PDA

View Full Version : Adam cue

brilliance
11-30-2007, 10:39 PM
Any expirience with Adam cues?

I found one that cost only $100, it look awesome!

manwon
11-30-2007, 10:42 PM
Any expirience with Adam cues?

I found one that cost only $100, it look awesome!

They are great cues for a beginer, and the price is hard to beat also.

David Beck
11-30-2007, 11:09 PM
Yep. Good cues, great price. I've been playing with one for about 9 months now. Though I do have a Schmelke on the way. Btw, anyone know how to pronounce that? :p

pulzcul
11-30-2007, 11:16 PM
Yep. Good cues, great price. I've been playing with one for about 9 months now. Though I do have a Schmelke on the way. Btw, anyone know how to pronounce that? :p
Shmellkee:)

SPINDOKTOR
11-30-2007, 11:28 PM
They are great cues for a beginer, and the price is hard to beat also.

Same cues as Helmstetter, Balabushka..

Adams also has a hit on thier hands IMHO with the new Classic series, those replica's are way cool, and economicaly priced... its just to bad they are made overseas, but then again id hate to think what some of those cues would cost if they were made by hmm, Joss? Viking? McDermott? Id suspect they would be in the thousands..

SPINDOKTOR

crazy8
11-30-2007, 11:29 PM
Sh-mel-key

Varney Cues
12-01-2007, 12:21 AM
Look in the new Mueller catalog at the Adam Southwest copies. While I haven't held one in my hands yet...they look very sporty in the pics. Except for the Lion logo on the forearm. I'm sure Ryan at Rat cues can fill us in on the quality.:)

David Beck
12-01-2007, 12:35 AM
Look in the new Mueller catalog at the Adam Southwest copies. While I haven't held one in my hands yet...they look very sporty in the pics. Except for the Lion logo on the forearm. I'm sure Ryan at Rat cues can fill us in on the quality.:)

They do look pretty sporty. Page 40 if anyone's wondering.

David Beck
12-01-2007, 12:37 AM
Shmellkee:)

Thanks. I'm going to hate when people ask me what kind of cue it is.

SPINDOKTOR
12-01-2007, 12:47 AM

# AA-3 is my favorite out of the Southwest copies, also look at AH-12, what would it cost to have something like that custom made? Id bet more than 352$ That cue is awsome...

SPINDOKTOR

David Beck
12-01-2007, 12:52 AM
I'll take AA-2.

brilliance
12-02-2007, 10:09 PM
This is the one I am looking for:

http://img.askabilliards.com/adam/cues/adamad4w.jpg

David Beck
12-02-2007, 10:16 PM
That's the AD-4. Same one I have. Though the one in the picture looks to be made especially for photos.

smokeandapancak
12-02-2007, 11:37 PM
Admas is on point.............overseas schoverseas.........My main player is a old special edition (Stanley West) made my Adam in Japan for the European market.... wonderful cue..

JohnPT
12-02-2007, 11:59 PM
i believe that model is made in China and the more expensive classic series are made in Japan. if these were made in USA it would have rounded points just like all American production cues.

oldroller
12-03-2007, 06:15 AM
Did they make any cues without the LOGO
Thanks

smokeandapancak
12-03-2007, 06:55 AM
Sure..... though most current models have some type of logo.. be it a Bushka or a Helmstetter "signature"...

ratcues
12-03-2007, 08:07 AM

I've been impressed with the quality of these cues. I think they are great for the money. I believe they are made in Japan and not China.

Paul Mon
12-03-2007, 08:20 AM
Did they make any cues without the LOGO
Thanks

I have an Adams cue that I bought new in 1976, model AA-24. No LOGO on this cue.

smokeandapancak
12-03-2007, 08:29 AM
Plus, they have the opition to order custom cues directly from them....

Pick out everything...points, woods, splices,veneers, you name it... pay them 50% and get the cue in 5-6 months....

Shane <------Adam fan

smokeandapancak
12-03-2007, 08:31 AM
I think the Southwest copies are called the Advanced Line.....might be wrong...

Mike Morgan is the guy behind those designs, BTW

cyrex
12-03-2007, 07:24 PM
I didn't even see that Adam was doing the SW style. I like that A-2. Pretty sporty. Be sweet with a Ryan leather wrap. Like as an X-Mas gift. *Uhem*

stick8
12-03-2007, 09:58 PM
I shot with one for about4 yr, good cue for the money!!!! :confused: :confused: :confused:

Secaucus Fats
12-03-2007, 11:22 PM
Same cues as Helmstetter, Balabushka..

Adams also has a hit on thier hands IMHO with the new Classic series, those replica's are way cool, and economicaly priced... its just to bad they are made overseas, but then again id hate to think what some of those cues would cost if they were made by hmm, Joss? Viking? McDermott? Id suspect they would be in the thousands..

SPINDOKTOR

The Classic series cues are made in Japan. I suspect that quality control is far more stringent in Japan than China.

I love the old school look.

Fats

brhawk
12-05-2007, 05:45 AM
I bought one several years ago and the wrap came loose. I sent it back to where I bought it and they said they was sending back to the manufacture. I had it about 6 months and they would stand behind it and make the repairs. I wound up having to pay to have it re-wrapped. As far as I am concerned I will never buy another one.