PDA

View Full Version : DCC BANNER.....Sample of Simonis Tournament Blue

sizl
11-29-2007, 05:39 PM
Well guys and gals I am fixing to start production on the banners for the AZBILLIARDS/1POCKET.ORG room for the DCC.
Per request by Mr. WillieBetmore and Steve Booth one of the colors that will be implemented into the banners will be Simonis Tournament Blue.

In order for us to achieve the accurate color of the cloth we need to do a color match.
That being said, I was wondering if ANYONE had a small sample (3"x3" will suffice) of the STB cloth?

I might be able to go to a local supplier around here to obtain a sample, but I thought I would check here to save me the grief just in case the owner is "TIGHT".:cool: :eek:

Thanks in advance.
Todd

sizl
11-30-2007, 07:31 AM
morning bump.........

JCIN
11-30-2007, 07:49 AM
Here is a pic from the Simonis site. I have a ton of bigger ones from events if you want it. If you just want the color its close enough for a banner IMO. If you want a bigger pic let me know.

MOJOE
11-30-2007, 08:14 AM
I have a piece from recently recovering my table. I can send it to you if you would like me to. Send me the address and I'll get it out.

JBK

sizl
11-30-2007, 08:53 AM
Here is a pic from the Simonis site. I have a ton of bigger ones from events if you want it. If you just want the color its close enough for a banner IMO. If you want a bigger pic let me know.

Thanks Justin. I found that off of the Simonis website, but we have a "laser-eye" that can match samples, therefore I would really like to get a "swatch " of cloth for a more accurate match of the color.
Thanks again, not for just the info, but for all you guys do at TAC!

I have a piece from recently recovering my table. I can send it to you if you would like me to. Send me the address and I'll get it out.

JBK

PM sent Joe. Thanks!

JCIN
11-30-2007, 08:59 AM
Thanks Justin. I found that off of the Simonis website, but we have a "laser-eye" that can match samples, therefore I would really like to get a "swatch " of cloth for a more accurate match of the color.
Thanks again, not for just the info, but for all you guys do at TAC!

PM sent Joe. Thanks!
Laser eye? Sweet. I just kinda look and say "It's blue...not that blue..uh huh that ain't it....nope...uh huh. Hell with it make it black." :D

Until I got into photography I never realized how big of pain in the butt it is to get a color exactly right. I usually end up with the "Good enough for goverment work" outlook. I plan on learning more so I can graduate from hack to amatuer :)

Good luck with the search I look forward to seeing your work in January.

Williebetmore
11-30-2007, 09:10 AM
Laser eye? Sweet. I just kinda look and say "It's blue...not that blue..uh huh that ain't it....nope...uh huh. Hell with it make it black." :D

Until I got into photography I never realized how big of pain in the butt it is to get a color exactly right. I usually end up with the "Good enough for goverment work" outlook. I plan on learning more so I can graduate from hack to amatuer :)

Good luck with the search I look forward to seeing your work in January.

JC,
Hey, what kind of show do you think we are running here???? Any colors used on an AZB banner MUST be laser matched, then tested by an extensive panel of color experts. We insist on the best for our members (errr.....unless it cuts into our beer money.....on second thought maybe sizle should just get a big piece of paper and a box of crayons for the banner).

JCIN
11-30-2007, 09:23 AM
JC,
Hey, what kind of show do you think we are running here???? Any colors used on an AZB banner MUST be laser matched, then tested by an extensive panel of color experts. We insist on the best for our members (errr.....unless it cuts into our beer money.....on second thought maybe sizle should just get a big piece of paper and a box of crayons for the banner).
LOL..What was I thinking. The Action Report will donate some T-Shirts and a copy of the Action Challenge 1 DVD set to the cause. If you need 'em before the Derby let me know otherwise I will just give 'em to you there.