PDA

View Full Version : buying simonis 760

seanjonsean
12-01-2007, 09:02 AM
hopefully by wed it should be here my dealer asked me if i wanted 860 or 760 , i chose 760 cuz of the more games that id would like to play ,does anyone have a prefrence? what do u like or prefer? the color is tourn blue , i thought the electric blue might be too strong on the eyes but i couldnt tell from the small sample on puter, i will be installing myself i have installed the cheapy cloth , i hope it goes smoothly...

selftaut
12-01-2007, 09:09 AM
The 760 is noticably faster, great for straight pool!

seanjonsean
12-01-2007, 09:59 AM
thanxz selftaut , i feel i made the right choice, now my next purchase wil be aramith balls or centenials...

pulzcul
12-01-2007, 10:04 AM
Yes it's faster but won't last as long. Its a 2 weave and 860 is a 4 weave.Thats why most rooms use 860.But if your just after performance 760 will spoil you. I really like the tournament blue color.I can see the balls much better.Your gonna have alot of fun. Don:cool:

Jeffrey Gale
12-01-2007, 10:08 AM
I just put it on my table, and WOW, what a difference between the 860 and the 760, the balls don't stop rolling on the 760, really fast, some times I think to fast at times.

seanjonsean
12-01-2007, 01:30 PM
now that u mentioned longetivity should i worry?its basically me playing on it and only wen fam gets together we play ,will i still get years of play ? i practice minimum 2 hours and max 8 hours a day on weekeds and that varys .....

selftaut
12-01-2007, 03:06 PM
now that u mentioned longetivity should i worry?its basically me playing on it and only wen fam gets together we play ,will i still get years of play ? i practice minimum 2 hours and max 8 hours a day on weekeds and that varys .....

You will get a long time out of it on a home table. Keep it clean and your good to go.

3andstop
12-01-2007, 03:08 PM
I have 760 on my table and I love it. I enjoy straight pool the most and it is very nice. I honestly think it forces touch in your game since very little differences in your speed and english can get you out of line quickly. This is also very noticable playing one pocket.

If I had to do it again I'd be very happy with the 760 although I would be curious how some very tightly pulled 860 would play also.

seanjonsean
12-01-2007, 07:37 PM
what improvements might i see?better cue ball control? how should i clean or maintain?

seanjonsean
12-08-2007, 08:00 AM
just got it yesterday and the dealer was nice enough to loan me a dvd on how to install cloth,but im waituing till sunday cuz i have a bad cold, i hate waiting!!!!!!!

seanjonsean
12-09-2007, 09:51 PM
well sunday morning and im feeling better ,i took my time and had girlfriend help me with cloth between eating and this and that i think it took bout 2 .1/2 hours , the only problem were the pockets but it all worked out, then we were done and time to play and man wat a diffrence the speed is awesome the banks the kicks oh and the draws are kewlllllll, i highly advocate a good cloth its a must if u want to improve , now im just worried whats gonna happen wen i play on a crappy table??? im very pleased with it....:) :D :) :D

CaptiveBred
12-09-2007, 10:09 PM
I always stayed away from 760 cause I was afraid, and rightfully so, that I would never see it outside my home. I try to keep my home equiptment close to pool hall tables so I will have to adjest less. Same goes for the new rubber I put on. I really wanted to get the fast speed but I opted for the medium...

As far as balls go. Centenials and Arimith are made by the same company. Centenials cost more and are, supposedly, not machined as well... At least JoeRackem has that in one of his Ebay ads for the Super Arimith Pro sets...

Also, be prepaired for the table to change on you. New cloth always plays different for the first week or so. Skids on the second rail are real obvious. Draw shots are alot easier. And balls that should not fall tend to... Once it all settles in you will get a feel for what you are workingt with... The rail skid is the only real problem with new cloth...

Jaden
12-09-2007, 10:20 PM
I always stayed away from 760 cause I was afraid, and rightfully so, that I would never see it outside my home. I try to keep my home equiptment close to pool hall tables so I will have to adjest less. Same goes for the new rubber I put on. I really wanted to get the fast speed but I opted for the medium...

As far as balls go. Centenials and Arimith are made by the same company. Centenials cost more and are, supposedly, not machined as well... At least JoeRackem has that in one of his Ebay ads for the Super Arimith Pro sets...

Also, be prepaired for the table to change on you. New cloth always plays different for the first week or so. Skids on the second rail are real obvious. Draw shots are alot easier. And balls that should not fall tend to... Once it all settles in you will get a feel for what you are workingt with... The rail skid is the only real problem with new cloth...

I have 760 on my table and I did notice the skidding problem when it was still new. It actually is still new at only three weeks, except that I have played over 100 hours on it already.

seanjonsean
12-10-2007, 07:12 AM
haha ure right balls just fall right in and more balls on break too,and its very fast compared to anything ive played on except for maybe a table or 2,, should i get aramith balls?or stay with same old $30 set that i have im afraid of spoiling myself but then again its christmas time!!!!!!