PDA

View Full Version : My fun show stopper!

PoolSponge
10-15-2007, 07:36 AM
Ok, so I played a lot this weekend, just not very well. That said I have to tell everyone about a fun shot I hit in my match.

Match was squared 6-6 race to 11. I broke and ran two racks and in the third a parked the CB in the middle but had a blocker between the CB and the one straight in to the corner. So I grabbed my JB and put my rest attachment on and grabbed my jump cue. By now the crowd was watching and the railbirds were having a great time trying to figure out what I was going to do. I put the rest on the table and using my left hand pivoted the cue into the air allowing me to elevate the rest head to the height I needed to jump. I lined up like I was shooting a rest shot and using that setup jumped the blocker and slammed the 1 in the corner with a stop shot to stay on the 2. I ran out. The crowd went nuts. It was fun. :D

http://CueTable.com/P/?@1ATWg2BSUq1CKut4DXNf2ELxF3Fcpu4Gcxt3HFMX3IFCa4PE YD4TEYD3phsX4kEYD1kShR1kShR@

Snapshot9
10-15-2007, 09:10 AM
You mind saying that in American? What is a rest? Do you mean a bridge?
A jump shot using a bridge? And good shooting on the 3 pack...

Snorks
10-15-2007, 09:27 AM
Snapshot... He's not right.

Actually, I use the bridge frequently to place my hand on it to get increased elevation. It really helps me get the proper angle for a good jump shot. And, I'm not exactly tall either.

As for PoolSponge's bridge with the rest, he simply isn't right.

PoolSponge
10-15-2007, 09:40 AM
Snapshot,

Yes, sorry I mean a bridge. I used to play snooker and just got used to calling it a rest.

The shot isn't that tough once you learn how to support the "bridge" ;) and keep it solid and stable.

Snorks,

Wish you had been there!:D

ez2h8
10-15-2007, 10:36 AM
That's a nice shot under the pressure and while using a bridge/rest. Congrats, I would be glowing at that one!:)

ez

Shortside K
10-15-2007, 11:17 AM
Snapshot... He's not right.

Actually, I use the bridge frequently to place my hand on it to get increased elevation. It really helps me get the proper angle for a good jump shot. And, I'm not exactly tall either.

As for PoolSponge's bridge with the rest, he simply isn't right.

We had the same situation occur awhile back. Investigation resulted in the conclusion that using the bridge in this manner is an infraction of the BCA World Standardized Rules:

SUPPLEMENTAL RULES

"The following are rules that are referred to within the General Rules of Pocket Billiards above. For the complete World Standardized Rules, please consider Billiards: The Official Rules and Records Book, published by the Billiard Congress of America.

1.3 USE OF EQUIPMENT
Players may not use equipment or accessory items for purposes or in a manner other than those for which the items were intended (refer to rules 3.42 and 3.43). For example, powder containers, chalk cubes, etc., may not be used to prop up a mechanical bridge (or natural hand bridge); no more than two mechanical bridges may be used at one time, nor may they be used to support anything other than the cue shaft. Extra or out-of-play balls may not be used by players to.... "

Scaramouche
10-15-2007, 11:30 AM
You mind saying that in American? What is a rest? Do you mean a bridge?

Bridge - Rest -Rake - Lady's Aid:D

Snorks
10-15-2007, 11:32 AM
We had the same situation occur awhile back. Investigation resulted in the conclusion that using the bridge in this manner is an infraction of the BCA World Standardized Rules:

SUPPLEMENTAL RULES

"The following are rules that are referred to within the General Rules of Pocket Billiards above. For the complete World Standardized Rules, please consider Billiards: The Official Rules and Records Book, published by the Billiard Congress of America.

1.3 USE OF EQUIPMENT
Players may not use equipment or accessory items for purposes or in a manner other than those for which the items were intended (refer to rules 3.42 and 3.43). For example, powder containers, chalk cubes, etc., may not be used to prop up a mechanical bridge (or natural hand bridge); no more than two mechanical bridges may be used at one time, nor may they be used to support anything other than the cue shaft. Extra or out-of-play balls may not be used by players to.... "

OH Crap... glad we are not using BCA rules... I like doing that because I can get the correct angle. I'm going to hope no one from my area reads this post :)

PoolSponge
10-15-2007, 01:46 PM
The way I do it is perfectly legal. The bridge is holding my cue and I prop the rest up using my left hand. See...legal.

Gregg
10-15-2007, 01:50 PM
Ok, so I played a lot this weekend, just not very well...I broke and ran two racks.

:confused: You put up a three pack, and you claim not to be shooting well?:mad:

poolhustler
10-15-2007, 02:04 PM
:confused: You put up a three pack, and you claim not to be shooting well?:mad:

EXACTLY WHAT I WAS THINKING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

steev
10-15-2007, 02:14 PM
I've seen a 'dogbone' shaped bridge made from clear plastic. It was about a foot tall (maybe a little shorter?) and designed for this jump shot. Anyone else seen this?

-s