PDA

View Full Version : Question for Bank Pool Players

Pushout
12-02-2007, 10:56 AM
Playing on a drop pocket table, with no in-set places for balls at the foot of the table {ala a Gold Crown}, how do you go about keeping score? I've only played the game a couple of times and that was on a Gold Crown where the balls could be placed as in One Pocket. What would be the best way to do this?

desert1pocket
12-02-2007, 11:07 AM
Just use two of the corner pockets. To keep things easy you can put a ball in your pocket each time you make one rather than at the end of the inning.

As an aside, I always use the pockets rather than the rack when playing 1-hole also. This helps prevent ball mysteriously going from my side to a less than honest opponents side.

hemicudas
12-02-2007, 11:15 AM
Just use two of the corner pockets. To keep things easy you can put a ball in your pocket each time you make one rather than at the end of the inning.

As an aside, I always use the pockets rather than the rack when playing 1-hole also. This helps prevent ball mysteriously going from my side to a less than honest opponents side.

I think what he is talking about is on a ball return table but like it says, ICBW.

sodapopd
12-02-2007, 11:30 AM
You could always use coins under the rail to keep track.

breaknrun
12-02-2007, 12:26 PM
You could always use coins under the rail to keep track.

My buddy and I spar quite a bit in banks and we always use coins. We start from the middle diamond at the top of the table where you break from. If your playing 9 ball banks your on the hill when you get to the side pocket. If your playing full rack banks your on the hill when you get to the corner pocket.

Ralph Kramden
12-02-2007, 12:42 PM
You could put all pocketed balls in the ball tray after they pocket.

jay helfert
12-02-2007, 12:50 PM
You could put all pocketed balls in the ball tray after they pocket.

Or just lay your balls on the floor next to one of the table legs.

Johnnyt
12-02-2007, 01:25 PM
I always carried a lock-box to put mine in. Johnnyt

Gerry
12-02-2007, 03:21 PM

NOW, I'd like to see the guy that can do that!....:D

no wait....I don't wanna see that at all.....ewww!

Gerry

Fatboy
12-02-2007, 03:50 PM

thats what I do when I play, that is when I make a ball. Except when I play Jay, then I use a bucket to put all the balls in, because I make so many there isnt room on the floor under the table, i would step on them and trip on them.

oldroller
12-02-2007, 07:28 PM
about what to do if I ever make more than one

bigskyjake
12-02-2007, 10:04 PM
I usually grab mine out of the pockets and put them by my case