PDA

View Full Version : Mary Rakin #7 AzB player list

RunoutalloverU
11-30-2007, 07:31 AM
How is it possible that she is above Ronnie Alcano and Francisco Bustamante on any list? How do they determine this list? It can't be because she is in the final four of one amatuer tourney!

WINTHEDAY14
11-30-2007, 07:51 AM
I agree that the ranking system that azbilliards has is crap, but mary is a good player none the less.

RunoutalloverU
11-30-2007, 07:56 AM
I agree that the ranking system that azbilliards has is crap, but mary is a good player none the less.

Oh yeah, taking nothing away from her, im sure she can play, its just dude seriously......above Alcano? Lol.

lodini
11-30-2007, 08:07 AM
How is it possible that she is above Ronnie Alcano and Francisco Bustamante on any list? How do they determine this list? It can't be because she is in the final four of one amatuer tourney!

I would venture to say (not that I know for sure!) that the rankings are very much like the BCS, where the one ranked #1 is not necessary better than the ones below it... "What have you done for me lately?"... only to do with the very now and present day. That's why when someone wins something big one week, they move up quick. Not an overall view of pool in general.

kryptonite9
11-30-2007, 08:15 AM
I think this has been stated here before. The AzB rank is based on the number of internet hits on the AZ profile for a player. I am sure Mary's exposure due to winning last years juniors as well as her continued success this year has people looking at her profile.

The list has nothing to do with playing ability or world rank.
Last year Steve Mizerak was in the top 20 on that list.

Hope this helps.:)

RunoutalloverU
11-30-2007, 08:23 AM
Yep thanks.

lodini
11-30-2007, 08:26 AM
I think this has been stated here before. The AzB rank is based on the number of internet hits on the AZ profile for a player. I am sure Mary's exposure due to winning last years juniors as well as her continued success this year has people looking at her profile.

The list has nothing to do with playing ability or world rank.
Last year Steve Mizerak was in the top 20 on that list.

Hope this helps.:)

I stand corrected! Thanks! :-)

Johnnyt
11-30-2007, 08:48 AM
Rankin won 9-2. Johnnyt