PDA

View Full Version : Sherm Custom Cues Semi Retiring

cuesmith
12-01-2007, 01:00 PM
After over 25 years of cuemaking & repairs I've decided to sort of hang it up as a full time gig. Too much stress involved which has had an adverse affect on my health. I will be building 1 pair of cues a month from here on out. One pointed, decorated custom cue and a matching a Merry Widow style cue made from the same woods, ringwork etc. as the fancier cue. I've accumulated enough fine exotic and other hardwoods to last out my natural lifetime (and no, none of my equipment or materials are for sale!) and want to see some of my prime pieces worked into fine cues. I'm booked out a couple of months clearing up loose ends, but I'll be taking reservations for pairs of cues ONLY, and taking reservations in order of receipt. I'd also like to give my sincere thanks to all the players, collectors and dealers who have supported me over the years.

just more hot air!
Sherm Adamson
Sherm Custom Billiard Cues
sherm@shermcue.com
513-509-9152

JCIN
12-01-2007, 01:23 PM
After over 25 years of cuemaking & repairs I've decided to sort of hang it up as a full time gig. Too much stress involved which has had an adverse affect on my health. I will be building 1 pair of cues a month from here on out. One pointed, decorated custom cue and a matching a Merry Widow style cue made from the same woods, ringwork etc. as the fancier cue. I've accumulated enough fine exotic and other hardwoods to last out my natural lifetime (and no, none of my equipment or materials are for sale!) and want to see some of my prime pieces worked into fine cues. I'm booked out a couple of months clearing up loose ends, but I'll be taking reservations for pairs of cues ONLY, and taking reservations in order of receipt. I'd also like to give my sincere thanks to all the players, collectors and dealers who have supported me over the years.

just more hot air!
Sherm Adamson
Sherm Custom Billiard Cues
sherm@shermcue.com
513-509-9152
Good luck in your retirement you have earned it. I am sure you probably do not remember me but I drove over from Indy and you had me in your shop to show me some cues. Ended up buying a purpleheart merry widow. I enjoyed the opportunity to look around your shop as much as the great cue I took home. I also grew up in Cincinnati and remember whenever someone said anything about cues "Sherm" always seemed to come up.

I am glad you are going to keep your hand in. Good luck and thanks for sharing your knowledge.