PDA

View Full Version : Look who's coming to dinner -- Hall of Fame at Derby City

1pocket
12-05-2007, 07:48 AM
I have now spoken to all of our upcoming Hall of Fame inductees, and they are all looking forward to Louisville:

Pool action legend and the "voice of Accustats" Billy Incardona, who is being inducted into the One Pocket HOF

Jimmy Fusco (this will be Jimmy's first visit to DCC since one of the early ones) -- also going into the One Pocket HOF

Banking legend Donny Anderson -- he's ailing, but God willing he will be there -- he's definitely excited about his induction for Bank Pool.

And, cross our fingers and say your prayers, Jimmy Reid is really, really hoping to be able to come to accept his Lifetime Pool in Action award. As most of you know, Jimmy has been battling the big C for the last couple of years, but he is a tough and determined guy, with strong faith, and he is determined to be there!

Okay, I didn't actually speak to the late Jansco Brothers (my contacts aren't that good :) ), but I have spoken with JoAnn Jansco, George's daughter, and she and perhaps other family members will be there to accept the Jansco Brother's induction for their promotion of One Pocket.

This event means a lot to these guys, so let's show them our full support -- and be very well entertained at the same time -- Tuesday night January 8th, right in the middle of DCC week, at the Executive Inn (one of the DCC hotels).

-->> Where else can you sit down to dinner with such a collection of legends of pool action? Current inductees Cardone, Fusco, Donny 'Cincinatti Kid' Anderson, the Jansco family; past inductees (who as always are invited back as special guests) Reyes, DiLiberto, Grady, The Beard, Truman, etc, etc. Plus, you are very likely to have the usual crew of other "celebs" who have been nearly every year, like Jay Helfert, Harry Platis, Pat Fleming, our hosts Greg Sullivan & Mark Griffin and on and on. Heck, the social hour (with cash bar) before dinner with these guys is worth the price of admission!

Tickets can be purchased online, and this event has sold out every year, and reservations are ahead of last year's pace! Signing up early is a real big $$ help in helping make this event a success, and we thank you!!

Click for more info & to make your reservations (http://onepocket.org/HOFbanquet.htm)

jay helfert
12-05-2007, 08:24 AM
If I can just get Scott not to schedule a match for me an hour before the dinner. Last year he put me in a brutal One Pocket match with a guy who played super slow. I told him I was trying to make it to the dinner, and he just slowed it down another notch. It went hill-hill naturally and I was so frustrated because the dinner was already underway, I fired at everything. Yes, I lost!

The funny thing about this match is the guy introduced himself to me before the match and asked me if I remember playing him 30+ years ago. I truly didn't. He said I beat him pretty bad playing One Pocket, something like $50 or $60 for ten a game. Nice score huh? Well he got even with me, and it was a money match as well. Maybe $100 was on the line. :)

1pocket
12-05-2007, 06:41 PM
If I can just get Scott not to schedule a match for me an hour before the dinner. Last year he put me in a brutal One Pocket match with a guy who played super slow. I told him I was trying to make it to the dinner, and he just slowed it down another notch. It went hill-hill naturally and I was so frustrated because the dinner was already underway, I fired at everything. Yes, I lost!

The funny thing about this match is the guy introduced himself to me before the match and asked me if I remember playing him 30+ years ago. I truly didn't. He said I beat him pretty bad playing One Pocket, something like $50 or $60 for ten a game. Nice score huh? Well he got even with me, and it was a money match as well. Maybe $100 was on the line. :)Yeah, they have a "dinner break" scheduled for 6PM -- timed for when we open the doors -- but if you happen to draw the short straw, and a long match, it can overlap. Glad you made it. How many rounds did you end up going in One Pocket?