PDA

View Full Version : Favorite league Poll

RDCustomCues
09-24-2007, 11:55 PM
Whats your favorite league BCA APA or other I enjoy both APA and BCA

cuesblues
09-25-2007, 02:01 AM
here's how I rank the leagues I've played in, I currently play on 4-teams, 4-nights a week:

1) any in house league using BCA or Valley rules
2) VNEA
3) BCA or ACS
4) APA
5) TAP

The TAP league is last due to their ridiculous scoring system. The APA has too many issues with player rankings, mainly due to the fact that defense weighs heavy in player ranking, and half of the people keeping score do not understand defense. The APA league operators need to emphasize the fact that if a shot is missed on purpose, it is considered a defensive shot, not just when defense is called. That would reduce the "sandbagging" and some of the vast differences in skill levels from division to division. Valley & BCA are very good, and the only complaint I hear is "man those guys out of Canada can play".

OneArmed
09-25-2007, 09:02 AM
I enjoy the APA here in the northern mpls area. I like the other players, and the 9 ball format.

selftaut
09-25-2007, 09:31 AM
My vote "other" - 14and1.com straight pool :)

RDCustomCues
09-25-2007, 10:37 AM
I play BCA on Mondays and really like it however there are about half the player playing BCA compared to APA. I think it is the people running it myself. I have considered looking into forming my own BCA league since I am pretty close to a lot of APA guys. I just have not found out whats all involved.

I play APA on Tuesdays. I hate the scoring system and we have a ton of sandbagger and some self admit it. It does however have a lot players on the league and the league president here is a great guy.

dmgwalsh
09-25-2007, 11:25 AM
I play in a couple of straight pool leagues and prefer shooting maybe 150-200 balls in the pockets per evening as opposed to a few games of 8 ball and subterfuge.:D

Kyros
09-25-2007, 12:54 PM
For 8-ball I like tap even though the scoring system is a bit tedious as someone mentioned before. I don't like the APA rules very much so I have never joined one of those leagues.

We just started a 14and1.com league in my area and I'm really looking forward to it. It is worth mentioning that the 14and1.com league uses the BCA rules.

SoundWaves
09-25-2007, 07:10 PM
Good question. I had a blast in the APA, but I really enjoy the TAP rules and am playing in an in-house league that I really like the atmosphere. I hate the scoring but everything else is good so I vote Other.

Matt90
10-23-2007, 01:10 AM
Tap here in Marietta is a tougher field than the APA
lots of competition ;)

Bob Jewett
10-23-2007, 08:30 AM
Whats your favorite league BCA APA or other I enjoy both APA and BCA
I know that the Qlympics (~BCAPL) is going to have a straight pool event, but has the APA decided to support 14.1?

There are several in-room straight pool leagues in this area that are loosely affiliated and use more or less the same handicap system. My vote would be "other" for them.

OneArmed
10-23-2007, 09:15 AM
I know that the Qlympics (~BCAPL) is going to have a straight pool event, but has the APA decided to support 14.1?

There are several in-room straight pool leagues in this area that are loosely affiliated and use more or less the same handicap system. My vote would be "other" for them.

The APA here was going to have a loose affiliation with my straight pool league, but they don't sanction it at all.

In my league, we use BCA WSR.

DelaWho???
10-24-2007, 04:02 AM
I had to vote APA as it's the only game in town.

Banger