PDA

View Full Version : one hole question????????

SPINDOKTOR
10-17-2007, 10:24 PM
I was playing my friend and cuz one hole tonight, when this happened,

http://CueTable.com/P/?@3AALW4BCYB3CCpA4DCYe4EFCe3FCxe4GBKP3HAMB3IAUe3JF bd4KDnP3LBjP3MEMO4NBJl3OBal1PYDL3eFbd3eaUh1kYDL4kE cr4kJCE4kNbB4kSwn4kWXc4kYTb4kaiU4kaaV4kaRa4kYcj2qQ tFBreaking_one_pocket,_on_accident,_using_low_righ t_spin,_I_made_the_10_ball_in_this_diagram_on_the_ break,_I_proceeded_to_run_out_score_8-0_&ZZ1uCUN@

not sure if this is legal, but great day what a break, forgetabout saftey, this is the first time I have EVER made a ball in my pocket on the break, so im pretty excited, Im not sure about the rules tho... Im totaly hooked, I didnt want to play because I didnt think it was possibly to break and run out, one hole.. apparently I was wrong..!

SPINDOKTOR.

Franky
10-17-2007, 10:31 PM
The break is just another shot in one pocket, so feel free to run em out. The standard break also drops the corner ball every so often. Keep it up.

asn130
10-17-2007, 10:33 PM
if you broke from below the headstring, then it's a foul & the ball spots & you owe a ball. (in your diagram it's below the headstring)

I assume you meant to put the cueball behind the headstring, in which case, you made a good shot..

i'd be interested to know how the balls were laying after the breakshot. Because if you hadn't made a ball on the break, i'm pretty sure it was a sell out break.

you can also make the corner ball sometimes by using the traditional one pocket break. (4-5in from side rail. high inside english. clipping 1st & 2nd ball)

but the reason why most people use a traditional break isn't so they can win on the break (by making a ball) It's so they don't LOSE on the break.

my $.02

Fast Lenny
10-17-2007, 10:41 PM
I have made balls here and there but its a fluke deal,i want to see someone do it consistantly.:cool:

SPINDOKTOR
10-17-2007, 10:59 PM
Yes the cue ball was behind the headstring, and yes if I had not made the 10 ball I might have been in trouble, I hadnt really considered pocketing a ball on the break before, then again I rarely play one hole. What a great game.

I had 3 open shots behind the rack, the cue ball, drawing off the rack, it hit the rail a went towards the headstring, leaving me with some grand opening shots, 3 more on my side of the table, I had to break one cluster but really it was a rack I never dreamed of.. I'll try to use the diagram to duplicate the layout..

SPINDOKTOR