PDA

View Full Version : Color Ideas Needed Fast

Fatboy
10-15-2007, 12:40 PM
i need some help on this one fast, i took a bedroom in my house its the 19X26' room that i'm putting the Centennial in soon with green 860 on it, I used a dark burgandy wine color indoe/out door thin carpet and went up 5 feet on the walls with it-to kill the echo its a big room and it still echo's some, it looks great, this room is only going to be there for a year max so I can just peel the carpet up repaint etc,

to my question, the celing is 12'tall I have 7' above the burgand wine carpet to paint, the door to the outside and all windows will be blacked out 100%, I have a good light , i might buy one that matches the table, but I NEED HELP FAST LIKE IN A FEW HOURS WITH THE COLOR OF THE WALLS AND LID(CELING), i want it dark, its a huge room for one table so I can go darl as I like with out shrinking the room, it will still feel big, it will be for pool only, so I was thinking a semi gloss for the walls and a flat black for the lid, on the walls there are lots of windows to break up the black, i could put a dark contrasting wall paper over the black it its too black, since its for pool only the only thing I care about is how the bed of the table looks,

help please, is it possible to wall paper over semi gloss paint? is black the right plan and break it up with pctures and wall paper if its too much. or should I look into something a bit lighter, its tempoary so i'm not gonna spend a ton on this room.

thanks in advance

Jack Madden
10-15-2007, 12:57 PM
i need some help on this one fast, i took a bedroom in my house its the 19X26' room that i'm putting the Centennial in soon with green 860 on it, I used a dark burgandy wine color indoe/out door thin carpet and went up 5 feet on the walls with it-to kill the echo its a big room and it still echo's some, it looks great, this room is only going to be there for a year max so I can just peel the carpet up repaint etc,

to my question, the celing is 12'tall I have 7' above the burgand wine carpet to paint, the door to the outside and all windows will be blacked out 100%, I have a good light , i might buy one that matches the table, but I NEED HELP FAST LIKE IN A FEW HOURS WITH THE COLOR OF THE WALLS AND LID(CELING), i want it dark, its a huge room for one table so I can go darl as I like with out shrinking the room, it will still feel big, it will be for pool only, so I was thinking a semi gloss for the walls and a flat black for the lid, on the walls there are lots of windows to break up the black, i could put a dark contrasting wall paper over the black it its too black, since its for pool only the only thing I care about is how the bed of the table looks,

help please, is it possible to wall paper over semi gloss paint? is black the right plan and break it up with pctures and wall paper if its too much. or should I look into something a bit lighter, its tempoary so i'm not gonna spend a ton on this room.

thanks in advance

A gray semi gloss on the walls with a flat gray on the ceiling. You can then put anything on the walls. Saw those colors in a high end high rise office suite in downtown Phoenix --- looked good --- had a lot of modern art on the walls --- very professional classy looking.

BVal
10-15-2007, 01:02 PM
A gray semi gloss on the walls with a flat gray on the ceiling. You can then put anything on the walls. Saw those colors in a high end high rise office suite in downtown Phoenix --- looked good --- had a lot of modern art on the walls --- very professional classy looking.
Good call.

BVal

rayjay
10-15-2007, 01:07 PM
How about a dark forest green, to match the cloth. Semi gloss on the walls, flat on the ceiling. Would look great with the burgandy carpet.
:D

Fatboy
10-15-2007, 01:15 PM
is the black to much?

i would have my decorator do but he would screw it up and i'm helpless when it comes to this kinda stuff.

ez2h8
10-15-2007, 01:15 PM
The pool hall I shot in has burgandy carpet, dark stained wainscoting up 3 feet from floor (to match the centennial tables) and then dark green/forest green color painted up to ceiling with black drop panels for ceiling. Brass and black details throughout. The wood wainscoting showed off the wood in the tables and when you looked up, the blue/green felt looked good with the green on the walls. Easy going on the eyes while playing.

Last thing I would do is put up any wallpaper. Much easier to paint and much easier to redo then ripping down wallpaper.

ez

davidwoj
10-15-2007, 01:18 PM
Not sure if this is going to be dark enough, but how about something in the Cream color. Hopefully this link will work (if not, try cutting and pasting into the browser), but this color combo looks sharp:
http://www.benjaminmoore.com/bmpsweb/portals/bmps.portal?_nfpb=true&_windowLabel=portletInstance_2&portletInstance_2_actionOverride=%2Fbm%2Fcms%2FCon tentRenderer%2FrenderContent&portletInstance_2WT.svl=2&portletInstance_2currentNodeUUID=%2FBEA+Repository %2F5612&portletInstance_2NodeUUID=%2FBEA+Repository%2F3000 1&_pageLabel=fh_home

Click on Living Room, Living room #2

I've used a Benjamin Moore smokey taupe in the past which gives a nice complex greyish tone which looks sharp.

Lastly, I would avoid pure black as it shows too many imperfections...

Good luck.

JoeyA
10-15-2007, 01:33 PM
is the black to much?

i would have my decorator do but he would screw it up and i'm helpless when it comes to this kinda stuff.

Don't rush this man. You are going to have to live with this for a while.

FTR, I like a dark pool room with the table being illuminated by good lights. Everything else is icing....

I'm not a color coordinating type of guy. Maybe one of our painters or decorators can help out.

JoeyA

Fatboy
10-15-2007, 02:03 PM
Don't rush this man. You are going to have to live with this for a while.

FTR, I like a dark pool room with the table being illuminated by good lights. Everything else is icing....

I'm not a color coordinating type of guy. Maybe one of our painters or decorators can help out.

JoeyA

i'm not a color coordnating guy either, hell i cant even spell it. anyways, i agree with you, a dark room with the table as the only focal point is what I like best.

Fatboy
10-15-2007, 02:55 PM
thanks to everyone, have it handled, walnut panneling upto the lid that will be mat black and a black rail between the carpet and panneling 60" off the floor, there is 5/8" plywood behind the dry wall so we can just tack it up for now.

thanks for the ideas, i memorized them all went over to the room layed on the floor and thought about them and it came to me. there is a hall to a insuite bathroom off the pool room, i'll get to that later I just want a box up so I can play when I feel good-even if its for 10 minutes here and there.

JOEY
10-15-2007, 04:47 PM
hi fatboy, i have a lot of experience in remodeling. i only use semi-gloss in kitchens and bathrooms, due to the moisture and frequent cleaning. the thing with a semi-gloss paint is that it reflects light, so any imperfections in ones drywall work, will stick out like a sore thumb. flat paint absorbs the light, hence hiding any imperfections alot better. i dont care who tapes the drywall, its pretty much gauranteed to have some imperfections in it.
good luck,
joey