PDA

View Full Version : Predator Air Jump question for the jumpers out here.

Pete
10-16-2007, 06:26 AM
Predator Air Jump question for the jumpers out here.

Hi Guys,

I looked at the design for it and was really impressed. I always wanted a longer jump cue, and low and behold they made one. So I plan on ordering mine.

Here is my question. It come standard with a phenolic tip and ferrel (I think), but has the option of a leather tip ($25 more). What is the advantage to each of these?

Pete

Greg9Ball
10-17-2007, 11:47 AM
There is no advantage to a leather wrap. The wrap is purly preference. Phenolic tips and phenolic ferrules are simply excellent for jumping.

The Predator Air Jumps are going to be very popular. We are getting 15 at the end of the month and 13 are pre-sold!

Shawn Armstrong
10-17-2007, 11:55 AM
I think he was asking about a leather TIP, Greg. There would be no benefit to jumping ability with the leather tip. It may only be there if rules didn't allow the use of a phenolic tip.

BTW, totally unoriginal idea from Predator. Pure theft if you ask me. There are two longer jump cues on the market that are worth a look. The Airtime from Stealth is a great jump cue, and I have seen one online that I'm thinking of buying. The Jester (www.jestercues.com) looks neat, and when borken down to 41" length, it's about 4 ounces. That's like shaft jumping!

McChen
10-17-2007, 02:02 PM
the leather tip might make it a little harder to get as much lift on the ball as phenolic. though some leather tips are almost as hard as phenolic. some people say they get better control with a leather tip and can do stuff like jump draws better. i have a stealth airtime, wonderful cue. has anyone around here tried the jester?

Greg9Ball
10-18-2007, 12:10 PM
Whoops! Thanks for pointing that out, Shawn! Sorry about that!

Pete
10-22-2007, 08:26 AM
Thanks guys,

I will look at the stealth as well.

pete

IRUNRAKS
10-22-2007, 09:08 AM
look into a chilton...... I can get a chalks distance over a ball...... and it works great for longer jumps that have multi balls to get over...

Chilton custom cues
flying eagle

you cant go wrong

Mike