PDA

View Full Version : Prayer for Ray leslie family

cornerstone
10-15-2007, 07:31 AM
Good friend and fellow cue collector, has gone to be with the lord today! please keep his wife Tisha in prayer. ray has been a staple at the derby.and was working in my booth there last year! a great man needs reconigition!

crawfish
10-15-2007, 07:33 AM
Good friend and fellow cue collector, has gone to be with the lord today! please keep his wife Tisha in prayer. ray has been a staple at the derby.and was working in my booth there last year! a great man needs reconigition!Tisha will be mentioned, sir.

ibuycues
10-15-2007, 08:23 AM
I just heard the news. I met Ray and Tisha at your booth last January. He loved pool. Our thoughts and prayers will be with Tisha.

Will

Jack Madden
10-15-2007, 01:01 PM
Bill
I am sorry for the loss of your friend, please pass on my condolences to his wife.

JimmyRayK
10-15-2007, 02:58 PM
I have lost a friend.

The cue world will miss Ray Leslie. I will miss Ray Leslie. He was like a lot of us that post here. He absolutely loved cues and he loved pool. He was lucky that his wife also shared these things. They loved to travel to tournaments together and play pool together. They both loved custom cues.

He didn't post here often, but when he did it was under the screen name First Sergeant. He was a dedicated military man for most of his life. He was only 42 years old. What a shame. A patriot, a husband and a father (3 children).

I was lucky enough to meet Ray and Tisha several years ago. They have family in my area and he was visiting one holiday. He heard from a local that I was also a cue nut. He called me, we hooked at Sky's billiards in Evansville, IN and did some cue bartering. He then went back to Oklahoma. He was stationed there and most of Tisha's family is there. It was his home. So from then on we saw each other at the DCC or had an occasional phone conversation. I wish I would have called more.

Last January at the DCC Ray and Tisha thought his cancer was in remission. There was hope. Then around Labor Day he started feeling bad again and the cancer had taken off through his whole body. What an injustice. :(

I spoke to Tisha this afternoon and here is more information:

Children: Elizabeth 20, Nicole 18 and Stephan 16.
Visitation: Lawton, OK Ritter Gray Funeral Home. Thursday 6:00-8:00pm
Funeral services: Lawton First Assembly Church. Friady, 10:00am
Burial: Celestial Gardens, Cyrial OK.

Please keep the family in your thought and prayers.

Sincerely,
Jim Kissinger

JimmyRayK
10-16-2007, 08:47 AM
bump.............

HollyWood
10-16-2007, 09:16 AM
We come into this world crying while all around us are smiling. May we so believe that we go out of this world smiling while everybody around us is weeping. Birth , as well as death , herald the entrance and the exit of a life filled with meaning and purpose. please lord fill the family with the most special memories.