls in straight pool. I've looked for them since and can't find them anywhere. Does anyone know where I could find a copy of these? I'd appreciate ANY leads. Thanks, guys!

The last time I saw those offered they were available through the IPT website.

Club Billiards
09-18-2007, 05:58 PM
The last time I saw those offered they were available through the IPT website.

I saw those too, but I don't know if those are the same ones I saw. Those (IPT ones) look pretty new and there's someone else explaining what Mike's doing from the short clip I saw today. The ones I want look kind of old and it's just Mike talking his way through everything. I'll look into it more though.

SoundWaves
09-18-2007, 06:23 PM
Ask Mike

mike@mikesigel.com

Club Billiards
09-19-2007, 08:34 AM
Ask Mike

mike@mikesigel.com

Now why didn't I think of that? LOL Thanks for the info. I'll give that a shot. (No pun intended)

mosconiac
09-19-2007, 01:22 PM
Since these were originally shot on VHS, the IPT is probably your only chance. They are the only ones I know of that cared enough to convert them to DVD.

They are good videos BTW.

mnorwood
09-19-2007, 05:49 PM
John Schmidt put out a video of a 245 run. You can get it at platinumbilliards.com. www.propoolvideo.com has 2 videos of a recent tourney with grady commentating one of them. Google search divx stage 6 and you can catch balsis and crane in the first us open. You can also google search Neils feijen running 295 balls but no commentary. I learned alot from watching these vids.

jpalmer
09-21-2007, 08:57 AM
Check accu stat for Jim Rempe can't go wrong there.

dmgwalsh
09-23-2007, 05:46 AM
Since these were originally shot on VHS, the IPT is probably your only chance. They are the only ones I know of that cared enough to convert them to DVD.

They are good videos BTW.

Actually the IPT ones, though the video is high quality, are crap.

They are not the same as the earlier ones that Sigel did on vhs.

On the IPT ones, Trudeau keeps injecting himself into the video. Terrible stuff.

The old vhs ones I converted to dvd and they are fine. In fact, I extracted the straight pool stuff from Perfect Pool and Runout Pool and made a dvd of just Perfect and Run out straight.

Both Rempe tapes are good Run a Rack and Run a 100.

Both Schmidt vids are good and Grady has one on straight pool that goes over mostly break shots that is good.