PDA

View Full Version : Chalk holding gadgets do you use one.

DrawShotKing
12-04-2007, 03:54 PM
What are your like, and dislike if you use a chalk holding gadget? What chalker do you use? What would you do to improve your chalker?

Friend and I are working on an idea for a new style chalker.

Jude Rosenstock
12-04-2007, 03:57 PM
Yes, my chalk holder is the rail of a Brunswick Crown IV.

plshrk22
12-04-2007, 04:01 PM
You know I had a magnetic one for a while and it would occasionally bump into my cue and scratch it! I then got the pen looking one with a string and used that for a while and now I use the same one as Jude does haha.

JustPlay
12-04-2007, 04:02 PM
I don't use one, but it would be nice if everyone would just place the chalk face up on the rail, there would be less chalk on the rail.:D

bigskyjake
12-04-2007, 04:03 PM

I have one that's close to that but I believe it's Valley Cougar model ( wished like hell I had the GCIV model :( )

Jude Rosenstock
12-04-2007, 04:05 PM
I don't use one, but it would be nice if everyone would just place the chalk face up on the rail, there would be less chalk on the rail.:D

What decent human being doesn't leave the chalk face up? You're talking about people that eat their young.

bigskyjake
12-04-2007, 04:09 PM
What decent human being doesn't leave the chalk face up? You're talking about people that eat their young.

I heard that, I've actually seen people lay the chalk down face up, then look down and flip it over so it messes all over. These are candidates for frontal lobotomies

plshrk22
12-04-2007, 04:13 PM
If I were to recommend one it would be the pen style.

Jude Rosenstock
12-04-2007, 04:16 PM
If I were to recommend one it would be the pen style.

Chalk holders or frontal lobotomies?

Cuebacca
12-04-2007, 04:26 PM

Holy geez! How do you keep your pants up with that thing attached to it? :eek: :D

BVal
12-04-2007, 05:02 PM
Don't use one and agree that any right minded person that plays pool should be capable of setting the chalk right side up.

BVal

Get_A_Grip
12-04-2007, 05:37 PM

You know what's funny...there is a match where Efren is playing and he puts the chalk FACE-DOWN more than once in the match. I believe that it's when he is playing Alex in the 2006 DCC 1-pocket semi-final... but I would have to check again to make sure that's that match. I noticed it and thought WTF? But he definitely did it in a match that I have on CD or tape and did it after more than one shot.

chilli66
12-04-2007, 05:48 PM
I did have a magnetic one but lost the holder part, so I went back to jamming the chalk into the top of my pocket. I have to have my chalk close at hand, wandering around the table for it drives me nuts!

3kushn
12-04-2007, 06:00 PM
I use my pocket.

pwd72s
12-04-2007, 06:04 PM
I use one..."pocket chalker". Why? NONE of the bar tables of this area have decent chalk. So, it's a way for us to carry our own.

our_auctionguy
12-04-2007, 08:53 PM
Wow! I never even thought about it, now I'm paranoid, but I think I put the chalk down chalk side up when I play off the rail. I hope so. Anyways, I know last night in a torunament, I got a little tired of having to sort out the crater chalk from the acceptable chalk they provided for the tournament and since I didn't have my own personal copy of a nice piece, I really started missing my old pocket chalker. Could have shaved some frustration from my concentration time. My next pocket chalker is going to double as a comb so I can make sure my hair looks good too when I am at the table.:D :D

desert1pocket
12-04-2007, 09:23 PM
If the place I'm playing has a plentiful supply of decent quality chalk, I just set it on the rail. I do however carry a box of good chalk and a pocket chalker in my case for the places that don't.

MasterClass
12-04-2007, 09:46 PM
I would like to have that nice silver chalk holder that Paul Newman's lady friend gave to him in the movie color of money. It looks classy just like everything else he uses in that movie! The cue, the case, the chalk holder.....

Does anyone know if something like that is available for sale at a decent price?

rayjay
12-04-2007, 11:18 PM
What are your like, and dislike if you use a chalk holding gadget? What chalker do you use? What would you do to improve your chalker?

Friend and I are working on an idea for a new style chalker.

The one I use is called a shirt pocket.
:p

billyjack
12-04-2007, 11:42 PM
I like the magnetic ones best, but the magnet clips really stink. I glued a small super-magnet to an old cell phone clip and created the perfect chalker;perfect for me anyhow. I clip it my right front pocket, and it stays in place. No chalk on my shirt like when I used a belt clip. And the magnet is strong enough to keep a light bump from sending my chalk rolling under the table. I never have to worry about picking up a cube off the rail that's already been drilled to death. To each his own, but that's what works for me.

Bill

cuejoey
12-05-2007, 12:06 AM
My best friend bought me a custom made chalk holder made from Python snake.i use it and like it alot..it matches my Hightower custom cue....:)

HollyWood
12-05-2007, 12:56 AM
I use the origonal pocket chalker it has a cover that snaps over the chalk. Back to the question of which is the better piece the New or OLD. I bring 1/2 pieces as well. Trimmed to use that chlk in the bottom. mark

BlowFish
12-05-2007, 01:42 AM
I have to have The Pocket Chalker. Otherwise, I'll be leaving my chalk all the time in the place I shoot. It's cheaper this way. I haven't lost a chalk ever since.

Also have those magnetic clips. The issue with them is that if they get bumped, they fall-off and you won't notice until it's time to chalk.

Pushout
12-05-2007, 07:13 AM

I agree 100%! I tried one that someone gave me for a while, but I was always looking on the table, so it didn't make much sense to use one. I do carry my own, and watch it like a hawk. I've said this in other threads, if you carry your own chalk and don't use a holder, put your initials on it. If it walks away, you can at least prove it belongs to you, even if you don't get it back;)

3andstop
12-05-2007, 07:45 AM
Playing with the chalk on the rail is an integral part of my shooting rhythm. I sometimes pick up one on one long rail, chalk the tip, put it down, pick up one on another rail, do the same .....

Man if I had to use one of those gizmos it would drive me crazy, and reaching into my pocket for chalk would definitely have me taking up bowling.

Craig Fales
12-05-2007, 07:58 AM
I use the Euro pocket chalker...I hate chasing chalk down and if I play snooker the chalk is always a quarter mile away at the other end of the table...

DeepBanks
12-05-2007, 08:03 AM
Its a good part of the pre-shot routine . . .