PDA

View Full Version : racking for break

berlowmj
10-18-2007, 01:44 AM
When I find a table with a spot, the placement of the dent sometimes settles the head ball forward of the spot & sometimes in the rear portion of the spot. Which placement is preferable for a good break?

My break is ranging from brilliant to mediocre on various tables as I fall victim to the luck of the dent placement. Many of these spots are in really rough shape.

Incidentally, lengthening my bridge along with follow through, of course, has dramatically increased my power.

As always, I am deeply indebted to your consistently sage & generous advice.

Snapshot9
10-18-2007, 04:02 AM
on HOW you break! There are no magical 1 cure-alls in Pool, and the break is the perfect example of that. The break is dependent on many factors, and the destination is only reached if you read the signs in the road along the way.

berlowmj
10-18-2007, 07:19 AM
on HOW you break! There are no magical 1 cure-alls in Pool, and the break is the perfect example of that. The break is dependent on many factors, and the destination is only reached if you read the signs in the road along the way.

In advice on reading the rack, I have heard & read that opponents can sabotage you by placing the headball forward on the spot & others say in the rear of the spot. In practice, I not sure if I am sabotaging myself.

berlowmj
10-18-2007, 07:22 AM
"how I break" I am right handed & break from the left rail aiming for the 2nd ball on the 8-ball break..