PDA

View Full Version : Ralf Souquet Class/matchroom Sports

COLLECTION GURU
12-17-2007, 10:32 PM
AZ'ERS:

AS I MENTIONED IN OUR WHINING BETWEEN THE AMERICAN FANS AND THE EUROPEAN VISITORS; I SENT RALF SOUQUET A MEMO BEFORE THE TOURNAMENT, WHO I HAVE NEVER MET, MENTIONING HOW WEIRD IT FELT TO PULL FOR EARL WHO SOMETIMES ACTS TO EMBARRASS HIS TEAM AND COUNTRY OVER RALF WHO DEMONSTRATES THE CLASS THE ATHLETIC WORLD NEEDS. WITH NO REMINDER FROM ME, RALF RESPONDED TODAY WITH A CLASSY NOTE AND OFFERED TO MEET AT DCC. RALF UNDERSTANDS I AM AN AMERICAN FIRST AND ALWAYS PULL FOR MY COUNTRY WITH OR WITHOUT EARL.

I ALSO MENTIONED THAT EARL WAS PROVOKED BY DRAGO AND PEACH IN WAYS THAT I HAVE YET TO SEE MENTIONED BUT I WITNESSED. AS SOMEONE WHO WATCHED EARL AT 19 HE HAS ACTED IN WAYS MOST OF US DON'T LIKE BUT NO WORSE THAN DRAGO OR PEACH. HELL IT IS A GAME AND A LOT OF THE FUN IS ARGUING ABOUT NONSENSE AS FOR WHATEVER REASON WE PULL FOR OUR TEAM. MIKE SIGEL HAD HIS YES MAN AND EARL'S YES MEN IS THE AUDIENCE AS HE REALLY IS TALKING TO HIMSELF. AS FAR AS I KNOW, NO ONE GOT KILLED OR BRUISED AND THE EUROPEANS WON FAIR AND SQUARE ALBEIT I HATE THE RULE CHANGES BUT WE AGREED TO THEM SO THAT'S THAT.

A WORD(S) TO THE THE GREAT MATCHROOM SPORTS TEAM WHO WERE VERY PROFESSIONAL IN EVERY ASPECT I WITNESSED AND LOOK FORWARD TO THE TELECAST OF THE 4 DAYS. I WAS LUCKY TO GO WITH MY WIFE AND MOTHER-IN-LAW WHO AT 86, WAS TREATED SPECIAL BY LUKE RICHES WHICH I APPRECIATE VERY MUCH.

NEXT YEAR, I AM GOING TO TRY AND WORK WITH MATCHROOM SPORTS TO TRY AND OBTAIN TICKETS AND DISCOUNTED AIRFARE TO CHEER OUR TEAM IN EUROPE AND I WILL PREPARE CHANTS, SIGNS, SONGS AND MUSIC TO MAKE OUR MEN FEEL WELL REPRESENTED. MY LADIES REALLY ENJOYED THE EVENT AS IT WAS THEIR FIRST TOURNAMENT AND THOUGHT THEY WOULD BE BORED. GOD WILLING, WE WILL BE IN EUROPE NEXT YEAR AND HOPEFULLY WE CAN STRUCTURE COSTS SO MANY AMERICAN FANS CAN JOIN US. OUR GUYS GAVE IT THEIR BEST INCLUDING JOHNNY ARCHER'S SON WHO RECOGNIZED THAT DAD'S ARE ALWAYS THE BEST. ( JOHNNY, KIM: NEXT YEAR, TEACH JOHNNY'S SON TO TOUT YOUR POOL ROOM IN ATLANTA WHILE BEING INTERVIEWED)

RALF, SEHR GUT !!!!!!!!!!!

TorranceChris
12-17-2007, 10:49 PM
I just want to pipe in here and say that I very much respect Ralf for how he has conducted himself in his matches. I do like Earl's fierce fire so no putting down of anyone here from me. After Ralf got caught up in the celebration, he went and made sure that he had a sincere handshake with Rodney who was understandably turned away from the celebration. Ralf seems like a guy I would like to have a beer with.:)

COLLECTION GURU
12-17-2007, 10:53 PM
I just want to pipe in here and say that I very much respect Ralf for how he has conducted himself in his matches. I do like Earl's fierce fire so no putting down of anyone here from me. After Ralf got caught up in the celebration, he went and made sure that he had a sincere handshake with Rodney who was understandably turned away from the celebration. Ralf seems like a guy I would like to have a beer with.:)

I HOPE TO DO JUST THAT.

Russ Chewning
12-17-2007, 10:59 PM
I HOPE TO DO JUST THAT.

COLLECTION GURU,

I'm going to say this once, and once only. Stop posting in all caps. I know other people have told you that you do this, and furthermore, that they do not like it, so ignorance is no excuse. It is considered very rude both in forums, and online chat, and is the written equivalent of screaming at the top of your lungs.

If you post another post all in caps, I am going to put you on ignore, and will encourage others to do the same.

Thank you,

Russ

DeadPoked
12-17-2007, 11:18 PM
I agree with Russ. No matter how well thought out and enjoyable the content of your post is, putting it all in CAPS makes it instantly annoying and not worth my time reading.

poolhustler
12-17-2007, 11:23 PM
I Concur !!!!!!!

Russ Chewning
12-17-2007, 11:31 PM
Edited to correct a misperception on my part. Ima moron.. What can I say?? :D :D :D

Russ

COLLECTION GURU
12-17-2007, 11:35 PM
COLLECTION GURU,

I'm going to say this once, and once only. Stop posting in all caps. I know other people have told you that you do this, and furthermore, that they do not like it, so ignorance is no excuse. It is considered very rude both in forums, and online chat, and is the written equivalent of screaming at the top of your lungs.

If you post another post all in caps, I am going to put you on ignore, and will encourage others to do the same.

Thank you,

Russ

YOU SLIMY MORON; I AM THE IGNORANT IDIOT WHO SENT YOU POOL BOOKS AND VHS ACCUSTAT TAPES TO BAGHDAD BEFORE I EVER HEARD OF YOU, DIDN'T KNOW YOU, AND NOW DON'T WANT TO KNOW YOU BUT DID IT BECAUSE YOU WERE AN AMERICAN; ALBEIT AN ASSHOLE AMERICAN. AS I EXPLAINED YESTERDAY, NO ONE TELLS ME WHAT TO DO NOR HAS THE RIGHT TO DO SO AND I'M SURE NOT BEING THREATEND BY A JERK LIKE YOU. STAY SAFE AND IF YOUR LUCKY ENOUGH IN LIFE TO DO 10% OF WHAT I HAVE ACCOMPLISHED, I MAY CONSIDER AND THEN IGNORE YOUR ADVISE. WHILE I CONSIDERED YOU A HERO FOR BEING THERE, IF YOU ARE AFRAID OF BIG LETTERS, WONDER WHAT YOU DO THERE BUT WISH YOU THE BEST OF HEALTH. YOUR ATTITUDE SUCKS AND MAYBE YOU SHOULD RESPECT MY THOUGHTS AND DISAGREE AS THAT IS WHAT FREEDOM OUR TROOPS ARE THERE TO PROTECT; EVEN IN BIG LETTERS AND PINK FOR YOU AND PEACH. I HAVE BEEN AN EXECUTIVE WORLDWIDE AND COULD FORGOT MORE ABOUT CULTURES, EXCEPT I DON'T FORGET, THAN YOU WILL EVER KNOW. I AM NOT CLOSE TO IGNORANT BUT WE COMMUNICATE WITH WORDS NOT COLORS OR SIZE; WHAT SIZE AND COLORS DO YOUR KIDS WRITE IN?

GLAD THE OTHER PEOPLE I SEND MONTHLY PACKAGES FOR 3.5 YEARS TO IN BAGHDAD ARE MORE GRATEFUL THAN YOU. MERRY CHRISTMAS

BY THE WAY, DID IT OCCUR TO YOU I MAY HAVE A VISION ISSUE?

JOHN ROUSSEAU

Fatboy
12-17-2007, 11:50 PM
i like caps they are easier to read, Marcus awalys uses them, i'm not so sensitive that they bother me they are merely letters that convey ones thoughts....

i met Ralf this week, he is a great guy we chatted for 15 or 20 minutes and then again after they won. a true professional in all ways and a good roll model for alot of people.

COLLECTION GURU
12-17-2007, 11:53 PM
i like caps they are easier to read, Marcus awalys uses them, i'm not so sensitive that they bother me they are merely letters that convey ones thoughts....

i met Ralf this week, he is a great guy we chatted for 15 or 20 minutes and then again after they won. a true professional in all ways and a good roll model for alot of people.

ARE YOU GOING TO DCC?

Fatboy
12-18-2007, 12:44 AM
are You Going To Dcc?

Yes Sir!!!

Cuebacca
12-18-2007, 12:49 AM
Dear Sir, normally I just skip over posts in all caps. No offense to you and perhaps you don't care. No problem. I just thought I'd let you know, as other people probably do the same and skip the all-caps posts.

If there is a vision issue at play here, and you want to make all the posts bigger (including everyone else's), you can try the following:

Hold on the CTRL key on the keyboard, and the roll the mouse wheel down. That should make all the fonts bigger for you, while not affecting what other people see. That might be more comfortable for you.

Again, nothing personal; to me, it's similar to reading gray letters on a black background if that helps you understand where I'm coming from. It does also give the feeling like you're being yelled at. I hope I've expressed myself politely and hope it makes sense.

Cheers,
Cuebacca

bruceree
12-18-2007, 12:51 AM
Multiple people kindly ask you to stop posting like this, and you go off on a massive, nonsensical, immature, rude, and confusing tirade?

Sad.

"
BY THE WAY, DID IT OCCUR TO YOU I MAY HAVE A VISION ISSUE?"

There are ways you can increase font size in your browser for every page you view.

did you ever think of other people, who view this message board on small screens, blackberrys or Cell phones?

COLLECTION GURU
12-18-2007, 01:18 AM
Multiple people kindly ask you to stop posting like this, and you go off on a massive, nonsensical, immature, rude, and confusing tirade?

Sad.

"
BY THE WAY, DID IT OCCUR TO YOU I MAY HAVE A VISION ISSUE?"

There are ways you can increase font size in your browser for every page you view.

did you ever think of other people, who view this message board on small screens, blackberrys or Cell phones?

READ RUSS' NOTE; IF THAT DOESN'T JUSTIFY MY RESPONSE THAN SKIP MINE AND FATBOY AND I WILL JUST WRITE EACH OTHER. BY THE WAY, I DIDN'T SAY I HAVE A VISION ISSUE DID I? PERHAPS YOU SHOULD READ MORE CLOSELY? IF THEY READ ON A CELL, THEY HAVE A VISION ISSUE I GUESS AND NOT THE WRITER. I READ ON MY BLACKBERRY, CELL AND I-PHONE AND MAKE DO. SORRY I DIFFER IN RESPONDING TO RC AFTER HE GIVES ME HIS FINAL DEMAND EVEN AFTER MY GIFT TO HIM, A TOTAL STRANGER; NOW I JUST KNOW HE IS JUST "STRANGER". BY THE WAY, LAST YEAR I BOUGHT 400 WPBA TICKETS FOR RETURNING IRAQ MARINES FROM THE SAN DIEGO BASE AND DESPITE RC'S LACK OF GRATITUDE, I INTEND TO DO EVEN MORE IN
2008. AS LAST YEAR, THE NOTIFICATION TO OUR HEROES FOR THE TICKETS WILL BE IN CAPS; DIDN'T SCARE THEM LAST YEAR AS THEY WERE MORE APPRECIATIVE OF THE GESTURE THAN THE SIZE OR COLORS OF THE LETTERS DISTRIBUTED TO EACH OF THEM ANNOUNCING THE EVENT.

I CAN'T QUIT NOW AS I WILL BE PERCEIVED AS HAVE GIVEN IN TO THE INSECURITIES OF A FEW.

powerlineman80
12-18-2007, 01:18 AM
Wow I thought the all caps was tough until seeing the purple all caps. I think I'm blind now.

smokeandapancak
12-18-2007, 02:57 AM
Hey well Russ did say that he was only going to "say it once".
So he said it...now he should just STFU!!!! :D

DrCue'sProtege
12-18-2007, 06:24 AM
Guru,
some people feel like they are sort of like "Police" here on these forums. i know that Russ guy has trashed & bashed me many times. i am like you in that while i admire the fact that he is in Iraq, i think he needs to realize he is just another poster on here. nothing more, nothing less. everyone has the right to their opinion, but when they start telling others what to do, well, that seems pretty ridiculous to me.

if he had a problem with your caps why didnt he just POLITELY tell you? and from reading his post it sounds like he thinks he owns the forum, or else thinks he is the most senior & respected member/poster in here, and others will follow his advice.

just ignore him.

DCP

JimS
12-18-2007, 06:37 AM
Posting in all caps makes it hard for me to read.

worriedbeef
12-18-2007, 06:37 AM
DCP he has been politely asked many times and he's said himself he will continue to post in capitals because he 'doesn't want to back down to weaker people'.

i can honestly say i didn't refuse to read your posts collection guru out of principle, but i just couldnt be arsed to read them in caps.

writing in capitals is the text equivalent of shouting in case you didn't know. just stop being immature and write in lower case! it's not that hard.

DrCue'sProtege
12-18-2007, 06:52 AM
uh, didnt he say that he had a vision problem???

come on people, remember, 'Tis The Season'............

DCP

Drew
12-18-2007, 06:56 AM

DCP

He actually said that he didn't have a vision problem. In fact, he said he would continue to write in all caps just to piss everyone off.

JAM
12-18-2007, 06:57 AM

DCP

Posting in bright pink with Size No. 7 font is a little much.

It doesn't bother me, though. I just scroll down and not read the words.

I would advise others to do so as well if the print hurts your eyes.

I figure whatever he's printing cannot be taken seriously in that color or font size. So why read it?! :)

I would think if he wanted his posts to be read that he would at least try to create his posts in a comprehensive manner. He doesn't. So there you have it. :)

JAM

Blackjack
12-18-2007, 07:10 AM
Guru (John)

The large font doesn't really bother me, but all caps does, as well as the pink, purple, red, colors.

Internet etiquette says that all caps is rude, sort of like yelling and shouting - I don't know about that, but personally, I think it draws attention away from what you're saying and it gets overshadowed by how you're presenting it.

Like many other people here, I place a lot of value on what you have to say, but I don't think that posting it in big, colorful, capital letters is really working for you here. I know you'll do whatever you want to do, but keep in mind, a lot of people will just put you on ignore or scroll past your posts (understandably) - and for a valuable forum contributer like yourself, I think that's a shame.

sde
12-18-2007, 07:15 AM
All caps = no read

End of story.

Steve

mosconiac
12-18-2007, 07:16 AM
I think I'll side with John (Collection Guru) here. He's a helluva nice guy and from what I just read his generosity extends FAR beyond my experience. We need more guys like him on this board and chasing him off because you don't like his writing style is thoroughly adolescent.

John, who at the time didn't know me from Adam, offered to let me sit in his TV seats at the 2007 DCC...just because I was a member of AZB. Those seats cost him pretty good $$$. Not only were the seats great, but talking to John was a significant bonus.

John: I'm not sure why you took a hiatus from AZB over the last 10 months or so...I hope your health is OK. Don't let the grammar police chase you off.

lacquer
12-18-2007, 07:28 AM
Collection Guru's posts are usually pretty decent if you're looking at the content. I can look past the formatting, especially when it leads to an awesome pissing contest like this. That's not to say that all caps and large font is fun to read or anything.

DCP's posts on the other hand are horrible regardless of how well he capitalizes, punctuates and spells.

Defending GC isn't going to make you any more friends at this point DCP. Maybe if you just track him and quote all his posts without the caps and massive pink Arial that might make you some new friends. I would hate you a little bit less.

Wasn't there a 'Fast Larry' that posted exclusively in caps? I'm not 100% but I don't ever remember him getting shit for it. Keep on rockin' Collection Guru.

MOJOE
12-18-2007, 07:40 AM
Although, All Caps is hard for me to read. It is also my perogative to ignore such posts. I don't like but I guess it is up to me whether or not I read CG's posts. CG is a very generous person from what he tells us. That is all good, but I will refrain from reading many of his posts as long as he continues to do so in ALL CAPS for reasons stated above.

It seems to be an issue that he does not want to be told what to do! Since many of have asked politely and yes some have been a bit harsh in their wording, he will continue to do as he wishes. So be it!!! If we don't like it, we don't have to read them. Which will be my choice. No hard feelings, either way.

Best Wishes to all, JBK

ShootingArts
12-18-2007, 07:57 AM
Ignoring the issue of shouting or not, it is well documented fact that all cap's are harder to read, not easier. I questioned this until I had to work in all cap's for several years, reading and typing, because the work I produced would be copied over and over. Although fresh lower case is easier to read, it also blurs into unreadable spots sooner when copying copies over and over. The sheets were limited to "A" size so larger text wasn't an option.

Bottom line is although I am as hardheaded as anyone, I type lower case and write in paragraphs because it is far easier to sight read and just common courtesy to the readers. I am one more reader that will rarely fight my way through large blocks of uppercase text. It isn't a reflection of my interest in what the person writing has to say, just my unwillingness to strain my eyes reading.

Hu

COLLECTION GURU
12-18-2007, 08:02 AM
I think I'll side with John (Collection Guru) here. He's a helluva nice guy and from what I just read his generosity extends FAR beyond my experience. We need more guys like him on this board and chasing him off because you don't like his writing style is thoroughly adolescent.

John, who at the time didn't know me from Adam, offered to let me sit in his TV seats at the 2007 DCC...just because I was a member of AZB. Those seats cost him pretty good $$$. Not only were the seats great, but talking to John was a significant bonus.

John: I'm not sure why you took a hiatus from AZB over the last 10 months or so...I hope your health is OK. Don't let the grammar police chase you off.

MOSCONIAC; I AM FINE AND THANKS FOR THE NICE WORDS. IT ESCAPES ME WHY PEOPLE DON'T READ AND LISTEN BETTER. I NEVER SAID I HAD A VISION PROBLEM; I HIT A 400' + MONSTER OFF OF JUAN MARICHAL; I CAN SEE JUST FINE. I WANTED TO HIGHLIGHT THE ARROGANCE OF RC WHO IS GIVING ME FINAL DEMANDS AFTER I TRIED TO MAKE HIS STAY IN IRAQ AS PLEASANT AS I COULD AS PAMELA ANDERSON WAS MARRIED AT THE TIME AND TOMMY LEE WOULDN'T LET HER GO VISIT RUSS. IF I TYPE IN 7'S AND PEOPLE STILL CAN'T READ PROPERLY, MR. HOWERTON, CAN WE GET LARGER PRINT? BY THE WAY MOSCONIAC, I HAVE 5 TV SEATS THIS YEAR AND THE OFFER EXTENDS AGAIN THIS YEAR IF YOU ARE GOING. NOT BECAUSE YOU ARE SIDING WITH ME BUT YOU ARE A GENTLEMAN AND RECOGNIZE THAT I FELT I NEEDED TO EXPOSE RUSS FOR BEING THE BULLY HE WOULD LIKE TO BE TOWARDS OTHERS BUT NOT THIS GUY. I AM NOT TOUGH BUT WOULD DEFEND MYSELF AND FRIENDS REGARDLESS OF THE CONSEQUENCES BECAUSE I READ THIS FORUM TO LEARN MANY THINGS FROM THE PARTICIPANTS. THERE WAS A RECENT DISCUSSION FROM ONE OF THE POPULAR POOL NAMES ON THIS SITE THAT WAS SO WRONG, A GRAND JURY SHOULD HAVE BEEN GATHERED FOR POSSIBLE COMMITTMENT FOR PEOPLE WHO BELIEVED IT. I DIDN'T SAY A WORD AS THIS PERSON IS A QUALITY PERSON WHO MADE AN HONEST MISTAKE AND I CAN LIVE WITH THAT AS IT DIDN'T HARM ANYONE.

I WONDER IF WE SHOULD BE GIVEN INSTRUCTIONS WHAT TO DO WITH THE SILLY FACES, SIGNS, THUMBS, 7 SIZES OF CHARACTERS, HIGHLIGHTS, COLORS, ETC. AS I THOUGHT THEY WERE OPTIONS FOR THE USERS? MAYBE I MISSED THE MEMO? I AM SORRY I ANNOY PEOPLE BUT IF SOMEONE THINKS I WILL BE BULLIED BY THIS UNGRATEFUL SLIME BAG OR ANYONE ELSE, THEY ARE MISTAKEN WHETHER I WRITE IN CAPS OR CRAYOLAS.

Hierovision
12-18-2007, 08:42 AM
I CAN'T QUIT NOW AS I WILL BE PERCEIVED AS HAVE GIVEN IN TO THE INSECURITIES OF A FEW.

Rep to you.

Read the content not the letters. You guys are rediculous.

tpdtom
12-18-2007, 08:47 AM
I hesitate to weigh in on this issue, not only because the participants have obviously gotten passionate, but because my feelings on the matter are going to be at odds with someone involved if not both. I believe that we here on AZB need to get beyond this kind of thing from now on. It's similar to my feelings about the sale of a cue that's priced way too high. Don't publicly insult or correct the seller, just click back on your browser and don't inquire any further. In this case, if the moderators here (are there any?) don't see fit or have the time to ask a member to post in "normal" small and large case than I'll just ignore it. Honestly, I'm more annoyed by the poster who capitalizes the first letter of every word. Now for me, that's hard to read!

In spite of internet etiquette, I can ignore either the all large caps or all the posters future posts, at my discretion. I've noticed another member who states, "Yes, I use large caps, and no, I'm not yelling". To me that's not funny. To him I guess it is. Regardless, even if I were a moderator I wouldn't think of ordering a poster not to dare to post in all large caps again. If I were going to warn him I'd simply say that it was offensive to some and considered poor etiquette. To do it politely in a PM would probably be better. By the same token, if someone was that foolish to think that he as just another member could command me to change my posting style, I wouldn't dream of lowering myself to name calling and insults. That is equally childish and lowering myself to the standards of the other guy. We can do better and should!

Pool players are subject to a lot of criticism, both by the general public and amongst ourselves. Why contribute to the ammunition of the naysayer's? Why not try to rise above this and act as...dare I say gentlemen and ladies? It's a novel approach...Tom

Fragged
12-18-2007, 08:48 AM
I Concur !!!!!!!

Not reading it either!: "Next!"

Cuebacca
12-18-2007, 11:12 AM
Hmm, now some have taken shots at ALL of those who mentioned the All-Caps thing. I hope you're not painting everyone with the same brush.

To people using terms like "ridiculous", "immature", "grammar police", and so on, feel free to go back and read the thread and see who was rude to whom. Not everyone who mentioned caps did so in the same way. In fact, if you read with an open mind, you might see that there were rude people on both sides, and polite people on both sides. Blackjack, for example, was very polite. It wasn't an "us against you" type of post.

I'm not telling anyone to do anything. I'm not even asking. I was simply letting Mr. Roussau know, in case it bothered him, that a significant chunk of people may skip his posts. Mr. Roussau brought up the vision issue, ("BY THE WAY, DID IT OCCUR TO YOU I MAY HAVE A VISION ISSUE?"), which was why some tried to help from that angle as well. If that isn't helpful, no problem.

Guru, I understand your frustration on the way Russ posted to you. Russ has a history of being overbearing to people on here. (Sorry Russ; no offense.) Please keep in mind that it's your decision. If you decide to switch to lower case because you know more people will read your posts, it doesn't mean that anyone was right for being rude to you.

Now that there's been this whole big deal made, I'm actually curious to read your posts more, but even in this thread, I find myself skimming them and only reading part. It is honestly nothing personal against you; again it is just the fonts and caps that make the posts difficult to get through.

Take care,
Cuebacca

Cuebacca
12-18-2007, 11:26 AM
AZ'ERS:

AS I MENTIONED IN OUR WHINING BETWEEN THE AMERICAN FANS AND THE EUROPEAN VISITORS; I SENT RALF SOUQUET A MEMO BEFORE THE TOURNAMENT, WHO I HAVE NEVER MET, MENTIONING HOW WEIRD IT FELT TO PULL FOR EARL WHO SOMETIMES ACTS TO EMBARRASS HIS TEAM AND COUNTRY OVER RALF WHO DEMONSTRATES THE CLASS THE ATHLETIC WORLD NEEDS. WITH NO REMINDER FROM ME, RALF RESPONDED TODAY WITH A CLASSY NOTE AND OFFERED TO MEET AT DCC. RALF UNDERSTANDS I AM AN AMERICAN FIRST AND ALWAYS PULL FOR MY COUNTRY WITH OR WITHOUT EARL.

I ALSO MENTIONED THAT EARL WAS PROVOKED BY DRAGO AND PEACH IN WAYS THAT I HAVE YET TO SEE MENTIONED BUT I WITNESSED. AS SOMEONE WHO WATCHED EARL AT 19 HE HAS ACTED IN WAYS MOST OF US DON'T LIKE BUT NO WORSE THAN DRAGO OR PEACH. HELL IT IS A GAME AND A LOT OF THE FUN IS ARGUING ABOUT NONSENSE AS FOR WHATEVER REASON WE PULL FOR OUR TEAM. MIKE SIGEL HAD HIS YES MAN AND EARL'S YES MEN IS THE AUDIENCE AS HE REALLY IS TALKING TO HIMSELF. AS FAR AS I KNOW, NO ONE GOT KILLED OR BRUISED AND THE EUROPEANS WON FAIR AND SQUARE ALBEIT I HATE THE RULE CHANGES BUT WE AGREED TO THEM SO THAT'S THAT.

A WORD(S) TO THE THE GREAT MATCHROOM SPORTS TEAM WHO WERE VERY PROFESSIONAL IN EVERY ASPECT I WITNESSED AND LOOK FORWARD TO THE TELECAST OF THE 4 DAYS. I WAS LUCKY TO GO WITH MY WIFE AND MOTHER-IN-LAW WHO AT 86, WAS TREATED SPECIAL BY LUKE RICHES WHICH I APPRECIATE VERY MUCH.

NEXT YEAR, I AM GOING TO TRY AND WORK WITH MATCHROOM SPORTS TO TRY AND OBTAIN TICKETS AND DISCOUNTED AIRFARE TO CHEER OUR TEAM IN EUROPE AND I WILL PREPARE CHANTS, SIGNS, SONGS AND MUSIC TO MAKE OUR MEN FEEL WELL REPRESENTED. MY LADIES REALLY ENJOYED THE EVENT AS IT WAS THEIR FIRST TOURNAMENT AND THOUGHT THEY WOULD BE BORED. GOD WILLING, WE WILL BE IN EUROPE NEXT YEAR AND HOPEFULLY WE CAN STRUCTURE COSTS SO MANY AMERICAN FANS CAN JOIN US. OUR GUYS GAVE IT THEIR BEST INCLUDING JOHNNY ARCHER'S SON WHO RECOGNIZED THAT DAD'S ARE ALWAYS THE BEST. ( JOHNNY, KIM: NEXT YEAR, TEACH JOHNNY'S SON TO TOUT YOUR POOL ROOM IN ATLANTA WHILE BEING INTERVIEWED)

RALF, SEHR GUT !!!!!!!!!!!

I finally actually read your post. Good post, Guru. That's cool you'll be going to Europe next year to pull for the US. I'm sure you'll have a blast, and the American team will be happy to have your support! :)

COLLECTION GURU
12-18-2007, 11:29 AM
Collection Guru's posts are usually pretty decent if you're looking at the content. I can look past the formatting, especially when it leads to an awesome pissing contest like this. That's not to say that all caps and large font is fun to read or anything.

DCP's posts on the other hand are horrible regardless of how well he capitalizes, punctuates and spells.

Defending GC isn't going to make you any more friends at this point DCP. Maybe if you just track him and quote all his posts without the caps and massive pink Arial that might make you some new friends. I would hate you a little bit less.

Wasn't there a 'Fast Larry' that posted exclusively in caps? I'm not 100% but I don't ever remember him getting shit for it. Keep on rockin' Collection Guru.

BY THE WAY, THE PINK WAS USED IN RESPONSE TO RUSS ORDERING ME TO STOP AS I WANTED PEOPLE TO SEE THE JERK HE IS AFTER I TRIED TO MAKE HIS TIME IN IRAQ A LITTLE MORE PLEASANT. ANOTHER THING, I NEVER SAID PEOPLE WERE WEAKER THAN ME OR LESS IMPORTANT OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT. NO ONE HAS THE RIGHT TO TELL ANYONE WHAT TO DO EXCEPT A PARENT OR MAYBE AN EMPLOYER. ( OF COURSE A WIFE )

GOING THROUGH LIFE DOING WHAT PEOPLE TELL YOU TO DO WILL MAKE YOU AVERAGE AND WHO WANTS TO BE AVERAGE? WHILE I WILL CONTINUE TO USE CAPS NOT TO PISS PEOPLE OFF BUT BECAUSE I DON'T DO THINGS I AM "ORDERED" TO DO; I WOULD RATHER DO THINGS TO HELP OTHERS WITHOUT BEING ASKED TO OR RECEIVING CREDIT FOR DOING SO.

COLLECTION GURU ( A NAME I WAS GIVEN BY AN INDUSTRY AND NOT SELECTED BY ME)

CrossSideLarry
12-18-2007, 11:29 AM
[QUOTE=COLLECTION GURU]MOSCONIAC; I HIT A 400' + MONSTER OFF OF JUAN MARICHAL; I CAN SEE JUST FINE.

Not taking issue with the "Caps" discussion, but, am most curious to know what is a "400' + MONSTER" ??? Is this perhaps some species of animal that presumably you shot from afar, possibly with benefit of a high powered rifle and scope? Again, just curious.

Cross Side Larry

"Learn from the best and beat the rest"

Vahmurka
12-18-2007, 11:58 AM
regadless of who is writing ALL CAPS text is not very hard to read when it is 2 to 4 lines of text. And it is very hard and tiring to read when there are more.
I would prefer users be polite to each other and if there are plenty of requests not to use caps... but USA is a democratic country and everyone's freedom is of no question.

or I should have written it like this:
.tub ASU si a citarcomed yrtnuoc dna s'enoyreve modeerf si fo on noitseuq.
Reads nice on your cell or BlackBerry if you have a mirror nearby :D

COLLECTION GURU
12-18-2007, 12:01 PM
regadless of who is writing ALL CAPS text is not very hard to read when it is 2 to 4 lines of text. And it is very hard and tiring to read when there are more.
I would prefer users be polite to each other and if there are plenty of requests not to use caps... but USA is a democratic country and everyone's freedom is of no question.

or I should have written it like this:
.tub ASU si a citarcomed yrtnuoc dna s'enoyreve modeerf si fo on noitseuq.
Reads nice on your cell or BlackBerry if you have a mirror nearby :D

GREAT IDEA; THANKS

David Beck
12-18-2007, 12:07 PM
Well, personally I didn't mind the all-caps post, however rude I thought it to be. If I were on a smaller screen I probably would not have read it, and missed out on the content of the post - which was very good and I'm glad I was able to read it.

But trying to manipulate the posters by claiming you "might" have a vision problem (Which doesn't make sense anyhow as it wouldn't help you read the replies), and then saying "I never said I had a vision problem", is a little over the line.

Then you claim that the only reason you post in all-caps is because you're not going to do what someone tells you to, which again doesn't make sense because it's you who chose to post in all-caps in the first place. Good luck with the whole rebel thing by the way. Who cares if it's rude if you don't care, right?

Lastly, you act as if the contributions you make in real life somehow justify your right to act rudely and ignore proper etiquette. I don't know of any place in the real world you would get away with this.

However, that being said, I'm not going to tell you what to do simply because I lack the authority to, and because you seem like a nice enough guy. Also, like I said, it doesn't bother me personally. But as a "citizen" of this forum, I feel it is my right to express my opinion and to try to make this a better place. I have a feeling that when the other members of this community choose to quit reading the all-caps posts altogether, you may change your mind.

Good luck with whichever route you choose to take.

Bigjohn
12-18-2007, 12:07 PM
READ RUSS' NOTE; IF THAT DOESN'T JUSTIFY MY RESPONSE THAN SKIP MINE AND FATBOY AND I WILL JUST WRITE EACH OTHER. BY THE WAY, I DIDN'T SAY I HAVE A VISION ISSUE DID I? PERHAPS YOU SHOULD READ MORE CLOSELY? IF THEY READ ON A CELL, THEY HAVE A VISION ISSUE I GUESS AND NOT THE WRITER. I READ ON MY BLACKBERRY, CELL AND I-PHONE AND MAKE DO. SORRY I DIFFER IN RESPONDING TO RC AFTER HE GIVES ME HIS FINAL DEMAND EVEN AFTER MY GIFT TO HIM, A TOTAL STRANGER; NOW I JUST KNOW HE IS JUST "STRANGER". BY THE WAY, LAST YEAR I BOUGHT 400 WPBA TICKETS FOR RETURNING IRAQ MARINES FROM THE SAN DIEGO BASE AND DESPITE RC'S LACK OF GRATITUDE, I INTEND TO DO EVEN MORE IN
2008. AS LAST YEAR, THE NOTIFICATION TO OUR HEROES FOR THE TICKETS WILL BE IN CAPS; DIDN'T SCARE THEM LAST YEAR AS THEY WERE MORE APPRECIATIVE OF THE GESTURE THAN THE SIZE OR COLORS OF THE LETTERS DISTRIBUTED TO EACH OF THEM ANNOUNCING THE EVENT.

I personally don't care one way or the other... SCREAM all you want!...knock yourself out!

Russ Chewning
12-18-2007, 12:11 PM
All,

Sorry if I came across as overbearing. I really am trying to stop doing that.

CG... I am sorry I did not remember you on the forums from having sent the package earlier in the year. We corresponded directly through email, and I came to associate you with your real name, not your nickname on here. Considering you sent a package out of the goodness of your heart, I now realize you are not using all caps just to be mean spirited. (Hopefully?) Keep in mind however, some (dare I say most?) people on forums who use all caps are doing it specifically to drive everyone else crazy. Without associating you with your emails, it looked to me like a guy who insisted on using caps just to bother everyone.

I jumped to conclusions because I know that I myself have seen quite a few people ask you to please stop using all caps. If you have vision problems, every Windows operating system comes with a magnifying glass application to help with typing.

If you want to be an "independent man" and insist on continuing to use all caps, that is certainly your choice. Others on here are just trying to tell you that not a lot of people are going to read your posts.

What's more important? Establishing your dominance, or getting out good information in the forums? :D

I hope I did not ruin your day, man....

Russ

deadwhak
12-18-2007, 12:17 PM
ive argued enough with my wife today..came here to get away from it and hear more arguing here! geesh!!!

ineedaspot
12-18-2007, 12:17 PM
I don't post here all that much and usually stay out of this kind of discussion. But, it's too bad, IMO, that a good post about Ralf Souquet has turned into a semi-antagonistic thread about posting etiquette.

On one hand, I'm not a fan of telling people how to express themselves. On the other hand, it's really kind of hard to read paragraphs in all-caps.

BTW, if you really want to read something in all-caps, you can paste it into Word and go to Format>Change Case>Sentence Case. Its kind of a lot of effort just to read a post on an internet forum, but for me it's less of a pain than reading the all-caps. This thread caught my attention, but like a lot of posters have said, ordinarily I would just skip a post in all-caps rather than going through the trouble.

For the record, here's what the original post would have been in regular case. As much as a post should be judged on content rather than capitalization, I feel it's better this way. Just my opinion though.

Cheers.

As i mentioned in our whining between the american fans and the european visitors; i sent ralf souquet a memo before the tournament, who i have never met, mentioning how weird it felt to pull for earl who sometimes acts to embarrass his team and country over ralf who demonstrates the class the athletic world needs. With no reminder from me, ralf responded today with a classy note and offered to meet at dcc. Ralf understands i am an american first and always pull for my country with or without earl.

I also mentioned that earl was provoked by drago and peach in ways that i have yet to see mentioned but i witnessed. As someone who watched earl at 19 he has acted in ways most of us don't like but no worse than drago or peach. Hell it is a game and a lot of the fun is arguing about nonsense as for whatever reason we pull for our team. Mike sigel had his yes man and earl's yes men is the audience as he really is talking to himself. As far as i know, no one got killed or bruised and the europeans won fair and square albeit i hate the rule changes but we agreed to them so that's that.

A word(s) to the the great matchroom sports team who were very professional in every aspect i witnessed and look forward to the telecast of the 4 days. I was lucky to go with my wife and mother-in-law who at 86, was treated special by luke riches which i appreciate very much.

Next year, i am going to try and work with matchroom sports to try and obtain tickets and discounted airfare to cheer our team in europe and i will prepare chants, signs, songs and music to make our men feel well represented. My ladies really enjoyed the event as it was their first tournament and thought they would be bored. God willing, we will be in europe next year and hopefully we can structure costs so many american fans can join us. Our guys gave it their best including johnny archer's son who recognized that dad's are always the best. ( johnny, kim: next year, teach johnny's son to tout your pool room in atlanta while being interviewed)

JoeyA
12-18-2007, 12:40 PM

JOHN, IF YOU DID IN FACT DO THE DEEDS OUTLINED IN THE PARAGRAPH ABOVE, YOU HAVE MY UTMOST RESPECT AND APPRECIATION. YOU ARE A GUY WHO I COULD BREAK BREAD WITH. PLEASE CONTINUE TO POST HOWEVER YOU SEE FIT. :)

I ALMOST MISSED THIS POST IF IT WEREN'T FOR "DREW" SUGGESTING THIS THREAD FOR EYE EXERCISE. :D

SEMPER FI,

JOEYA

poolcuemaster
12-18-2007, 12:41 PM
All I can say is I like reading post from Collection Guru so I wont let the capitol letters bother me and I hope I can meet alot of you guys at DCC this year. Merry Christmas To ALL FROM NORTH CAROLINA.

LEONARD

SEE YOU AT DCC LAST THREE DAYS OF 9 BALL

David Beck
12-18-2007, 12:48 PM
I don't post here all that much and usually stay out of this kind of discussion. But, it's too bad, IMO, that a good post about Ralf Souquet has turned into a semi-antagonistic thread about posting etiquette.

On one hand, I'm not a fan of telling people how to express themselves. On the other hand, it's really kind of hard to read paragraphs in all-caps.

BTW, if you really want to read something in all-caps, you can paste it into Word and go to Format>Change Case>Sentence Case. Its kind of a lot of effort just to read a post on an internet forum, but for me it's less of a pain than reading the all-caps. This thread caught my attention, but like a lot of posters have said, ordinarily I would just skip a post in all-caps rather than going through the trouble.

For the record, here's what the original post would have been in regular case. As much as a post should be judged on content rather than capitalization, I feel it's better this way. Just my opinion though.

Cheers.

Nicely done.

JoeyA
12-18-2007, 12:50 PM
And to illustrate the point that he is doing it just to annoy everyone, take a look at the title of the thread... Typed "normally" with both capital and lower case letters.

Hopefully he'll take the hint.

Russ

Russ, you can be a dolt at times. Sometimes many times. I like your spunk but you got it wrong here. The title if typed in ALL UPPER CASE LETTERS will be shown as above. Yeah, I saw your apology to John. You just owe him another one for insinuating that he normally posts in upper and lower case letters. Now you are attacking his character.

Fix it.
JoeyA

Russ Chewning
12-18-2007, 01:02 PM
Russ, you can be a dolt at times. Sometimes many times. I like your spunk but you got it wrong here. The title if typed in ALL UPPER CASE LETTERS will be shown as above. Yeah, I saw your apology to John. You just owe him another one for insinuating that he normally posts in upper and lower case letters. Now you are attacking his character.

Fix it.
JoeyA

JoeyA,

I stand corrected, sir.. I'll change that post...

Russ

COLLECTION GURU
12-18-2007, 01:03 PM
All I can say is I like reading post from Collection Guru so I wont let the capitol letters bother me and I hope I can meet alot of you guys at DCC this year. Merry Christmas To ALL FROM NORTH CAROLINA.

LEONARD

SEE YOU AT DCC LAST THREE DAYS OF 9 BALL

WAS JUST THERE TAKING LESSONS FROM ALLISON AND GERDA IN CHARLOTTE. GREAT EXPERIENCE AND IMPROVED MY PATHETIC GAME 50%. WILL BE BACK WHEN THEY RETURN FROM UK GLOATING AS I ENJOY GIVING SOPHIA (ALLISON) A HARD TIME AS SHE ANSWERS HER PHONE AS A BRITISH MAID. SEE YOU AT DCC.

COLLECTION GURU
12-18-2007, 01:14 PM
All,

Sorry if I came across as overbearing. I really am trying to stop doing that.

CG... I am sorry I did not remember you on the forums from having sent the package earlier in the year. We corresponded directly through email, and I came to associate you with your real name, not your nickname on here. Considering you sent a package out of the goodness of your heart, I now realize you are not using all caps just to be mean spirited. (Hopefully?) Keep in mind however, some (dare I say most?) people on forums who use all caps are doing it specifically to drive everyone else crazy. Without associating you with your emails, it looked to me like a guy who insisted on using caps just to bother everyone.

I jumped to conclusions because I know that I myself have seen quite a few people ask you to please stop using all caps. If you have vision problems, every Windows operating system comes with a magnifying glass application to help with typing.

If you want to be an "independent man" and insist on continuing to use all caps, that is certainly your choice. Others on here are just trying to tell you that not a lot of people are going to read your posts.

What's more important? Establishing your dominance, or getting out good information in the forums? :D

I hope I did not ruin your day, man....

Russ

THE EUROPEANS RUINED MY DAY NOT THIS CRAP. IF ONE IS NOT INDEPENDENT A LOUSY LIFE IS ON IT'S WAY. THE DOMINANCE IS NOT FROM ME BUT THOSE THAT THINK THEY CAN TELL OTHERS HOW TO WRITE; THEY ARE TRYING TO DOMINATE ME AND THAT WON'T HAPPEN. RUSS, I WILL ASSUME THIS IS A MILD APOLOGY WHETHER IT IS OR NOT. I SEEM TO REMEMBER THAT YOU WERE GOING TO BE AT THE DCC THE LAST FEW DAYS. IF MY PATHETIC MEMORY IS CORRECT, JOIN ME IN MY TV SEATS FOR A WHILE AND WATCH SOME MATCHES IF YOU WANT. OOOPPPSSSS, BY THE WAY, THE SEATS WILL HAVE MY NAME ON THE BACK IN ALL CAPS; WASN'T MY DOING I PROMISE.

SAFE TRAVEL AND LET YOUR KIDS WRITE IN CAPS FOR A WHILE AS YOU WILL STILL LOVE THEM.

bruceree
12-18-2007, 01:30 PM
Too bad nobody could change your mind. I would've liked to have read your posts.

ignore.

Williebetmore
12-18-2007, 01:34 PM
THE DOMINANCE IS NOT FROM ME BUT THOSE THAT THINK THEY CAN TELL OTHERS HOW TO WRITE; THEY ARE TRYING TO DOMINATE ME AND THAT WON'T HAPPEN.

CG,
Hey, how about a bribe.....I'll buy you breakfast at Lynne's Paradise Cafe (coolest restaurant in Louisville) if you stop using the capitals. Surely that appeals to the "capitalist" in you (sorry for the pun).....well....as long as your dietitian isn't along with us; nobody would stop using caps for one lettuce leaf, a half a cracker, and a cup of hot water.

As far as the pink writing goes......well.....there's probably no help for someone who does that.

COLLECTION GURU
12-18-2007, 01:44 PM
Too bad nobody could change your mind. I would've liked to have read your posts.

ignore.

OOOOOPPPPPPSSSSSSSS, YOU WON'T SEE THIS!!!!! HOW DUMB AM I? NO RESPONSE NECESSARY

COLLECTION GURU
12-18-2007, 01:49 PM
CG,
Hey, how about a bribe.....I'll buy you breakfast at Lynne's Paradise Cafe (coolest restaurant in Louisville) if you stop using the capitals. Surely that appeals to the "capitalist" in you (sorry for the pun).....well....as long as your dietitian isn't along with us; nobody would stop using caps for one lettuce leaf, a half a cracker, and a cup of hot water.

As far as the pink writing goes......well.....there's probably no help for someone who does that.

NOT EVEN FOR YOU WILLIE; I AM NOT A CAPITALIST ( GREAT PUN )AT ALL COSTS KIND OF GUY. IF I WAS, I WOULD HAVE A LOT MORE DOUGH. I FIND IT MORE DIFFICULT TO READ CAPS, NO CAPS, ALL SMALL, ETC. BEFORE YOU TRY, NOT EVEN FOR JL ALTHOUGH I MIGHT BE TEMPTED. I WILL STILL TAKE THE BREAKFAST THOUGH.

SEE YOU THERE.

Lucky#Nine
12-18-2007, 03:55 PM
As people here find it difficult reading your posts, to me its much more difficult to remember how this thread started :confused:
But what I wanted you, John, to know: I will be there next year, so I wanted to ask you and all other AZers to meet. I will gladly invite you and every other AZer for a beer or two. Regards, Tim

jay helfert
12-18-2007, 06:14 PM
Although, All Caps is hard for me to read. It is also my perogative to ignore such posts. I don't like but I guess it is up to me whether or not I read CG's posts. CG is a very generous person from what he tells us. That is all good, but I will refrain from reading many of his posts as long as he continues to do so in ALL CAPS for reasons stated above.

It seems to be an issue that he does not want to be told what to do! Since many of have asked politely and yes some have been a bit harsh in their wording, he will continue to do as he wishes. So be it!!! If we don't like it, we don't have to read them. Which will be my choice. No hard feelings, either way.

Best Wishes to all, JBK

Speaking of text, I kind of like the bold reddish print you use on your post here. It is easier for me to read. I can even take off my glasses. :D

Koop
12-18-2007, 06:32 PM
RALF RESPONDED TODAY WITH A CLASSY NOTE AND OFFERED TO MEET AT DCC.

Ralf is pure class. Plain and simple.

jay helfert
12-18-2007, 09:38 PM
I hesitate to weigh in on this issue, not only because the participants have obviously gotten passionate, but because my feelings on the matter are going to be at odds with someone involved if not both. I believe that we here on AZB need to get beyond this kind of thing from now on. It's similar to my feelings about the sale of a cue that's priced way too high. Don't publicly insult or correct the seller, just click back on your browser and don't inquire any further. In this case, if the moderators here (are there any?) don't see fit or have the time to ask a member to post in "normal" small and large case than I'll just ignore it. Honestly, I'm more annoyed by the poster who capitalizes the first letter of every word. Now for me, that's hard to read!

In spite of internet etiquette, I can ignore either the all large caps or all the posters future posts, at my discretion. I've noticed another member who states, "Yes, I use large caps, and no, I'm not yelling". To me that's not funny. To him I guess it is. Regardless, even if I were a moderator I wouldn't think of ordering a poster not to dare to post in all large caps again. If I were going to warn him I'd simply say that it was offensive to some and considered poor etiquette. To do it politely in a PM would probably be better. By the same token, if someone was that foolish to think that he as just another member could command me to change my posting style, I wouldn't dream of lowering myself to name calling and insults. That is equally childish and lowering myself to the standards of the other guy. We can do better and should!

Pool players are subject to a lot of criticism, both by the general public and amongst ourselves. Why contribute to the ammunition of the naysayer's? Why not try to rise above this and act as...dare I say gentlemen and ladies? It's a novel approach...Tom

Tap Tap Tap

cuetechasaurus
12-19-2007, 08:45 AM
Collection Guru, did you send those things to Russ knowing that he is not a soldier? I believe he is there as a civilian for financial gain, and he has mentioned that he is doing very, very well financially because of it. He has also mentioned that he is not in harm's way.

Just thought I'd point that out, since I've noticed that alot of people will commend him for being a soldier in Iraq, and Russ will fail to correct them on that.

I honestly do wish him well over there. But being a former soldier myself and coming from a long family line of soldiers, I tend to get a little annoyed when people commend him for being a hero, and thank him for serving our country over there, and he fails ( quite often) to correct them.

No offense intended Russ, this just seems to happen alot and I think it's disrespectful towards real soldiers who have been/are over there.

Island Drive
12-19-2007, 09:02 AM

Hey bowler, just tell em to change the font size and it'll be as small as non caps--go get em Tex, and Tex where are you NOW, I need to to straighten out a couple of key board nannism NANNIES :D .

JoeyA
12-19-2007, 09:38 AM
Collection Guru, did you send those things to Russ knowing that he is not a soldier? I believe he is there as a civilian for financial gain, and he has mentioned that he is doing very, very well financially because of it. He has also mentioned that he is not in harm's way.

Just thought I'd point that out, since I've noticed that alot of people will commend him for being a soldier in Iraq, and Russ will fail to correct them on that.

I honestly do wish him well over there. But being a former soldier myself and coming from a long family line of soldiers, I tend to get a little annoyed when people commend him for being a hero, and thank him for serving our country over there, and he fails ( quite often) to correct them.

No offense intended Russ, this just seems to happen alot and I think it's disrespectful towards real soldiers who have been/are over there.

I don't know if you will get a response from Collection Guru or not but like you, I like to clarify things from time to time. I've mentioned before that Russ is not serving in Iraq as a soldier. Some people do not get that because they do not read all or most of all of the posts by Russ.

To Russ's credit (since I've called him on the dolt stuff), he has responded and openly admitted that he is not a soldier serving in Iraq. It is difficult to monitor or correct what people assume about Russ's role in Iraq.

Like you I get annoyed at some people who assume that he is a soldier and a hero fighting for our country in Iraq at this time. That honor should be exclusively reserved for soldiers actually doing the fight.

That being said, it takes guts to be an American civilian over there, working, making money and supporting our soldiers. Russ still gets a thumbs up from me. He deserves the money he is making.

OUR ALL VOLUNTEER FIGHTING SOLDIERS DESERVE FAR MORE (of everything) THAN THEY GET.

Thanks for the clarification Cuetechasaurus. You are spot on! REP to you.

JoeyA

cuetechasaurus
12-19-2007, 10:13 AM
I don't know if you will get a response from Collection Guru or not but like you, I like to clarify things from time to time. I've mentioned before that Russ is not serving in Iraq as a soldier. Some people do not get that because they do not read all or most of all of the posts by Russ.

To Russ's credit (since I've called him on the dolt stuff), he has responded and openly admitted that he is not a soldier serving in Iraq. It is difficult to monitor or correct what people assume about Russ's role in Iraq.

Like you I get annoyed at some people who assume that he is a soldier and a hero fighting for our country in Iraq at this time. That honor should be exclusively reserved for soldiers actually doing the fight.

That being said, it takes guts to be an American civilian over there, working, making money and supporting our soldiers. Russ still gets a thumbs up from me. He deserves the money he is making.

OUR ALL VOLUNTEER FIGHTING SOLDIERS DESERVE FAR MORE (of everything) THAN THEY GET.

JoeyA

Thanks Joey. I am not annoyed at the people who think he is a soldier. The only time I saw him ever admit he isn't a soldier, was when someone other than myself called him on it. Otherwise, he will let someone continue praising him for being a brave soldier serving our country. And believe me, he notices it when it happens, because alot of the time he has dozens of posts in whatever thread is in question.

Craig Fales
12-19-2007, 10:58 AM
ive argued enough with my wife today..came here to get away from it and hear more arguing here! geesh!!!
I know the feeling...this place is getting real bad with the pettiness...

COLLECTION GURU
12-19-2007, 11:17 AM

JoeyA

JOEY, I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOUR VIEWS. I EVENTUALLY CONCLUDED HE WAS A CIVILIAN BUT DID NOT FEEL DECEIVED AS HE WAS AN AMERICAN, AN AZ'ER, AND A POOL FAN. IN RUSS' DEFENSE, I SAW HIS ADDRESS AS IRAQ AND ASKED IF HE WOULD LIKE TAPES.

JoeyA
12-19-2007, 12:53 PM
Thanks Joey. I am not annoyed at the people who think he is a soldier. The only time I saw him ever admit he isn't a soldier, was when someone other than myself called him on it. Otherwise, he will let someone continue praising him for being a brave soldier serving our country. And believe me, he notices it when it happens, because alot of the time he has dozens of posts in whatever thread is in question.

I haven't seen Russ do much to correct someone when they have praised him for being a brave soldier serving our country.

Perhaps he is just too busy to notice and hopefully he will be more vigilant in the future. It is an honorable thing to do for sure and even if it becomes laborious, I think he is duty bound.

I may be mistaken but I think Russ once was a soldier. Russ?

JoeyA

Russ Chewning
12-19-2007, 01:19 PM
I'm not going to get into a pissing match with anybody on here about HOW MUCH I correct people on here on not being a soldier.

cuetechasaurus, I am sorry the 10 or 15 times I have corrected people on here as to my status on here are not enough for you. I really do appreciate you clarifying. It means I don't have to make a post to do so. It does get tiresome after a while. Suffice it to say I have corrected enough people so that ALL REGULAR POSTERS know my status.

cuetechasaurus, you seem to have a real problem with me. Fair enough. I've said some stuff that could be considered callous. But "bending the truth" to fit your own purposes is a little bit deceitful, don't you think? I DID say I don't personally go outside the wire and shoot bad guys, but I do remember telling a few people on the board about waking up every other day a few months back with mortars exploding around me. In case you did not know, I am not in the Green Zone, buddy. A civilian on my team caught a piece of shrapnel from a mortar his first day on the job, and stayed. Another civilian left after the first big barrage. It does take a certain level of commitment to be here. A civilian working here was killed by a mortar that landed less than 10 feet from the back entrance where I go to work every night.

And JoeyA, I'll bet you TEN MOTHERF**KING GRAND right NOW, you NEVER saw me respond to a post that praised me AS A SOLDIER, for my service, without correcting them.

JoeyA, you've always been cool with me, which is the whole REASON I responded to your post in this thread and made a correction (I won't do that for some people, because I just don't like them), and the fact that you would tag team with cuetechasaurus disappoints me greatly.

I SPECIFICALLY STOPPED POSTING in the Non Pool Related forums to avoid getting angry, and I am doing my best to be a happier person, and I do struggle from time to time, (as the beginning of this thread attests..) but I AM TRYING.

And attacks like this just make it SO HARD. But for YOU guys, just so I can assuage your anguish when people thank me "for my service" (Note, I've corrected people just for this term, then they come back with "Civilians serve in Iraq too, so thank you anyways...") I will take my location down. I'm tired of attacks, and people like you two make me feel guilty about being here.

Russ

JoeyA
12-19-2007, 04:27 PM
I'm not going to get into a pissing match with anybody on here about HOW MUCH I correct people on here on not being a soldier.

cuetechasaurus, I am sorry the 10 or 15 times I have corrected people on here as to my status on here are not enough for you. I really do appreciate you clarifying. It means I don't have to make a post to do so. It does get tiresome after a while. Suffice it to say I have corrected enough people so that ALL REGULAR POSTERS know my status.

cuetechasaurus, you seem to have a real problem with me. Fair enough. I've said some stuff that could be considered callous. But "bending the truth" to fit your own purposes is a little bit deceitful, don't you think? I DID say I don't personally go outside the wire and shoot bad guys, but I do remember telling a few people on the board about waking up every other day a few months back with mortars exploding around me. In case you did not know, I am not in the Green Zone, buddy. A civilian on my team caught a piece of shrapnel from a mortar his first day on the job, and stayed. Another civilian left after the first big barrage. It does take a certain level of commitment to be here. A civilian working here was killed by a mortar that landed less than 10 feet from the back entrance where I go to work every night.

And JoeyA, I'll bet you TEN MOTHERF**KING GRAND right NOW, you NEVER saw me respond to a post that praised me AS A SOLDIER, for my service, without correcting them.

JoeyA, you've always been cool with me, which is the whole REASON I responded to your post in this thread and made a correction (I won't do that for some people, because I just don't like them), and the fact that you would tag team with cuetechasaurus disappoints me greatly.

I SPECIFICALLY STOPPED POSTING in the Non Pool Related forums to avoid getting angry, and I am doing my best to be a happier person, and I do struggle from time to time, (as the beginning of this thread attests..) but I AM TRYING.

And attacks like this just make it SO HARD. But for YOU guys, just so I can assuage your anguish when people thank me "for my service" (Note, I've corrected people just for this term, then they come back with "Civilians serve in Iraq too, so thank you anyways...") I will take my location down. I'm tired of attacks, and people like you two make me feel guilty about being here.

Russ

Russ, I'm sorry if you have any hard feelings toward me or Cuetechasaurus.

FTR, I don't tag team on any one or with anyone. I side with people on certain issues that I feel strongly about but I don't believe in the tag-teaming. That's something I've always despised especially on this forum where a couple of posters who don't like someone rides herd on every post the person makes and snipes at them from every and all angles.

You should not feel guilty being here (whether you mean AZ or Iraq). I think it takes lots of balls to go where there is known danger and work. And yes you do work for the military in a civilian capacity. Nothing wrong with that. The government needs all the good help they can get.

I don't ride herd on every post you or anyone else makes. You might have answered every post where someone has suggested you were a soldier and I just missed them. I could easily be wrong. If I am, I apologize without hesitation.

As I said, I don't read every post and I'm not going to go back and AZoogle all of the threads you posted in and suggest that others need not do that either.

I think Cuetechasaurus and others like us respect the brotherhood that we share and sometimes might be considered over-protective of those brothers and sisters who have serving in combat fighting for our country's interests. I'm sorry but I won't apologize for that and won't change my mind on that. You will simply have to condone that for me as it is my Achilles heel.

You have always been a valuable contributor to the Main Forum, controversial at times, volatile with emotion at times, but overall a valuable contributor and one that would be missed by many of us.

Chill my man! You are doing a valuable service to our country. Hang around. AZ wouldn't be the same without you.

Sincerely,
JoeyA

ShootingArts
12-19-2007, 04:39 PM
I don't mind slapping a knot on Russ's head when he needs it but I do know I have read his posts saying he is a civilian in Iraq many times. I can't recall ever seeing him claiming to be a soldier or trying to mislead people although I do suspect that he hasn't corrected every post individually simply because there have been so many of them some are almost bound to get by.

This forum as a whole supports our soldiers wholeheartedly and our vets and has a special regard for both. Best I recall Russ is actually in harm's way but there to make a buck while helping out as a contract hand. That isn't on the same level as being a soldier but at the same time it takes a lot of guts especially with a family at home. I wish him well and a safe return to his family.

Hu

Russ Chewning
12-19-2007, 06:06 PM
Thanks, guys. I really did pretty much quit posting in the non pool forum to avoid these kinds of discussions. I guess I brought it on myself by getting onto someone about typing in all caps, so I'll try not to take it to heart.

Sometimes I just spout off in chat without thinking. I'm trying to get better. But just so everyone knows, I have never tried to gain any favors by making anyone think I am a soldier still. In fact, I posted in one thread in the non pool forum recently, specifically to try to get some Starbuck's coffee for the soldiers I work with. If people start offering me anything and I get the idea they think I am a soldier, I quickly disabuse them of the notion.

I'd much rather people send the unit I work with stuff than to send me anything. Funny thing about that. I was watching some Accu-Stats videos at my desk on night shift, and left one in my computer drive. The soldier that uses my desk during the day saw it in the drive and just about wet himself, he being a pool freak. He wanted badly to borrow it, but had never met me. A lady civilian he works with told me one day she had a soldier that plays, and had wanted to borrow the disk. I told her to tell him to borrow them any time I leave them here, just to make sure the disk gets back to me in a day or two.

Any time a soldier takes the slightest interest in the game, I try to be as supportive as possible. It's sad. There are a whole lot fewer soldiers interested in pool than when I was a younger man.

Russ

Fatboy
12-19-2007, 11:06 PM
i dont take anything on the internet to seriously, i make it a happy place for me, I have enough drama in my life-the last thing i need is to get worked up over something I read online. I very rarely make posts in a negitive way, if its positive I dont post it.

Russ Chewning
12-19-2007, 11:58 PM
Yah.. But I was beat repeatedly about the head,chest, and neck with bamboo as a child.

There's a lot of pent up rage against that damn Japanese couple that lived next door, you know? :D :D :D

I'm trying man... I'm trying.

Russ

cuetechasaurus
12-21-2007, 05:16 AM
Sorry Russ. I don't dislike you or have a grudge. The reason I brought this up is because in this thread, collection guru spoke to you as if he thought you were in the military, and you didn't correct him. Maybe you thought he knew you arent, but it didn't seem like it. Several times in the past, it was something similar to this that I noticed, but I didn't speak up. This time out of annoyance I spoke up. Basically the same way you made your first post in this thread to collection guru, you were annoyed with him.

I didn't know you used to be in the military, and I certainly didn't know that it's not that safe where you are. I remember you saying a while back that you were safe and sound over there, or something like that. But then again, I don't think it's safe anywhere in Iraq right now. Risking yourself out there to take care of your family back here, that's a noble thing to do. So just to clarify, no I don't have a grudge against you. I recall you saying some things in the past that were abrasive towards me, but I don't take that stuff personally.

And about JoeyA- He wasn't trying to double team you or anything like that. He must have noticed what I noticed too. He gave you the benefit of the doubt, which was a nice thing to do. That goes to show why he's one of the most respected members on this forum. No hard feelings Russ, TTYL.