PDA

View Full Version : Adjusting Whitten case butt tubes

NaturalEnglish
10-17-2007, 06:02 PM
I got the shaft tubes adjusted fine in my Whitten case. Now Id like to adjust the butt tube lengths so I dont have to pour the butts out of the case. I use joint protectors and the butts are just a little too deep to grab. I suspect someone has an idea on how to adjust them. Best would be something that can be removed in the future if required.

Thanks in advance for ideas.

Varney Cues
10-17-2007, 07:49 PM
Id like to adjust the butt tube lengths so I dont have to pour the butts out of the case.

You can make sure to put the butts in the case with the pin sticking up. That way you can reach in, grab the pin & pull the cue out. I've had to adjust the shaft tubes in my Whitten often....but the butt tubes are always fine. Only by putting the butt in the case with the pin down would you then need to "pour" it out.;)

Pushout
10-17-2007, 08:27 PM
You can make sure to put the butts in the case with the pin sticking up. That way you can reach in, grab the pin & pull the cue out. I've had to adjust the shaft tubes in my Whitten often....but the butt tubes are always fine. Only by putting the butt in the case with the pin down would you then need to "pour" it out.;)

I was thinking this also. I have short, stubby fingers and have never had a problem pulling my butt out by the pin.

NaturalEnglish
10-17-2007, 08:39 PM
Well...like I said I use joint protectors on the butts so there is no pins to grab onto. Currently the cue I have has a uniloc joint and they are very sensitive to contamination...ie the reason for joint protectors.

I do like the wooden dowel idea. Thanks

JimS
10-18-2007, 06:38 AM
Well...like I said I use joint protectors on the butts so there is no pins to grab onto. Currently the cue I have has a uniloc joint and they are very sensitive to contamination...ie the reason for joint protectors.

I do like the wooden dowel idea. Thanks

Maybe glue some foam to the end of the dowel to make sure the butt is protected?

Patrick Johnson
10-18-2007, 06:42 AM
My Whitten came with several pieces of cylindrical-shaped rubber that could be cut to the needed size and simply dropped into the bottoms of the tubes. Works great for all different lengths of butts and shafts, easily removable/resizable, and gives some shock protection.

Whitten Custom Cue Cases
(813)472-9305 (Phone & Fax)
joe@whittencases.com

pj
chgo

Jack Justis
10-18-2007, 06:43 AM
Maybe glue some foam to the end of the dowel to make sure the butt is protected?

Thats what the rubber bumper on the butt is for, right?

NaturalEnglish
10-18-2007, 07:31 AM
I ended up using a couple of caps off of a water bottle! haha. Lite weight and just the right length. The trick was to get them down the holes in the correct orientation. After 2 failed attempts...I ended up cutting a small X in the top of each cap so the tool supplied by Whitten would poke into the X and hold it. Then down the tubes and a little twist to release it. Bingo...problem solved. Not adjustable length..but seems to work for my butts.

cheers