Larry C
Walter D
Jamie F
Scott S
JoeyA
Giles

Tournament payout $1950.00
Calcutta $1600.00

There were about 40 players in this tournament. The Lafayette tournament pulled some players away but overall it was a good tournament.

While Joey A loses to Jamie Hill Hill (race to 5 in the loser's bracket) on this shot :

http://CueTable.com/P/?@1HSFG4IBcN4PNxH1cSFG1cbCs4kNxH1kRvp4kLdW@

I was a little tired and dogged the shot. Overall, the bangers from Banger's Paradise went back with what they usually get, not much of anything. :D

Now everyone knows why Jamie almost s**t in his pants when John Schmidt asked him to play when he was in town recenty. Even our second string bangers were giving him all of the heat he could stand and that's even up. :p :D Unfortunately, I couldn't add a tattoo on his butt before sending him back to BANGER'S PARADISE. :)

During the tournament, I heard an announcement that the Krispy Kreme Donut man had made a delivery of a few dozen donuts and the energy starved players scarfed up everyone of them before I could finish my match. :)

We did have a road player passing through who played some one hole with Jerome Gambino who has recently returned to the pool scene after a brief sabbatical. Stocky fellow about 6 foot, baseball cap, maybe 40 years old, I think shaved head, wearing a tree cutting service green shirt along with his road partner who dressed the same, a scruffy looking older dude with long hair, looking like he belongs at a Country Joe and The Fish Concert from the 60's. He was spanking Jerome 9-7 for $50 a game. I asked for a ball (8-7) and he preferred giving Jerome 9-7 since he had already clocked Jerome game with an even up match for a few games and was probably lucky he didn't give it to me. :D I was tired and couldn't stay to see the finish. Never got the player's name or the knarly looking fellow he was with.

JoeyA

cajunbarboxplyr
10-14-2007, 11:37 AM
lol Joey I know you aren't calling The Corner Pocket BANGERS PARADISE LOLOLOLOL

Thanks for the update Joey...

!Smorgass Bored
10-14-2007, 11:59 AM
We did have a road player passing through who played some one hole with Jerome Gambino who has recently returned to the pool scene after a brief sabbatical. Stocky fellow about 6 foot, baseball cap, maybe 40 years old, I think shaved head, wearing a tree cutting service green shirt along with his road partner who dressed the same, a scruffy looking older dude with long hair, looking like he belongs at a Country Joe and The Fish Concert from the 60's. He was spanking Jerome 9-7 for $50 a game. I asked for a ball (8-7) and he preferred giving Jerome 9-7 since he had already clocked Jerome game with an even up match for a few games and was probably lucky he didn't give it to me. :D I was tired and couldn't stay to see the finish. Never got the player's name or the knarly looking fellow he was with.

JoeyA

Hmmmmm, Butch Croft..... and Ray (looks like an old Hell's Angel ?)
Doug

ShootingArts
10-14-2007, 03:05 PM
I noticed Joey playing pretty sharp. Had things went just a little differently he and Bobby H could have kept up their long running friendly rivalry in the finals.

Bobby H played very well and went through some tough competition to win. From where I was watching it looked like the opponent he had to take down several matches including in the final actually might have slightly edged Bobby in safety play but Bobby overcame this with great shooting. A very nice guy took home a nice chunk of change.

As usual with every event at Buffalo's there was a great group of people there. Always enjoyable to spend an evening talking to old friends and meeting a few new ones.

Hu

JoeyA
10-14-2007, 04:14 PM
lol Joey I know you aren't calling The Corner Pocket BANGERS PARADISE LOLOLOLOL

Thanks for the update Joey...

I wasn't, but you do make an astute observation. :p
JoeyA

gulfportdoc
10-14-2007, 05:18 PM
Overall, the bangers from Banger's Paradise went back with what they usually get, not much of anything. :D

That's true-- me included. However I was surprised to see Wade Crane go two and out. I didn't see him warming up. Perhaps he hadn't gotten in stroke. I wonder if Buff made good on his promise to pay $50 to anyone who beat Jamie Farrel or Wade Crane??...;)

It was also nice to see RandyG, ShootingArts, and DocHutch.

Doc

ShootingArts
10-14-2007, 07:16 PM
That's true-- me included. However I was surprised to see Wade Crane go two and out. I didn't see him warming up. Perhaps he hadn't gotten in stroke. I wonder if Buff made good on his promise to pay $50 to anyone who beat Jamie Farrel or Wade Crane??...;)

Doc

I'd bet on Buffalo making good on any promise he made. If so I think he paid out an extra $200, $100 of that going to Bobby H.

Hu

DocHutch
10-14-2007, 07:34 PM
I was able to venture out in the public eye late in the evening and sweat a couple. They were great matches to watch. It was also nice to make new aquaintences and place faces on some familiar online names (ShootingArts, JoeyA, and GulportDoc).

Hopefully my schedule will allow me to play at the next event.

DocHutch

JoeyA
10-15-2007, 01:09 PM
I was able to venture out in the public eye late in the evening and sweat a couple. They were great matches to watch. It was also nice to make new aquaintences and place faces on some familiar online names (ShootingArts, JoeyA, and GulportDoc).

Hopefully my schedule will allow me to play at the next event.

DocHutch

Hey Doc,
Nice meeting you too. Come back December 8. I think that's the next one. It was nice meetin you. Post when you can. You have a lot of insight into some of the subject that go on here.
Regards,
JoeyA

goettlicher
10-15-2007, 03:33 PM
GOOD TOURNAMENT.

I had a good time as a railbird........SPF=randyg

MisterBanker
10-15-2007, 05:00 PM
JoeyA, it looks like you done gone and pi$$ed off someone calling himself 8ballsam:

"the local ballbanger from corner pocket in Kenner would like to offer JoeyA the "five" in 9 ball: 10-7 one pocket. bet what ever he can scrape up. we would never expect Mr.JoeyA to strap it on and play like a man straight up!!!!"

http://www.nola.com/forums/billiards/

ShootingArts
10-15-2007, 05:20 PM
I'm skeptical of anyone local making either of those games. Joey can find backers by the dozen including me if any local player wants to give him 10-7 at one pocket. Sounds like all bark and no bite.

Hu

JoeyA, it looks like you done gone and pi$$ed off someone calling himself 8ballsam:

"the local ballbanger from corner pocket in Kenner would like to offer JoeyA the "five" in 9 ball: 10-7 one pocket. bet what ever he can scrape up. we would never expect Mr.JoeyA to strap it on and play like a man straight up!!!!"

JoeyA
10-15-2007, 05:26 PM

"the local ballbanger from pool hall in Kenner would like to offer JoeyA the "five" in 9 ball: 10-7 one pocket. bet what ever he can scrape up. we would never expect Mr.JoeyA to strap it on and play like a man straight up!!!!"

:D :D :D
LOL. That's real nice. I don't visit nola.com. It is not the sort of forum that I enjoy conversing on. Far too much talk and very little action. Even the proprietor has developed a reputation for being all talk and no gamble. Why just a couple of weeks ago John Schmidt was in town to play some cheap sets and when he got in touch with the proprietor, he was far more interested in watching a football game rather than playing pool. Can you believe it? A class act pool player comes through town and you don't give him the time of day. I mean really.....

I've been told that if you read what is written in that forum about all of the woofin and the games that supposedly went down, how much money was bet, the way they claim they went down, you are a stone cold sucker but what do I know. :D

I have no idea who the ballbanger you are referring to but from what you wrote here, he sounds pretty desperate to traverse all the way to this forum. :)

He sounds like the kind of low life that wouldn't play someone his own speed for little money or big money. I know most of the pool players at the other place and for the most part they are a nice group of guys.

There are petty, small-minded little men everywhere you go in this world and I don't always have the time nor the inclination to woof back at them.

The last time I went to the other place, the action had kind of dried up over there. There weren't many people even doing any gambling but who knows, things change although I haven't heard of anyone doing any gambling over there.

Actually, there weren't many pool players left over there, a couple here and a couple there. A couple of them can play decent but for the most part all of the pool players have left.

The road hogs who come through town barely even stop there any more. It's really a shame.

JoeyA

!Smorgass Bored
10-15-2007, 07:53 PM
The last time I went to the other place, the action had kind of dried up over there. There weren't many people even doing any gambling but who knows, things change although I haven't heard of anyone doing any gambling over there.

Actually, there weren't many pool players left over there, a couple here and a couple there. A couple of them can play decent but for the most part all of the pool players have left.

The road hogs who come through town barely even stop there any more. It's really a shame.
JoeyA

That's a crying shame to hear, but do they still have PIZZA ?
Doug
( and sammiches ) :)

JoeyA
10-15-2007, 11:07 PM

JoeyA

That's a crying shame to hear, but do they still have PIZZA ?
Doug
( and sammiches ) :)

The pizza place got sold to Mario.
JoeyA