PDA

View Full Version : If you can pick a winner.......

gpeezy
10-19-2007, 06:04 AM
If you can pick a winner my hats off to you. The winners wide of the Open is stacked to the gills. Of course its expected in that type of tournament but its gonne be tough for anyone thinking of coing throught the loser side. I am gonna pick Johnny to win it. JMO

Mike Templeton
10-19-2007, 06:15 AM
Hey George,

I think the Top Gun right now would have to be Shane Van B. He seems to be comfortable and cruising through his matches. Plus I heard he gave God the 8 and the last 2 a week or so ago and beat him out of $2800. That's pretty strong.

Mike

iba7467
10-19-2007, 06:17 AM
Louis Ulrich to at least round out the top 4.

Archer strong to win it. VB fall 2 spots short.

Purdman
10-19-2007, 06:19 AM
You have the Cream of the Crop in there now. I wouldn't want any part of a bet at this point.
Purd :rolleyes:

f210
10-19-2007, 06:32 AM
I would not count out Ronnie Alcano and Dennis Orcullo. Lee Van Corteza is also a threat if he prevails over Efren Reyes in the loser's side, assuming that they both win their next matches.

jsp
10-19-2007, 07:30 AM
Dark Horse: Warren Kiamco

Though, I really want Parica to win this one. He just might do it, with his win over Django.

rocky
10-19-2007, 11:48 AM
My picks would have to be Dennis or Shane. I had the privilege of watching both of them this year and playing with Dennis myself in Vegas. Both are shooting lights out.

jnav447
10-19-2007, 11:53 AM
After watching Alcano and Souquet, I would put these 2 as favorites because of their strong play under extreme pressure and both are breaking great. My sentimental pick is Louis Ulrich, who is playing great and seems like a terrific guy. Go Louis (and Go Gators tomorrow!).

9balllvr
10-19-2007, 02:39 PM
Louis Ulrich to at least round out the top 4.

Archer strong to win it. VB fall 2 spots short.
after i just saw Archer down in his match to Rabon and struggling, i don't think he will make it, but he has done it all before the hard way. i have to go with Alcano or Shane VanB - they look way too good.

derekdisco
10-19-2007, 03:17 PM
Mike davis, lee van, or jose

sjm
10-19-2007, 03:20 PM
Reproduced from another thread because I think it would be better here:

Winner's side
Ulrich has the easiest assignment to get to the winner's bracket semisin Mikari. The other three winner's bracket quarterfinals are almost coin tosses. Souquet vs Orcullo, a battle of superstars, wow! Parica vs Alcano, up for grabs. Before we write off Jose, let's remember that Parica got to the winners bracket semis at the 2007 BCA Open and gave eventual champion Orcullo a very tough match. Deuel, a former US Open champion vs Van Boening, who might well be ready to claim his first. Should be a beauty. Claiming the hot seat is a very tall order, and though I can imagine all but Mikari doing so, I'm guessing it will be claimed by either Alcano or Van Boening.

Losers side
Two of the last three in the event will come form the winners side, and the third will likely be either Immonen, Archer, Feijen or Reyes, any of whom would likely have to beat to superstars back-to-back to snap off the title. If Walden, Nevel, Kiamco or Gallego won the title, I'd call it a major shocker.

My odds to win the US Open:

Alcano 7/2
Van Boening 7/2
Orcullo 4/1
Souquet 6/1
Deuel 7/1
Ulrich 8/1
Parica 20/1
Mikari 75/1,
None of the above 5/1

pwd72s
10-19-2007, 06:45 PM
I just hope none of the officials have moved over from the NBA...