PDA

View Full Version : Jack Colavita Memorial Tournament

WJH111
09-23-2007, 03:27 PM
The field is now set for The Jack Colavita Memorial New Jersey 14.1 Straight Pool Championship at Comet Billiards in Parsippany, N.J. The
players meeting and the first round are Friday evening with play all day Saturday until there are four players left to come back Sunday for the final rounds. The field is limited to 16 of the best straight pool players from the area. Admission to watch will be $15 for each day.

The players are: Tony Robles Ed Hodan
Bill Dunsmore Dan Barouty
Steve Lillis Mike Davis
Carmen Lombardo Ed Deska
Bob Hayward Thorsten Hohmann
Jonathan Smith Bill Horne
Marty Ciccia Bob Madenjian
Don Polo Tom Walter (Defending Champion)

A very impressive field, should be a lot of fun to watch.
For more information call Comet Billiards 973-334-7429

Flettir
09-24-2007, 08:23 AM
Was that this last weekend and if so, what were the results. If it is for a future weekend, then what weekend is it.

WJH111
09-24-2007, 10:09 AM
Sorry, It's this weekend coming up - Sept. 28, 29, & 30

Steve Lipsky
09-24-2007, 10:17 AM
Anyone that can make it to this room to see this tournament... you should.

Comet Billiards is what all poolrooms should be. Great "open" feeling, with very high ceilings and a ton of space between the tables. The tables are impeccably-kept. Pockets not too loose or tight, and they do have a tight-pocket table available (as well as a snooker table).

They support local players by having a lot of tournaments in the room as well. I think Joss and Blaze both have regular stops at Comet.

This tournament, originally hosted by Jack Colavita, and now continuing with Bill and Marsha Haley (the owners), is a wonderful, professionally-run event.

I can't say enough good things about the room, the owners, or this tournament. If you come out, you won't regret it.

- Steve

kaznj
09-24-2007, 04:50 PM
Why isn't SJM's name on the list of players???

Gerry
09-24-2007, 05:43 PM
yea?, where's SJM, Allen, Bob Maidhof?

I'm going....anyone wanna hang, or play some , let me know.

Gerry

frankwhite
09-25-2007, 07:31 PM
yea?, where's SJM, Allen, Bob Maidhof?

I'm going....anyone wanna hang, or play some , let me know.

Gerry

Allen has played every year. This year he will not be playing do to a prior commitment for comentary work in Vegas.

Frankie..........

PALMERJOHN
09-26-2007, 06:27 AM
Me and Cliff might come out on Saturday and check it out ! Don't know
for sure yet. John D.

cmsmith9
09-26-2007, 06:43 AM
Everyone that loves straight pool and a professional atmosphere should be attending this tournament. One, to support a great game and one of the few straight pool events in the country and two, to support an amazing room. Not many pool rooms are as spacious and hospitable as Comet Billiards. $15 a day is cheap, especially when you can watch multiple matches at the same time, get great food and can accomodate a large audience.

Historically they have had scorekeepers for most of the matches which will keep the audience informed as well as move along the games as well.

With the likes of Thorsten, Mike Davis, Danny Barouty and Tony Robles, and many other great players, who would want to miss this!!!

Christian

Steve Lipsky
09-26-2007, 06:50 AM
I just realized something... my good friend Jim Gottier thinks he's playing in this event. Bill, he's not on your list... can you please confirm that he's playing? He will be crushed if he's not on the list.

- Steve

highrun55
09-28-2007, 10:28 AM
The field is now set for The Jack Colavita Memorial New Jersey 14.1 Straight Pool Championship at Comet Billiards in Parsippany, N.J. The
players meeting and the first round are Friday evening with play all day Saturday until there are four players left to come back Sunday for the final rounds. The field is limited to 16 of the best straight pool players from the area. Admission to watch will be $15 for each day.

The players are: Tony Robles Ed Hodan
Bill Dunsmore Dan Barouty
Steve Lillis Mike Davis
Carmen Lombardo Ed Deska
Bob Hayward Thorsten Hohmann
Jonathan Smith Bill Horne
Marty Ciccia Bob Madenjian
Don Polo Tom Walter (Defending Champion)

A very impressive field, should be a lot of fun to watch.
For more information call Comet Billiards 973-334-7429

What happened this year that there are only 16 players ?

highrun55

worldison2
09-29-2007, 11:03 PM
Tony Robles vs. Tom Walters(defending champ) on the winners side.
Danny Barouty vs. Thorston Hohmann on the 1 loss side.
A couple of highlights from Saturday:
Thorston Hohmann set a tournament high-run record with a 150 (races are to 150).
Thorston then broke his record by starting another match with 2 fouls, and then proceeded to run 152 in the next inning.
If you can, make it to Comet on Sunday. All 4 of these guys are amazing. Action starts at noon.

juggler314
11-06-2007, 09:23 AM
a few photos of Tony in the finals here:

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?p=920954&posted=1#post920954

cuetable
11-11-2007, 08:25 PM
a few photos of Tony in the finals here:

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?p=920954&posted=1#post920954

Great photos, many thanks!

You might also like to see some photos we took:
http://pl.cuetable.com/showthread.php?t=1065