PDA

View Full Version : Home table options

Bassmaster
10-18-2007, 12:18 AM
Finishing up my Pool room this week should be done by friday. I already have a 9ft Robertson taken out of an local pool hall thats not set up yet. We'll now that the place looks so pretty Im wanting to upgrade the Table. Always wanted a Diamond and found and older one at a good price. Well the wife would like a more decrative furniture looking table to go better with the room. I was wondering do the fancy brunswicks or ball and claw type table play the same as say regular Gold crowns/diamonds. Or do most decrative tables only look better for decoration? They sure do cost as much as say the tournament type tables.

JimS
10-18-2007, 06:13 AM
I think a quality furniture type table will play just fine, especially if you get it set up by a quality mechanic. You could always have the pockets resized if you want it to be a difficult table. Double shims make it play "funny" but you could have the cushions lengthened so the pockets are tighter... if that's what you want. I didn't llike the narrow rails on my furniture table so you might want to pay attention to that detail as well.

Edit: I'm no expert. I'm just a guy that had a furniture table but just had to have a Diamond. :)

My furniture table played fine except for the big pocket openings and the narrow rails. Need 1" slate and high quality rubber. Maybe a thread in the table mechanic forum will get more quality results than my amatuer opinion.

JG-in-KY
10-18-2007, 05:30 PM
Bassmaster, this is where you have to make a stand! I have had this same battle before (I won). Get the Diamond or Gold Crown. If you get the furniture style, you will always wish you had got what you wanted.