PDA

View Full Version : Corey Deuel vs Shannon Daulton

Thecoats
10-19-2007, 05:08 AM
What was up with that match it took nearly three hours and they could never agree on the rack and they both took several breaks. Shannon appeared to be rather chippy during the match, is there some history between these two that I am not aware of? I do know that Shannon was not real crazy about Corey putting the 8-ball break on him in the World One Pocket tourname several years ago, but I would not think that there would be any bad blood over that.

Just Curious.

-don

Ktown D
10-19-2007, 05:26 AM
What was up with that match it took nearly three hours and they could never agree on the rack and they both took several breaks. Shannon appeared to be rather chippy during the match, is there some history between these two that I am not aware of? I do know that Shannon was not real crazy about Corey putting the 8-ball break on him in the World One Pocket tourname several years ago, but I would not think that there would be any bad blood over that.

Just Curious.
-don
They are OK, Shannon just wanted to win. He was going to treat it like he wanted to win instead of playing grabass. He tried to take his break when it would let CD stew a little about a mistake but it wasn't like they were arguing.

What took so long was the back and forth over the rack. Shannon wanted to make sure the balls were right to eliminate the dead ball. The table was not breaking well with the hard break and that was Shannon's undoing. He wouldn't change up and use the cut break and it cost him IMO. He was up 10-9 breaking and slammed the rack and came up dry.

Corey won that match because he found a sweet spot on the break during that run of 8 games he went on. He continually had the cueball and 1 ball downtable or made the one in the side and got on the 2. If SD would have took a little off I think he would have had much better luck. Unfortunately, it is hard to tell a man that is nicknamed "The Cannon" to back off on his break.

Mike Templeton
10-19-2007, 05:33 AM
I think Corey is the best at finding and effectively using the best breaking location that the table offers during a match.

I would loved to have seen SD take that match off, though.

Mike

Ktown D
10-19-2007, 05:43 AM
I would loved to have seen SD take that match off, though.

Mike
I talked to Shannon right before the match last night and I really thought hewas gonna get there. His attitude sounded good and he was very confident. I hated to see him come up short like he did.

BTW- Mike, I was on the phone w/ Russ for the last 1/2 hr of the match giving him the blow by blow. I am going to apply for the commentary position next year when Diliberto turns 100.

gpeezy
10-19-2007, 05:55 AM
I thought he was already 100

Mike Templeton
10-19-2007, 06:13 AM
I talked to Shannon right before the match last night and I really thought hewas gonna get there. His attitude sounded good and he was very confident. I hated to see him come up short like he did.

BTW- Mike, I was on the phone w/ Russ for the last 1/2 hr of the match giving him the blow by blow. I am going to apply for the commentary position next year when Diliberto turns 100.
Tell Pat Fleming that I will buy any DVD where he uses you as a commentator. I'll check with Russ on your broadcasting abilities next time I talk with him :) .

Mike

Williebetmore
10-19-2007, 09:04 AM
I am going to apply for the commentary position next year when Diliberto turns 100.

KD,
You'd better wait until Danny D. retires voluntarily. At 100 he probably can still kick your ass (you are probably at least even money when he's 110).

Ktown D
10-19-2007, 09:07 AM
KD,
You'd better wait until Danny D. retires voluntarily. At 100 he probably can still kick your ass (you are probably at least even money when he's 110).
You know the saying, opinions are like...........;)