PDA

View Full Version : Need Help With Starting A High School Program...

mnorwood
10-16-2007, 05:16 PM
In cooperation with Earl Munson I am trying to start a division of BETTER programs in Pasadena Texas and surrounding school districts. 2 years ago I approached the forum with this request and recieved a great response from a number of members. I brought the proposal to the school district I was working for at the time and they ended up telling me no.

I work with a new district now and I am an administrator. This time the district is telling me yes if I can provide a place that does not serve booze. Well that eliminates all options but one. San Jacento Community College is the only place that has the space and time to accommmodate the club, however they feel that hosting the club would put too much wear and tear on their equipment. This is where you come in. If someone out there would support our program by donating cloth, house cues, or possibly tables I think I might persuade them to let me use their room. The more help I can get maintaining and enhancing their room the more likely I can get them to say yes. So far the student response to the possibility of this program has been encouraging I hope someone can help me make this happen.

Regards,
Marcus

mnorwood
10-16-2007, 06:51 PM
:( :( bump....:( :(

olauzon
10-16-2007, 08:27 PM
i would imagine there would be someone, a room owner perhaps, with a few house sticks collecting dust, maybe even cloth. i'm not so sure about tables tho.. i'd even try hard to talk them out of the cloth wear fear.

i can send some dough for glue and tips. and get some more info up maybe.

c'mon people - it's for a good cause.