PDA

View Full Version : US open streaming video match choices...

Fatboy
10-16-2007, 06:07 PM
I dont know who is picking them but they have made some questionable choices, im watching them but when Danny starts talking about the matches on the tables that arnt on camera(which are better matches) it makes me wonder why i'm watching Peach vs. Chamat? I'm not knocking them but there are better choices,

If jimmy wytch says "slots it in" one more time I might smash my computer, who the hell uses the word "slots"? after commentating all these years. Pot, make, etc are normal words.

beetle
10-16-2007, 06:27 PM
I dont know who is picking them but they have made some questionable choices, im watching them but when Danny starts talking about the matches on the tables that arnt on camera(which are better matches) it makes me wonder why i'm watching Peach vs. Chamat? I'm not knocking them but there are better choices,

If jimmy wytch says "slots it in" one more time I might smash my computer, who the hell uses the word "slots"? after commentating all these years. Pot, make, etc are normal words.

I also can't stand reYEZZZ pronounciation Wych uses for Efren. Nobody pronounces it like that, where in the world did he pick it up? Why hasn't anyone corrected him?

As far as matchups, like Tate said, I do like to see some combinations that we don't normally get to see on TV or in finals. Fresh faces are good. This was the first time I've seen Peach play 9-ball for example. I think that the players may have the choice not to play on the TV table (at least in the early rounds) if they are so inclined.

asbani
10-16-2007, 06:28 PM
Yes Fatboy I agree with you. There are better matches out there that should of been on the TV Table to be honest. The last Earl game where he lost 11-7 to his opponent I heard it's a real good match.. But wasn't on tv :(

Fatboy
10-16-2007, 06:44 PM
the fresh faces point is well taken and a good idea, i'll stand corrected.

the video quality was better with the SVB/Cory match,

This jimmy guy is probably a nice guy and is an assett to our sport but lets let him do anything but be on the mic. it just isnt his strong suit, it's like watching me dance-its just bad. I will give him credit he has learned a bit about pool over the years but his choice of words, voice inflection, and tough on the nerves. But he is clearly smarter about pool.

how about Archer 11-0, 11-0 in this format? he must have drawn guys like me or perhaps a couple balls stronger than me-I'm weak now since Jay beat the ego out of me ;) , thats hard to do win 22 games straight.

Fatboy
10-16-2007, 06:51 PM
"broadcast quality on your computer" was just said. WTF is wrong with my new computer? why does CNN look broadcast quality? what happened to truth in advertizing? Its still better than nothing but honestly keep it real.

highrun55
10-16-2007, 08:03 PM
"broadcast quality on your computer" was just said. WTF is wrong with my new computer? why does CNN look broadcast quality? what happened to truth in advertizing? Its still better than nothing but honestly keep it real.

My stream is awesome quality and no problems yet. im very pleased.
Thank you comcast for my fast connection.

highrun55

beetle
10-16-2007, 08:23 PM
My stream is awesome quality and no problems yet. im very pleased.
Thank you comcast for my fast connection.

highrun55

The quality of The Action Report stream was much better (less pixelated). They were presumably operating on a much smaller budget too, so it's surprising that they did a better job with that. However, I still think I've gotten my money's worth with all the pool action I've seen here.

billbOK
10-17-2007, 02:27 AM
I dont know who is picking them but they have made some questionable choices, im watching them but when Danny starts talking about the matches on the tables that arnt on camera(which are better matches) it makes me wonder why i'm watching Peach vs. Chamat? I'm not knocking them but there are better choices

Sorry Fatboy but I'think that it is not a good exemple of bad programation on the TV table. These two players are very competitive in the european circuit. You surely know Marcus, but Peach is certainly not known as well in the US. He's a very strong player who have the potential to go to the top of the bracket of an event like the US Open. IMO Marcus too. EDIT : perhaps one of them will win !

ABall
10-17-2007, 02:45 AM
That Chamat vs Peach match sounds "sweet as a macadamia nut." Did it come "to a crescendo." Yeah, jimmy wytch sure does have a way with words. BTW...I quoted him for both of those interesting phrases that he comes up with; they are quite creative to say the least.

JimS
10-17-2007, 04:28 AM
Agree that Jimmy Wytch's vocal inflections contain too much contrived drama.. way too much for me. I also think that the Action Report streaming of Cory & SVB was better quality picture.

f210
10-17-2007, 06:32 AM
Well, they made a right choice in the feature match-up tonight at 9 pm US est. This match between Feijen and Corteza will be close. Who do you think will win and why?

beetle
10-17-2007, 07:07 AM
Agree that Jimmy Wytch's vocal inflections contain too much contrived drama.. way too much for me.

You nailed it. I was trying to put into words what got under my skin. Contrived drama, that's it exactly!

cashin
10-17-2007, 07:26 AM
I believe the reason some of these questionable matches are on the feature table is because Pat Fleming likes to get new videos for Accustats of players that he doesn't already have. It's gives him more to offer in the way of videos and the feature table is the only one that is taped .I dont know who is picking them but they have made some questionable choices, im watching them but when Danny starts talking about the matches on the tables that arnt on camera(which are better matches) it makes me wonder why i'm watching Peach vs. Chamat? I'm not knocking them but there are better choices,

f210
10-17-2007, 08:35 AM
Why is BCN replaying the match between Chamat and Peach from last night? I know that they have 9 am and 11 am matches today, 10/17 so why were no tv table matches shown this morning?

worriedbeef
10-17-2007, 10:06 AM
Why the hell is ther no progress bar for viewing the recorded matches?????

that's got to be the most stuypid thing i've ever seen. occasionally the stream will mess up and when i refresh the page i have to watch it all the way through again??

bloodyhell

Fatboy
10-17-2007, 10:55 AM
You nailed it. I was trying to put into words what got under my skin. Contrived drama, that's it exactly!

last night one player, i dont remember who lost 2 in a row and he said" .....Has had a total melt down this match." i think the score was 3-2 when he said that, to me losing 2 racks that earily isnt a melt down,

again i stand correct about the choices about the Streaming match choices, i have watched alot of them and for the most part they are good, for as many hours of video there is avaliable its worth the $$$ so again i stand corrected, i'm awalys open to critizism and am willing to listen to anyone, thanks gentalman.

Madcity
10-17-2007, 11:04 AM
Just me but I would prefer to pay more and have cameras on 2 or 3 more tables and have a choice or surf back and forth between them. I really don't need the commentary.