PDA

View Full Version : US open

9ball
10-14-2007, 04:15 PM
Hi! Does anybody see anything on the live stream from the US open? I have a blank screen.

TATE
10-14-2007, 04:20 PM
Hi! Does anybody see anything on the live stream from the US open? I have a blank screen.

What I've got now is the table, a 9 ball rack, and an open microphone. You should be getting some feed now.

Chris

Ps - try going back on your browser, go back to it, and click on it again. The feed is locking up.

pss - now I've got a black screen too. I don't think they're scheduled to start for another 45 minutes.

Johnnyt
10-14-2007, 04:20 PM

Starts at 8PM EST. Johnnyt

leaguedude
10-14-2007, 04:23 PM
looks like E.Dominguez vs F.Hernandez at 8pm

TATE
10-14-2007, 04:27 PM
Looks like the first match is my friend, Ernesto Dominguez versus Frankie Hernandez - go Ernesto!

Can't wait!!!!

Chris

9ball
10-14-2007, 04:30 PM
Thanks for the info! Hope to see this soon. Is there a list of times and players anywhere?

TATE
10-14-2007, 04:45 PM
Thanks for the info! Hope to see this soon. Is there a list of times and players anywhere?

I don't think so.

Xburp
10-14-2007, 04:53 PM
Does anyone know who will win?

TATE
10-14-2007, 05:06 PM
They said it was TV quality broadcast. What they didn't say was TV in the year 1954!

eales
10-14-2007, 05:06 PM
I signed up for the coverage. Had to download an activex plugin, which installed successfully. I get sound but no picture. Anyone else experiencing the same?

Jim Eales

Johnnyt
10-14-2007, 05:11 PM
I signed up for the coverage. Had to download an activex plugin, which installed successfully. I get sound but no picture. Anyone else experiencing the same?

Jim Eales
I'm getting sound and pic. Johnnyt

hangemhigh
10-14-2007, 05:16 PM
Does anyone know who will win?
Rodney Morris

Ktown D
10-14-2007, 05:23 PM
They said it was TV quality broadcast. What they didn't say was TV in the year 1954!
Looks like the typical BCN quality broadcast only without as much buffering. As long as the feed doesn't lock up every 2 minutes I can handle it.

beetle
10-14-2007, 05:26 PM
Sadly, I've got sound and a lovely green box! I've tried reinstalling Internet explorer several times, and the same thing. Any suggestions on what I can do would be appreciated!

Johnnyt
10-14-2007, 05:35 PM
Sadly, I've got sound and a lovely green box! I've tried reinstalling Internet explorer several times, and the same thing. Any suggestions on what I can do would be appreciated!

Have you tried pressing F5 and/or refresh?

Kid Dynomite
10-14-2007, 05:38 PM
I use a Mac lap top and have a Windows PC tower. I want to use the mac to watch it since its mobile and I have a cold. Is that possible??? or must I use a windows system to watch.

Kid
dynomite

TATE
10-14-2007, 05:40 PM
Ernesto has done nothing but work 7 days a week lately, but somehow he manages to play well. He just won the Riverside tournament. He likes tight equipment too.

beetle
10-14-2007, 05:45 PM
Have you tried pressing F5 and/or refresh?

yeah, but it just goes back to green....I'll keep trying to troubleshoot. I remember not getting it to run on IE with The Action Report, but when I installed Mozilla Firefox, it worked. However, this stream apparently only works with IE. I've downloaded IE 7, so not sure why it's not working :confused:

TATE
10-14-2007, 05:49 PM
Ernesto just won the last 5 games in a row, 5 -2

TATE
10-14-2007, 05:51 PM
I use a Mac lap top and have a Windows PC tower. I want to use the mac to watch it since its mobile and I have a cold. Is that possible??? or must I use a windows system to watch.

Kid
dynomite

This broadcast - they are not running on Mac's. Next one will be.

Kid Dynomite
10-14-2007, 05:55 PM
one more question? How much is it? I went to bcn at check out it still says $0.00 dollars and that can't be right!!! Nothing is free!!!!!

Kid
dynomite

Johnnyt
10-14-2007, 06:00 PM
one more question? How much is it? I went to bcn at check out it still says $0.00 dollars and that can't be right!!! Nothing is free!!!!!

Kid
dynomite

I believe you need to register first. Johnnyt

TATE
10-14-2007, 06:09 PM
Tight tables have cost Frankie 3 easy games blown. 9-3 Ernesto

Kid Dynomite
10-14-2007, 06:10 PM
i did register first still says $0.00!!!

Johnnyt
10-14-2007, 06:11 PM
I'm getting a very good picture and great sound...and I have an old PC...but I'll have a new one next week.:D Johnnyt

Kid Dynomite
10-14-2007, 06:13 PM
on the bcn web page on the front it says $0.00 !!!!

Go figure!!!

Kid
Dynomite

iowa_player
10-14-2007, 06:14 PM
Anyone have a link where i can buy this ?

Thanks ....... Larry

Tim5000
10-14-2007, 06:14 PM
If you haven't watched video on BCN before you may have this problem. Here's what I encountered...

I downloaded the active-X as instructed. Still didn't work.

Then went to the help page. There it tells you: In order to view ANY video on the site you must download and install a plug-in (this is in addition to the Active-X mentioned earlier)

Now everything works fine.

jnav447
10-14-2007, 06:17 PM
No picture, no sound, no nothing. BCN, would you please communicate with us. I defended you a few times and am now in a less generous mood. Why is it that a couple of guys (ActionReport) can run a flawless feed, and a (purported) network can't seem to get it right?

TATE
10-14-2007, 06:20 PM
Ernesto did it - nice playing.

Sorry you guys are having problems.

It was a good match but BCN needs to get their schedule up and in writing - to many technical problems.

Johnnyt
10-14-2007, 06:25 PM
I lost feed also. no sound no picture grrrrrrrrrrrrr. Johnnyt

Kid Dynomite
10-14-2007, 06:27 PM
I believe you need to register first. Johnnyt

http://www.billiardclub.net/shop/watch-live-open-9ball-c-90.html

here it says "$0.00" and I am registered????

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

9ball
10-14-2007, 06:31 PM
http://www.billiardclub.net/shop/watch-live-open-9ball-c-90.html

here it says "$0.00" and I am registered????

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

You need to go here. http://www.onthenetsports.com/index.htm

9ball
10-14-2007, 06:33 PM
Anyone have a link where i can buy this ?

Thanks ....... Larry

go here http://www.onthenetsports.com/index.htm

Johnnyt
10-14-2007, 06:34 PM
I don't know if it's normal to have body in the seats around the TV table in the first round but it looks bad. Johnnyt

jnav447
10-14-2007, 06:36 PM
For those of you who are considering forking out 70 bucks to watch the Open, DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT, do it until you see some positive remarks on this forum. I believe in supporting the pool industry, but am shocked at the lack of customer service and concern on the part of BCN. No way to get any answers, no refund possible, and a seeming total lack of regard for the relative few die-hard pool fans willing to shell out the $. Either give me what you promised, give me answers, or give me my money back!

Ktown D
10-14-2007, 06:43 PM
Darren,

I have had no problems at all so far with the coverage. I am using IE7 and Vista with the latest plug-ins. The feed has been constant with no buffering or black screens so far. I hope it continues.

Johnnyt
10-14-2007, 06:46 PM
Darren,

I have had no problems at all so far with the coverage. I am using IE7 and Vista with the latest plug-ins. The feed has been constant with no buffering or black screens so far. I hope it continues.

I lost the feed once for a few minutes...it came back on itself. Johnnyt

9ball
10-14-2007, 06:50 PM
For those of you who are considering forking out 70 bucks to watch the Open, DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT, do it until you see some positive remarks on this forum. I believe in supporting the pool industry, but am shocked at the lack of customer service and concern on the part of BCN. No way to get any answers, no refund possible, and a seeming total lack of regard for the relative few die-hard pool fans willing to shell out the $. Either give me what you promised, give me answers, or give me my money back!

Hey! sorry your having trouble, let me try to help. What are you having trouble with?

Don`t worry about a refund , if you paid with your credit card you can always do a chargeback, Just let your card co. know what your problem was.

Rip
10-14-2007, 06:50 PM
Just to be sure I'm seeing what everyone else is seeing...there is currently no sound and someone practicing and text across the screen suggesting I "Stay Tuned". Is this what everyone else is seeing?

Thanks,
Rip

Johnnyt
10-14-2007, 06:52 PM
Just to be sure I'm seeing what everyone else is seeing...there is currently no sound and someone practicing and text across the screen suggesting I "Stay Tuned". Is this what everyone else is seeing?

Thanks,
Rip

Yes. Johnnyt

Rip
10-14-2007, 07:02 PM
Johnny T,
Thanks! Hopefully it's just a lull in the action between matches.
Rip

Fatboy
10-14-2007, 07:08 PM
After 56 Attempts Using Every Credit Card Possible I Give Up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

jnav447
10-14-2007, 07:09 PM
Hey! sorry your having trouble, let me try to help. What are you having trouble with?

Don`t worry about a refund , if you paid with your credit card you can always do a chargeback, Just let your card co. know what your problem was.
Thanks for your post. I log in, get the screen, and nada, no picture, no sound. I was somewhat put off with the whole log-in process, and then hit the roof when I couldn't see anything. I am a businessman and know that if I owned BCN, SOMEONE (probably me) would have been on this forum from jump street with some words of encouragement and explanations for any problems, and, most important, some fixes. I am the first to give kudos when deserved, but also the first to throw darts when they are deserved. I'm not really worried about my money back, my main agenda is to get BCN to get involved with the pool community - their rep does not need any more blemishes and I don't need to waste an inordinate amount of time trying to get something I paid for.

Johnnyt
10-14-2007, 07:18 PM
They put Mondays lineup up. 7 pm. Tony Robles Vs Rafael Marinez and 9 pm. Orcollo Vs Joyner. Just two matches for the day? What happened to the day matches? WTF Johnnyt

Johnnyt
10-14-2007, 07:28 PM
Anyone else have a black screen and no sound? Is it over for the night? One match? WTF. Johnnyt

9ball
10-14-2007, 07:28 PM
Thanks for your post. I log in, get the screen, and nada, no picture, no sound. I was somewhat put off with the whole log-in process, and then hit the roof when I couldn't see anything. I am a businessman and know that if I owned BCN, SOMEONE (probably me) would have been on this forum from jump street with some words of encouragement and explanations for any problems, and, most important, some fixes. I am the first to give kudos when deserved, but also the first to throw darts when they are deserved. I'm not really worried about my money back, my main agenda is to get BCN to get involved with the pool community - their rep does not need any more blemishes and I don't need to waste an inordinate amount of time trying to get something I paid for.

Check to see if you downloaded this streaming video file! Hopefully this helps.

https://www.onthenetsports.com/help.php

9ball
10-14-2007, 07:29 PM
Anyone else have a black screen and no sound? Is it over for the night? One match? WTF. Johnnyt

Same here! They said they were waiting for 10 oclock match?

Keith Buck
10-14-2007, 07:30 PM
They put Mondays lineup up. 7 pm. Tony Robles Vs Rafael Marinez and 9 pm. Orcollo Vs Joyner. Just two matches for the day? What happened to the day matches? WTF Johnnyt

It says those are the feature matches for tomorrow so I am hoping those are just the primetime matches and there will be other matches during the day.

Better communication from BCN would be nice. Are they still having a 10 pm match tonight?

highrun55
10-14-2007, 07:31 PM
I had not one problem sorry you guys are having trouble.
Awesome picture for internet streaming.

highrun55

beetle
10-14-2007, 07:32 PM
I just sent this email to info@billiardclub.net (the only contact I know of):

"I have spent 2 hours trouble shooting what I thought should be a simple straightforward broadcast. I am getting a green box where the video should be. The audio is fine.
I have triple checked that I have everything in order.
Windows xp
Intenet explorer 7
pop ups turned off
plugins enabled
downloaded proper versions of directX and .net framework
cable connection.

Why am I getting a green box????
Please provide some assistance soon or I will be forced to cancel my charges on my credit card.
Thanks,
Steve

p.s. Yes I've dowloaded the streaming software and made sure it was installed in the plugins in Internet Explorer. I've exhausted everything I can think of.

Johnnyt
It says those are the feature matches for tomorrow so I am hoping those are just the primetime matches and there will be other matches during the day.

Better communication from BCN would be nice. Are they still having a 10 pm match tonight?

Their communication is piss poor to say the least. Johnnyt

9ball

Its on now!

Keith Buck
10-14-2007, 07:35 PM
Its on now!

I thought they were just practicing since there is no commentary.:o

9ball
10-14-2007, 07:39 PM
I just sent this email to info@billiardclub.net (the only contact I know of):

"I have spent 2 hours trouble shooting what I thought should be a simple straightforward broadcast. I am getting a green box where the video should be. The audio is fine.
I have triple checked that I have everything in order.
Windows xp
Intenet explorer 7
pop ups turned off
plugins enabled
downloaded proper versions of directX and .net framework
cable connection.

Why am I getting a green box????
Please provide some assistance soon or I will be forced to cancel my charges on my credit card.
Thanks,
Steve

p.s. Yes I've dowloaded the streaming software and made sure it was installed in the plugins in Internet Explorer. I've exhausted everything I can think of.

I don`t know why you get a green box, everyone else gets a black box? Do you know the size of you video card?. Needs to be at least 16 mb.

beetle
10-14-2007, 07:40 PM
I don`t know why you get a green box, everyone else gets a black box? Do you know the size of you video card?. Needs to be at least 16 mb.

I checked it, and it's 128 megabytes.

9ball
10-14-2007, 07:41 PM

????????????????:D

TATE
10-14-2007, 07:44 PM
I kind of recognize the stroke. Isn't that gray haired guy the one who does the pro book instructional videos? His stroke is like some bizarre ritual.

9ball
10-14-2007, 07:45 PM

There you go , Its too big! LOL,

Seriously though, thats not the problem then.:confused:

beetle
10-14-2007, 07:47 PM

Seriously though, that not the problem then.:confused:

Thanks for the moral support anyway! At least somebody is listening! ;)

EasyMoney
10-14-2007, 07:47 PM
who's playin now and score????

eastcoast_chris
10-14-2007, 07:48 PM

They just said that the live broadcast starts at 11am eastern tomorrow.

Who is playing right now?

Cheers, Chris

9ball

Seriously though, thats not the problem then.:confused:

Whats your connection speed?

Rip
Hi Tate,
Yes, I believe that's Bob Henning.
I'm able to view a decent picture but no audio. Does anyone have the magic answer?
Thanks,
Rip

Johnnyt
10-14-2007, 07:50 PM

The commentators must be union...they get off at ten. Johnnyt

9ball
10-14-2007, 07:51 PM
Hi Tate,
I'm able to view a decent picture but no audio. Does anyone have a the magic answer?
Thanks,
Rip

From the sound of the first match I say they were having audio trouble!!
Not the best quality sound I heard.

TATE
10-14-2007, 07:51 PM
Hi Tate,
I'm able to view a decent picture but no audio. Does anyone have the magic answer?
Thanks,
Rip

Thanks - wierd how you can recognize a player by their stroke.

Keith Buck
10-14-2007, 07:54 PM
From the sound of the first match I say they were having audio trouble!!
Not the best quality sound I heard.

The first match went off without a hitch for me and I was very happy with it.

I think I will give up on the second match now though as the video is very choppy and I have no idea what the score is.

curly
10-14-2007, 07:57 PM
I had no problems with the Action Report challenge match PPV but this is not anywhere as good. It doesn't seem to be organized...the schedule, announcers and production...what a mess! I wanted to support pool live like this but thank God I only bought the one day. I may try another day to give BCN more time to get their act together...wishful thinking I think.
Curly

9ball
10-14-2007, 07:58 PM
The commentators must be union...they get off at ten. Johnnyt

I agree! LOL

I think the match on now is not considered a feature match, just a filler, Thats why we have no commentary.

Johnnyt
10-14-2007, 07:59 PM
Waaaay too many people have $400 enty fee to get in the open. Night all. Johnnyt

9ball
10-14-2007, 08:02 PM

Well! sorry but all I can suggest Is to start all over again. Start by logging in again that helped me. And take it from there. :o

Ktown D
10-14-2007, 08:03 PM
Waaaay too many people have $400 enty fee to get in the open. Night all. Johnnyt
You are $100 short on the figurin' there Johnny.:p

beetle
10-14-2007, 08:04 PM
Whats your connection speed?

It's cable, and approximately twice as fast as DSL but I don't know exactly what it is or where to find out.

TATE
10-14-2007, 08:05 PM

Anyone have a blindfold? I'm getting out of stroke just watching this. I don't know how many times you can get up and down on a 2 foot hanger.

Johnnyt
10-14-2007, 08:06 PM
You are $100 short on the figurin' there Johnny.:p

Thats even worse:eek: Johnnyt

curly
10-14-2007, 08:08 PM
I have cable too but alot of buffering is going on. I'm interested in how to check my connection speed also....if anyone knows.
Curly

Johnnyt
10-14-2007, 08:10 PM
I have cable too but alot of buffering is going on. I'm interested in how to check my connection speed also....if anyone knows.
Curly
Go to pitstop. its free. Johnnyt

Keith Buck
10-14-2007, 08:10 PM
Brackets are up now on the main page.

beetle
10-14-2007, 08:24 PM

Thanks for the tip. I just did that and it said mine is:
4595 kb per second. Does that sound adequate for this feed?

curly
10-14-2007, 08:46 PM

Thanks johnnyt. It's www.pcpitstop.com and I checked my speed and it's 173 KBPS which is really slow for cable. I think my connection speed is a problem.. It wasn't for the Action Report challenge match though!

Curly

Bigtruck
10-14-2007, 09:01 PM
Anybody know who these guys are that are playing now?

Ray

beetle
10-14-2007, 09:16 PM
OK, just in case anyone else was experiencing a green box instead of video, here's what I found thanks to googling "green screen video problems":

Go to Windows Media Player and in the Tool Bar, turn off Video Acceleration. The default has this set to "Full". When I changed this, I got video immediately after loging in again.

Oh well, I'm set for tomorrow anyway...

9ball
10-14-2007, 09:20 PM
OK, just in case anyone else was experiencing a green box instead of video, here's what I found thanks to googling "green screen video problems":

Go to Windows Media Player and in the Tool Bar, turn off Video Acceleration. The default has this set to "Full". When I changed this, I got video immediately after loging in again.

Oh well, I'm set for tomorrow anyway...

Great glad to hear your up an running!

Now can we please have something to watch? :eek:

TATE
10-14-2007, 09:24 PM
Anybody know who these guys are that are playing now?

Ray

The guy with the gray hair is Bob Henning, author of the 'Pro Book" series. I don't recognize the other player.