PDA

View Full Version : Is the Purchase for the US Open

pooljunkie4ever
10-15-2007, 06:53 PM
worth it? I debating on buying the event.

Tim-n-NM
10-15-2007, 06:57 PM
I took the leap, I'm satisfied so far. The quality is much better than a year ago.

pooljunkie4ever
10-15-2007, 06:59 PM
Is it like everything is in slow motion or real time video?

Snapshot9
10-15-2007, 07:02 PM
running entertainment vs cost analyses, I always use the movies as a barometer. Here, $7 for movie = 2 hours of entertainment normally.
$3.50 per hour.

$50 cost = whole week of US Open. If you will watch at least 14 hours of the US Open, I would say it is worth it. Say 2-4 hours per day M-F, 6-8 hours on Sat and Sunday. That would make it worth it. Even 2 hours M-F = 10 hours, and just 2 hrs on Sat and Sunday would make it worth it.

beetle
10-15-2007, 07:04 PM
Is it like everything is in slow motion or real time video?

Unfortunately there are so many variables affecting streaming quality. It took me 4 hours last night to figure out a variable I hadn't thought of. Now that those issues with Windows Media Player are resolved, I'm getting great results.

Just check the BilliardClub.net FAQ and make sure you meet all the requirements with your set up. If so, I'd definitely say it's worth it!

fasteddienc
10-15-2007, 07:11 PM
What variable did you not think of??...It took me forever to even be able to figure out how to view the archive matches. The streaming download didn't want to install. I have broadband and i'm not very satisfied but I think my computer is too cluttered with running programs for it to work well. It keeps pausing and stopping.

beetle
10-15-2007, 07:40 PM
What variable did you not think of??...It took me forever to even be able to figure out how to view the archive matches. The streaming download didn't want to install. I have broadband and i'm not very satisfied but I think my computer is too cluttered with running programs for it to work well. It keeps pausing and stopping.

The one I didn't think of was to adjust the "video acceleration" in the toolbar of Windows Media Player. The default was set to "full acceleration" which gave me a green screen instead of normal video. By turning the video acceleration to low (or off), I was able to immediately see normal video. This was not mentioned in the FAQ and I had to just spend hours trouble shooting until I found out about that feature. Apparently Windows Media Player runs in the background, even though it appears that the video is playing through the browser, so the settings do matter on that program, at least in my case.

pooljunkie4ever
10-15-2007, 08:18 PM
I did go ahead an made the purchase. Right now I am totaly satisfied.
I just watched Shane beat Ochoa, Ochoa sure did have his chances, but he couldn't captilize his oppurtunities.