PDA

View Full Version : 76 Players in Viking Tour events at Burrkats Billiards in NC

MikeJanis
12-02-2007, 02:15 PM
44 in the Open Division
32 in Amateur Division

In the Open Division the final 2 winners are

Kelly Fisher -vs- Sparky Ferrule

4 other players are stiill batling it our on the 1-loss side.

The Open Division pays

1. $1,000 tourney + $750 Auction
2. $600 tourney + $400 Auction
3. $400 tourney + $150 auction
4. $300 tourney + $ 80 auction
5/6 $200 each tourney
7/8 $120 each tourney

There were 6 Free Entries for the Women and JR players + 8 Pool League Discounts and 3 SR player discounts and 2 Military discounts.
The open picks in the players auction were:

1st pick = Sparky Ferrule
2nd Pick = Kelly Fisher
3rd Pick Jeff Abernathy

In the previous round Kellly Fisher defeated Abernathy 9-6.

Mj

Ktown D
12-02-2007, 04:16 PM
It sounds like that Kelly guy sure can play.:)

Johnnyt
12-02-2007, 04:24 PM
It sounds like that Kelly guy sure can play.:)

Did she win it? Johnnyt

Johnnyt
12-02-2007, 04:37 PM
I think we're going to see more and more of the top women playing in the open tournaments close to where they live. Only a few of them on the WPBA tour are making any kind of real money. I believe when one or two of them win some of these open tournaments that we will start seeing more and more women in the last day brackets. Once they see they can compete with the men in tournament play watch out. JMO Johnnyt

MikeJanis
12-03-2007, 04:40 AM
Kelly Fisher took 2nd place to Sparky.

Mj

poolchic
12-03-2007, 05:54 AM
I think we're going to see more and more of the top women playing in the open tournaments close to where they live. Only a few of them on the WPBA tour are making any kind of real money. I believe when one or two of them win some of these open tournaments that we will start seeing more and more women in the last day brackets. Once they see they can compete with the men in tournament play watch out. JMO Johnnyt

I think so also but in this tour women don't have to pay any entry fee...not even kelly fisher...I appreciate the nice incentive for women and kids to play but there shoule be a some sort of rule about professional women playing for free...

Johnnyt
12-03-2007, 07:17 AM
I think so also but in this tour women don't have to pay any entry fee...not even kelly fisher...I appreciate the nice incentive for women and kids to play but there shoule be a some sort of rule about professional women playing for free...

I think what you say about the entry fees depends if the open tours really want women to play in them. Is it good for the game? Will it draw more fans to the tournament and or TV? I just think it might with the top WPBA members playing.

The tours could always charge the women on the WPBA tour half price to enter and full price if they came in the top 20 % of the tournament...or something along those lines. I think what Mike Janis is doing is great. At least he's trying different things to try and make things happen. Again, just MO. Johnnyt

poolchic
12-03-2007, 07:47 AM

I just got informed that women and kids can play free but if they want to win any cash they have to put up the entry to do so....
So this is definitely a good thing=))

MikeJanis
12-03-2007, 12:16 PM

To encourage participation in our sport by non-professional women and junior players (Jr = age 17 & under), the Viking Cue 9-Ball Tour will now be offering them FREE entry to all of our local open and amateur events.

Professional ladies (Top 32) pay a full entry fee. There are no discounts.

Open Event Info:
$1,000 Guaranteed to 1ST Place
$55 Entry Fee
(Inc. $15 for Table & Reg. fee)
Double Elimination
World Standardized Rules
Anyone Can Play
Added Prize Money Guaranteed
2 Day Event - $20/$30 Tour Card Fee
Player Auction Starts 1pm $10 Minimum Bid is Optional by Player
$10 DISCOUNT for All Pool League Players with current league ID
FREE Entry Fee + FREE Tour Card for Non-Pro Women and JR Players
FREE Tour Card for SR Players (age 65+)
FREE Tour Card for all Active or Retired Military

Additionally, the top 32 ranked WPBA players MAY NOT play in the Amateur division.

Mj