PDA

View Full Version : Banking-How many rails have you witnessed or made?

Ky Boy
12-18-2007, 07:14 PM
A buddy just opened a new pool room here in Kentucky and while helping him out today I tried to see how many rails I could bank a ball and make it. I made a 7-rail bank!!!:eek: That is the most I have ever made. 5 being the previous. I just wondered how many rails have you guys made or even witnessed. If I knew how to use cuetable I would post the shot. But I don't. So I would like to hear from you guys on this. If you can post the way in which you made the shot or , again, witnessed it. Thanks!!!

Gary

TheWizard
12-18-2007, 07:33 PM
I have made the 5 rail kick that Willie Mosconi made to win his 1st world title match against Andrew Ponzi in 1941, that's the most rails that I've played in any bank or kick shot that I know of :)

The most rails I have seen played, was in an old video clip, showing an 8 cushion draw masse carom on a 3 cushion table and I think that it may have been Johnny Layton that made the shot, but I'm not too sure, perhaps someone can ellaborate on this? :)

Willie

cyrex
12-18-2007, 07:49 PM
If you watch trick shot competitions on TV the Do-or-Die round (incase of a tie score) is an 8/9 rail bank shot to a $100 dollar bill. Closest to the bill wins.

Ky Boy
12-18-2007, 07:51 PM
If you watch trick shot competitions on TV the Do-or-Die round (incase of a tie score) is an 8/9 rail bank shot to a $100 dollar bill. Closest to the bill wins.

I have seen that but unfortunately it is not the same. It is cueball only and not into a pocket.

Gary

instroke75
12-18-2007, 08:05 PM
Einstein said " all balls are dead, 14 rails or less! " , that's all i know about banking...............jeremy

Ky Boy
12-18-2007, 09:04 PM
A buddy just opened a new pool room here in Kentucky and while helping him out today I tried to see how many rails I could bank a ball and make it. I made a 7-rail bank!!!:eek: That is the most I have ever made. 5 being the previous. I just wondered how many rails have you guys made or even witnessed. If I knew how to use cuetable I would post the shot. But I don't. So I would like to hear from you guys on this. If you can post the way in which you made the shot or , again, witnessed it. Thanks!!!

Gary

OK I hope this works! This is the shot or close. This is just to give you an idea of the shot I was talking about. My first cuetable post. Hope it works. My fingers are crossed.

http://CueTable.com/P/?@2GPby2PKHG2kKHG3kdMj3kVdq1kcWK1kSSr3kcTK4kMfn4kc Vm2kati2kadl@

shinyballs
12-18-2007, 09:19 PM
I made a one railer the other day. Man was it sweet! :eek:

bigskyjake
12-18-2007, 10:30 PM
The most I've ever hit was 5 while playing against a friend. After nailing it I "rode the bull" around the table a couple times and didn't shut up about it for about a week

maxeypad2007
12-18-2007, 10:57 PM
So where is this new pool room at?

bigdaddygerald
12-18-2007, 11:02 PM
if your table is fast enough and you can keep the object ball on the table you can hit an 8 rail just like you hit the 7 you posted except shoot it like a 3 in the corner long table and play it long.

Ky Boy
12-19-2007, 05:34 AM
So where is this new pool room at?

It is in Campton. About 1 hour from Lexington up the Mountain Parkway. He has 2 7ft and 3 8 ft, at the moment. He is remodeling the lower section to accomodate a couple of 9's. Might be awhile on those but nevertheless a good place to play. He is going to start having tournaments before too long on Sundays. He still has a lot of work to do but it's gonna be great. Hope you come and check it out.

bigdaddygerald
if your table is fast enough and you can keep the object ball on the table you can hit an 8 rail just like you hit the 7 you posted except shoot it like a 3 in the corner long table and play it long

Thanks, I will definitely have to try that. The unbeleivable part about the shot is the tables are new but don't have Simonis on them. That will happen the next time they are covered.

Gary

kildegirl
12-21-2007, 09:27 PM

Gary WHY WOULD WE BOTHER ???????

your buddy better take good care of his tables with you wacking those rails

Ky Boy
12-22-2007, 07:53 AM
WHY WOULD WE BOTHER ???????

your buddy better take good care of his tables with you wacking those rails

post in this thread if you have nothing constructive to add!!!! Besides it was just for fun. You should try having some. Thank you!!

Gary