PDA

View Full Version : Qlympics - sign up NOW!!!

Mark Griffin
10-15-2007, 04:12 PM
Clearing up the confusion:

You do NOT have to be a BCAPL member to play in the 4 - US Open events. (One-Pocket, Banks, 10-Ball, 14.l). ANYBODY can play (that is why they are called ?open?). You can play in all of the events because one event is in the AM ? the other is in the PM.

So far the sign-ups are REAL slow. We are adding $5,000 per US Open event (+$100 per player over 50 players). Guaranteed $20,000 ADDED!!!! To participate in the added money, you must be a registered guest, (not booked through a 3rd party like hotel.com).

?So far we ONLY HAVE 38 total entries in all of these events. So ----- sign up and get some money!!!

Forms are here: http://www.playbca.com/Default.aspx?tabid=246. You can also sign up on site or you can fax or e-mail them in.

We have tried to explain this to everyone but there is still some confusion. The amateur events are for BCAPL members. The BCAPL amateur is $10,000 Guaranteed ADDED!!!!

THEACTIONREPORT is having 2 great matches; Danny Harriman vs John Schmidt on Nov. 8-10th. Shane van Boening vs Earl Strickland on Nov 15-17th. Go to www.theactionreport.com for more info. There is no door charge to the Qlympics, however there will a door charge for the challenge matches. There are also a dozen great exhibitors that will have some great values.

This event will not cancel. If you have any questions, please contact the BCAPL office at 702-719-7665. (www.playbca.com).

Mark Griffin

Mark Griffin
10-16-2007, 12:52 PM
*bump*

Just really want everyone to know about the event and to understand the Open events are OPEN.

Sign-ups are still behind where they need to be - come on down - the money is going to be paid out and you might as well get some!!

Mark Griffin
(I actually feel bad about "hawking" this event, but I am thinking this could become a real nice future event, but not if it loses $50,000+ in the first year!)

Scott Lee
10-16-2007, 09:42 PM
Just bumping this back up to the front page. Hope you get a good turnout Mark! This is some amazing added money for a first time event. Come on folks...roust out the players in your towns, to come play...especially in the midwest and southeast!

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

9ball
10-16-2007, 10:59 PM
Clearing up the confusion:

You do NOT have to be a BCAPL member to play in the 4 - US Open events. (One-Pocket, Banks, 10-Ball, 14.l). ANYBODY can play (that is why they are called ?open?). You can play in all of the events because one event is in the AM ? the other is in the PM.

So far the sign-ups are REAL slow. We are adding $5,000 per US Open event (+$100 per player over 50 players). Guaranteed $20,000 ADDED!!!! To participate in the added money, you must be a registered guest, (not booked through a 3rd party like hotel.com).

?So far we ONLY HAVE 38 total entries in all of these events. So ----- sign up and get some money!!!

Forms are here: http://www.playbca.com/Default.aspx?tabid=246. You can also sign up on site or you can fax or e-mail them in.

We have tried to explain this to everyone but there is still some confusion. The amateur events are for BCAPL members. The BCAPL amateur is $10,000 Guaranteed ADDED!!!!

THEACTIONREPORT is having 2 great matches; Danny Harriman vs John Schmidt on Nov. 8-10th. Shane van Boening vs Earl Strickland on Nov 15-17th. Go to www.theactionreport.com for more info. There is no door charge to the Qlympics, however there will a door charge for the challenge matches. There are also a dozen great exhibitors that will have some great values.

This event will not cancel. If you have any questions, please contact the BCAPL office at 702-719-7665. (www.playbca.com).

Mark Griffin

WOW! How confusing! I went to the website before and thought you had to be a member. Even going to it now is still confusing, They have the open event info with the member event info which makes for a confusing website.

Anyway thanks for the heads up! I will try to make it and take along a friend or two. Maybe its not to late to separate the info on the two events, Time to call the webmaster. Thanks again Mark!

9ball

Tim
10-17-2007, 04:13 PM
The days of the tournament are conflicting for alot of folks that work.

Scott Lee
10-17-2007, 09:46 PM
bump to the front page....

Gerry
10-18-2007, 04:35 AM
sorry for the stupidity, but is this event in KY?

Scott Lee
10-18-2007, 05:45 AM
sorry for the stupidity, but is this event in KY?

Yes...It starts Nov. 1st in Louisville, and runs for 18 days, with lots of individual and team events covering the three week period. It's where Earl is playing Shane for $20K, and John Schmidt is playing Danny Harriman some high stakes 14.1!

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

gulfportdoc
10-18-2007, 06:17 AM

Click on the Qlympics poster

bomber
10-18-2007, 06:45 AM
I would be playing but work keeps me from it.

It doesnt surprise me that the turnout is low. There is absolutely ZERO information about this tournament in the public and I LIVE IN LOUISIVLLE!!!! No posters up at the pool halls and a lot of players do not even know about the event. We dont even know when the tournament times are. Apparently one starts in the morning and one in the evening? Some people may have made arrangements to play if we KNEW that before an obscure post on AZ. I would have played in a PM event, but that is not going to happen because I didnt budget for it in time and schedule for it in time.

I sent Mark an email three or four weeks ago offering to VOLUNTEER my time to help him out in anyway that I possibly could. This was weeks ago. He replied back and asked for my phone number. Not heard from him since. Oh well, I guess he doesnt need VOLUNTEERS to help make a quality tournament...especially since the VOLUNTEER is COLLEGE EDUCATED and lives 5 MINUTES FROM THE VENUE!!!!!!!!

I was VOLUNTEERING my time to help Mr. Griffin out with anything that he needed and I have yet to hear a word from him. I would have posted some information, put up some flyers, called the newspapers...anything he wanted done. Oh well...cant say that I didnt try to help out.

I will still be supporting the tournament and will be there. I want this to work...but the advertising must be better locally if he really wants the tourney to work. There would be alot more Louisville guys playing if advertising was done properly and people knew times. That is one of the reasons that the DCC is so great!! I am still willing to VOLUNTEER my time if Mark is interested, but I cant be expected to not have a little advanced notice. I was not volunteering to feel important or whatever...I could really care less...I just wanted the event to go off well.

You must have the locals to make a tournament great. If anyone of you guys want to meet up, just holler at me.

cuechick
10-18-2007, 07:11 AM
I do hope you get a good turnout, but it does conflict with the Amateur Nationals in Atlanta. The only event I could play in is the 2nd 8 Ball event, the weekend of the 16th. But there is no way I would drive all that way and pay all that money (entry, gas, hotel & food) to play a race to 4!! :(

selftaut
10-21-2007, 08:04 AM
Louis Ulrich told me he will be attending and playing , in his words "taking a flyer" at the 14.1 US Open at the Qlympics. He says he does not practice the game but we all now know how good he plays, so it should be real interesting to watch him in this event. I hope a lot of players come out to support Marks efforts.

bignasty
10-21-2007, 08:39 PM
get there if you can! evan if its for the weekend or 1 of the pro events! this is gonna be a great tourny!:D

bigg7
10-21-2007, 11:08 PM
I am planning to attend but I wont even get to the U.S. until the 8th.I was wondering if there will be any vendors or cue makers as this will probably be my only chance to cue shop while I'm home thanks for any help you can give me.

JCIN
10-21-2007, 11:30 PM
I would be playing but work keeps me from it.

It doesnt surprise me that the turnout is low. There is absolutely ZERO information about this tournament in the public and I LIVE IN LOUISIVLLE!!!! No posters up at the pool halls and a lot of players do not even know about the event. We dont even know when the tournament times are. Apparently one starts in the morning and one in the evening? Some people may have made arrangements to play if we KNEW that before an obscure post on AZ. I would have played in a PM event, but that is not going to happen because I didnt budget for it in time and schedule for it in time.

I sent Mark an email three or four weeks ago offering to VOLUNTEER my time to help him out in anyway that I possibly could. This was weeks ago. He replied back and asked for my phone number. Not heard from him since. Oh well, I guess he doesnt need VOLUNTEERS to help make a quality tournament...especially since the VOLUNTEER is COLLEGE EDUCATED and lives 5 MINUTES FROM THE VENUE!!!!!!!!

I was VOLUNTEERING my time to help Mr. Griffin out with anything that he needed and I have yet to hear a word from him. I would have posted some information, put up some flyers, called the newspapers...anything he wanted done. Oh well...cant say that I didnt try to help out.

I will still be supporting the tournament and will be there. I want this to work...but the advertising must be better locally if he really wants the tourney to work. There would be alot more Louisville guys playing if advertising was done properly and people knew times. That is one of the reasons that the DCC is so great!! I am still willing to VOLUNTEER my time if Mark is interested, but I cant be expected to not have a little advanced notice. I was not volunteering to feel important or whatever...I could really care less...I just wanted the event to go off well.

You must have the locals to make a tournament great. If anyone of you guys want to meet up, just holler at me.
Just a suggestion.

Print out the schedule and post it in the pool room.

http://www.playbca.com/Events/Qlympics/tabid/246/Default.asp

I am pretty sure Mark would appreciate all the help he can get from everyone in promoting this. Doesn't take a lot, just hit print and take 'em to the pool room.

JCIN
10-21-2007, 11:32 PM
I am planning to attend but I wont even get to the U.S. until the 8th.I was wondering if there will be any vendors or cue makers as this will probably be my only chance to cue shop while I'm home thanks for any help you can give me.
Last I heard there will be 12 vendors there. Not sure as to how many or what kind of cue vendors. There is usually a few guys wandering around events with some pretty interesting stuff as well.

JimS
10-22-2007, 05:55 AM
Sure hope it does well.

Mark Griffin
10-25-2007, 03:13 PM
We are still getting sign-ups for the events. Sign-ups are also possible onsite.

There are over 12 vendors with everything from shirts to collectable cues.

Another Challenge match is int he works (possibly) and there is a little bit for everyone.

Hope to see you there.

Mark Griffin
www.playbca.com
702-719-7665