PDA

View Full Version : my eyes,

Fatboy
11-29-2007, 07:44 AM
thanks for all the PM's and calls, that's huge for me, believe me, it means more than most people think,

i went ot UCLA yesterday, i had only slept about 12 hours in 3 days and was so tired i couldnt stand it, I met with the Dr. who is a GREAT guy, scary smart, and he looked at everything, the drops I have been using, and liked what I had done and wants to see me on friday then Wed, he said that it could take upto 12 weeks to clear up, I told him that my right eye responded good and my vision in it is about normal and there has been good improvment in my left eye, he replyed with the standard reply "time will tell" however I do know I'm responding well to the drug-its strong stuff, I can almost read the computer screen with my left eye now, finally i caught a break with a medical thing....i think.

I havent tried to play yet, i need to, I'm gonna play in Reno and I want to win one match, I dunno????:confused: :confused: Like Rude Dog said "I'm gonna go down swinging" I have to be back Wed to see him so if I do win I will have to forfeit the next match but thats cool, I have a feling I'll play good, dont know why I just do, kinda that nervious energy because I need to show myself that the eye thing WONT hold me back.

It is still uncomfortable, I just need 3 hours to play before Reno and I'll be where I need to be, I'm a strange player, I can go for weeks and not play nad come back strong or be playing alot and come out weak, my hights and lows are bigger than any other player I have ever seen.

Who would have thought a coldsore on an eyeball? and it could be over with. man its a wake-up call, for what i'm not sure but it will come to me.

Again thanks to everyone for there support, the pool world is tough and cold sometimes, we say things out of line occasionally etc. but at the end of the day were all in it together, I didnt choose pool, it chose me-I'll tell that story sometime.

hangemhigh
11-29-2007, 07:58 AM
There is nothing better for recovery than getting out and mixing it up a little. Think of Newman at the end of COM,breaking and saying with a smile in his face"I'M Back".Glad to hear you will be fine.

Rick S.
11-29-2007, 08:01 AM
Glad to see you doing better!

Eye problems is about as bad as it gets. Annoying as hell, and painful. You don't realize it till something bad happens. (kinda like your ass. It seems your whole body is connected to the injury!)

Take care of yourself, and don't try to rush things!

Rick S.

Stones
11-29-2007, 08:14 AM
Great news, bud!

Keep us updated on your improvement!

Don't let Jay jack the bet on you unless he plays with glauze patches over both of his eyes. LOL

Stones

!Smorgass Bored
11-29-2007, 08:18 AM
I'm glad to hear that you're OK, but it sounds as if you're in urgent need of some Super Glue and some duct tape....
Doug
( and an asprin and some Dom Perignon ) :)

Fatboy
11-29-2007, 08:51 AM
There is nothing better for recovery than getting out and mixing it up a little. Think of Newman at the end of COM,breaking and saying with a smile in his face"I'M Back".Glad to hear you will be fine.

i'm not out of the woods yet, thanks

9ballrun
11-29-2007, 08:58 AM
glad to hear that your doing better and best of luck to putting this behind you. Good luck in Reno, I have a feeling that you are going to do better than you think you can.

worldison2
11-29-2007, 09:05 AM
I'm glad to hear that you're OK, but it sounds as if you're in urgent need of some Super Glue and some duct tape....
Doug
( and an asprin and some Dom Perignon ) :)

*Needed: A good definition for 'Posterbation'.

Posterbation:
- Excessive posting, especially when done alone after drinking.. possibly harmful to eyes. (A la Walt Frazier)
- Posting with one hand on the keyboard.:eek: (also harmful to the eyes)

Scaramouche
11-29-2007, 12:09 PM
Ok Fatboy, here is your eye test

pwd72s
11-29-2007, 01:15 PM
This is good news...thanks for the update.