PDA

View Full Version : Silly stuff

Terry Ardeno
11-30-2007, 10:19 AM
This is something that is meant to provoke some laughs, it's not a serious thread. What are some of the sillier or funny things you do or have seen pool related? I'm hoping my pals will also chime in with their funny stuff.
BTW, the inspiration for this thread goes to Tim for the Beaver pic & Blackjack for the fireplace pic in the Travis Trotter thread.

For example, after I've won (see what happens after a loss later), if I'm out in a car with my family or friends, I wind the window down and I do a real slow and deliberate "papal wave" while glancing around. Whoever was with me would ask "What are you doing?" And I'de say "I'm waving to all my fans." (Not many wave back:D ) Every once in a while, I'll still do that and my wife pretends like she doesn't see me and just keeps on talking.:confused:

When kids come over to play, if one of them scratches, I'll take whitey up out of the pocket and get real close to it and say "Listen, I raised you from a marble! Is that anyway to act in front of kids!" That is copied, the first and this next one are original copyrighted material of my own.

I've been shooting longer than most all of my friends and who I shoot with, and I also practice the most and devour the Accu-Stats like they're a Zapruder film. So I should win most of my match ups around here. When I do lose a match up, I'll wait a day or so and call the guy up and say "We have to talk. I feel real bad about something. When we played the other day, and you won...well, I lost on purpose. I wasn't really trying. I always win, and I felt sorry for you, so I dumped a set. And I thought you could tell and was waiting for me to 'fess up. Still pals?" (The seed is now planted in their head that maybe I DID lose on purpose & they really didn't beat me:D )

Even when I post here, I like to have some laughs. I can tell these tales because nobody else in my sphere of pool pals around here ever reads this stuff. They have no idea what they're missing. I for one really enjoy visiting our fourums. You guys make me laugh every day. :)

s'portplayer
11-30-2007, 10:29 AM
Terry, the people who use a MASSIVE AMOUNT of body english, just crack me up. I'm guilty on occassion and I'm sure most people are from time to time.

One of my teammates does it on quite a few of his shots, ESPECIALLY the tight shots. He will run around the table, bend and catort, fall on his knees, and OH MY GOSH, talk to the OB likes it's some woman he's flirting with; CMON BABY, SWEETHEART, etc... it's hilarious.

:p :p :p

Jeffery

ScottW
11-30-2007, 10:32 AM
One goofy thing I do, no matter if I'm at the table or my opponent is - if the cue ball is rolling toward a pocket, slowly but just enough speed to scratch - I tend to deepen my voice and say "NOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooo" real slowly, sorta like in the movies when something bad is about to happen and the hero yells "NOOO!" but the speed of the film is slowed waaay down, hence the voice is drawn out and sounds deeper. :P

tigerallenyim
11-30-2007, 10:44 AM
Whenever my teammates or myself see the CB getting close to scratching in a pocket, I yell, "No Whammies, No Whammies,No Whammies... STOP!" For some reason, it doesn't work in the game of Pool.

tigerallenyim
11-30-2007, 10:49 AM
Even when I post here, I like to have some laughs. I can tell these tales because nobody else in my sphere of pool pals around here ever reads this stuff. They have no idea what they're missing. I for one really enjoy visiting our fourums. You guys make me laugh every day. :)
I agree. When i tell people i've had some help from the AZ'ers, i get a response like, "What?". Not to say that they're less intelligent, just surprise as good as players I meet, that they have not heard of AZB. I enjoy going on this forums for kicks and knowledge.

Snoogi
11-30-2007, 10:50 AM
I first got my table some years back, relatives came over for open-table ceremony, couple of kids around. I broke a rack, immediately zoomed in checked on the cue tip because I forgotten that was my play cue. The little girl fished out the ball and said "so lousy, only one ball in, yellow color number 6"..

I almost dropped my cue, :eek: yellow color number 6 ?!

(No big deal..I can always play green color number 9)

Tim5000
11-30-2007, 11:01 AM
lol, the yellow 6 ball!

arsenius
11-30-2007, 11:06 AM
I agree. When i tell people i've had some help from the AZ'ers, i get a response like, "What?". Not to say that they're less intelligent, just surprise as good as players I meet, that they have not heard of AZB. I enjoy going on this forums for kicks and knowledge.
Isn't it weird how when something becomes important to you, you forget that everyone else doesn't feel the same way? And pool (one would think) is a relatively small subculture. So everyone should know about this site...but they don't...

AZB, wtf are you talking about? :)

Tommy Tube Sock
11-30-2007, 11:23 AM
But some of my team mates and opponents probably are:

Scratch on the break in 8 ball - "I guess I have white ones"

Someone flukes in a 3 rail slop shot - "Nice shot but I would have tried it straight in"

After a friend sinks the game ball - "No good, you didn't mark the pocket"

After a friend plays a great safety, I'll take a long look and then call "push" Sometimes this will confuse an opponent after a few beers and it takes them a while to say "hey, wait a minute."

If I scratch while the opponent is in the bath room or otherwise away from the table, I'll rest the ball on the rail or on top of a piece of chalk, when they return and go to grab the ball, I'll say, nope it landed there, play it as it lies.

Pretty dumb huh?

Tommy Tube Sock
11-30-2007, 11:26 AM
When playing 9 ball, I'll ask, "I have stripes, right?" this also almost works later in the evening.