PDA

View Full Version : TheActionReport at the Derby!!!!

JCIN
12-19-2007, 04:39 AM
We are gonna have fun.:D

Thanks to Greg Sullivan and Diamond Billiard Products, along with Mark Griffin and the BCA Pool Leagues, TheActionReport.com is going to do something that has never been done before. We are gonna stream LIVE from the Derby City Action room. For free.

We will probably do a few Pay Per Views if the logistics work out but otherwise all of our coverage will be on our free Ustream channel.

Derekdisco is going to be hanging out doing his thing with us putting his own special flavor on the Derby experience. Buddy Hall will be helping us out as his schedule allows as will many of the pro's we have met and worked with so far.

First time EVER, EVER, EVER there is a bar box in the action room. We are going to have a camera on it as well as a 9 footer. More info on the daily schedule and individual matches will be posted in the near future.

If you have any suggestions for us while we are there, lets's hear 'em.

Here is the flyer :

Johnnyt
12-19-2007, 05:18 AM

Thanks to Greg Sullivan and Diamond Billiard Products, along with Mark Griffin and the BCA Pool Leagues, TheActionReport.com is going to do something that has never been done before. We are gonna stream LIVE from the Derby City Action room. For free.

We will probably do a few Pay Per Views if the logistics work out but otherwise all of our coverage will be on our free Ustream channel.

Derekdisco is going to be hanging out doing his thing with us putting his own special flavor on the Derby experience. Buddy Hall will be helping us out as his schedule allows as will many of the pro's we have met and worked with so far.

First time EVER, EVER, EVER there is a bar box in the action room. We are going to have a camera on it as well as a 9 footer. More info on the daily schedule and individual matches will be posted in the near future.

Here is the flyer :

What a great thing for you to do for us JCIN. Sounds like a great show. I hope one of the WPBA members will step up to play Monica...like one of the Fisher's, K. Corr, or "the Black Widow" Thanks in advance. Thanks also goes out to Mr. Sullivan and Mr. Griffin. Johnnyt

Gerry
12-19-2007, 05:23 AM
JUST what I was hoping for! With starting our new biz this year there is no way for me to get away to the Derby. This will be the next best thing! Thanks againg to the TAR and everyone over at Diamond for setting this up.

Gerry

JCIN
12-19-2007, 06:04 AM
What a great thing for you to do for us JCIN. Sounds like a great show. I hope one of the WPBA members will step up to play Monica...like one of the Fisher's, K. Corr, or "the Black Widow" Thanks in advance. Thanks also goes out to Mr. Sullivan and Mr. Griffin. Johnnyt
Thanks for the kind words Johnny. It sure isn't just me. It wouldn't happen without Chad and Jason. Mark and Greg are great guys, no BS, they just make things happens. Love those guys.

I really hope Monica finds a game. I know she is double tough for the cash, I would love to see her and Karen match up in an All Around. She is not looking to bet sky high, just a little something to make it interesting. Hope it comes off.

ShootingArts
12-19-2007, 07:09 AM
Thanks to everyone involved! The Action Report is rapidly developing into one of the nicest things that has happened for hardcore players and fans in a long time. As you mentioned, it takes cooperation and help from others to make it happen so a big thanks to everyone concerned.

Hu

derekdisco
12-19-2007, 07:21 AM
The action report is going to bring people at home the derby experience like no other! Sleeping schedules beware, youll be glued to the computer for a long time!!! :D :D :D :D

SpiderWebComm
12-19-2007, 07:31 AM
I'd like to take Hopkins in the SVB match for last-pocket 8 ball on the bar box if someone will give me a little weight (if they're playing per-set). Just cheap action for fun.

Dave

iba7467
12-19-2007, 07:52 AM
I'd like to see a women's all-around. If anyone else is interested, PM me. Maybe we can put someone in action against her. What are her all-around disciplines? Because if she'll play 9, straight, and carom ... she can bet what she wants if I could get Jeanette to play.

If we're talking 9, bank, and one pocket ... Monica would be hard to beat, but I'll still put some $$$ down just to make it happen.

Spider, I might like to sweat it... how much weight you talkin?

Dustin_J
12-19-2007, 07:57 AM
This is so cool. Big thanks to you guys at the Action Report; this is going to be a lot of fun!

JoeyA
12-19-2007, 08:05 AM
The action report is going to bring people at home the derby experience like no other! Sleeping schedules beware, youll be glued to the computer for a long time!!! :D :D :D :D

Greg and Mark are SMART cookies. They know that with the DCC experience being broadcast to more wannabees out there FREE OF CHARGE, that the DCC will continue to grow, probably at even greater proportions than in the past.

Can't wait to see how big of a disco globe they put up for Derek. :D
JoeyA

mr8ball
12-19-2007, 08:09 AM

Here is the flyer :

I just wanted to let you know that I am suppose to be there. If there is anything i can do to give you a hand please let me know. I am looking forward to it, Doug

curly
12-19-2007, 08:09 AM
Thanks to Chad, Justin, Gregg, Mark and all at TAR for making the streaming available! I will definately be watching it. Diamond and TAR have done alot for pool and so many really appreciate the effort it takes to do this.
Curly

gpeezy
12-19-2007, 08:19 AM
I'm gonna be on TV!
On a serious note www.theactionreport.com is doin a great job.

mosconiac
12-19-2007, 09:07 AM
I'm not able to make the DCC this year, so Thank You for bringing it to me! If that isn't good enough...you're bringing the action from 2 tables to my living room!

Thank You!
Justin, Chad, Greg, & Mark

Johnnyt
12-19-2007, 09:22 AM
If someone steps up to play Monica or two other women play I'll be looking for action. Anyone know if Ga Young Kim will be there? Johnnyt

SpiderWebComm
12-19-2007, 10:13 AM
I'd like to see a women's all-around. If anyone else is interested, PM me. Maybe we can put someone in action against her. What are her all-around disciplines? Because if she'll play 9, straight, and carom ... she can bet what she wants if I could get Jeanette to play.

If we're talking 9, bank, and one pocket ... Monica would be hard to beat, but I'll still put some $$$ down just to make it happen.

Hard to say w/out knowing how they're going to be gambling...depends on the length of the set or if it's an "ahead" game. Will you be at the Derby? If so, you'll see me there. Once I learn the lay of the land, we can decide something fair together. :)

Dave

EDIT: Just learned they're playing "per game." I'll take 2-1 on the money, $20/game... with the understanding we can re-adjust if things get a little outta hand. Your thoughts? Not looking to go-off, just looking for something friendly.

Cuebacca
12-19-2007, 10:33 AM

Awesome news! You guys are the best!

I have two suggestions/requests, if possible:

- TV balls
- Mics on each player

Thanks again for what you guys are doing!

Vahmurka
12-19-2007, 10:36 AM
I'm not able to make the DCC this year, so Thank You for bringing it to me! If that isn't good enough...you're bringing the action from 2 tables to my living room!

Thank You!
Justin, Chad, Greg, & Mark
I would like to join to the words by mosconiac. That's a great opportunity for me to catch the action. I know it will force me to be more eager to go to the Derby some day, but it's a great feeling. Thanks to The Action Report team and best wishes!

mosconiac
12-19-2007, 10:52 AM
Cuebacca: tAR has responded in the past to the (many) TV balls request & I think they are taking it seriously. It would help a lot given the lower resolution of the stream versus TV.

Cuebacca
12-19-2007, 11:11 AM
Cuebacca: tAR has responded in the past to the (many) TV balls request & I think they are taking it seriously. It would help a lot given the lower resolution of the stream versus TV.

I know... I did make the request already too, a while back, but I don't mean to be pushy. :o It was just a friendly reminder in case it had slipped through the cracks. :)

bigskyjake
12-19-2007, 11:16 AM
JCIN, you guys gotta mic up the shooters, just imagine if the last action challenge was mic'ed

derekdisco
12-19-2007, 11:37 AM
Greg and Mark are SMART cookies. They know that with the DCC experience being broadcast to more wannabees out there FREE OF CHARGE, that the DCC will continue to grow, probably at even greater proportions than in the past.

Can't wait to see how big of a disco globe they put up for Derek. :D
JoeyA

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t117/derekdisco/bristol06.jpg

atleast this big :D :D :D :D

xianmacx
12-19-2007, 11:40 AM
Are any action challenge matches set in stone with the money already up? (like in the past)

Cuebacca
12-19-2007, 11:55 AM

Whoa, that Disco Ball is sweet! I want to see that thing in action. I sure hope the tiles those people are walking on turn on at night to light-up the electric floor!

iba7467
12-19-2007, 11:55 AM
Are any action challenge matches set in stone with the money already up? (like in the past)

It's Derby City, it doesn't matter. There will be action. Guaranteed. In fact, a nice line might be made for over/under $$$ bet on the action table.

There's one for you line setters.

Over $87,000 .... 4/5
Under $87,000 .... 4/5
Odds someone will talk over an hour and not gamble ... 1/11987
Odds someone will pitch to the spot for more than $20 ... 1/250
Odds Bucktooth will actually play a match for any real $$$ this year .... 5/1

jay helfert
12-19-2007, 12:04 PM
Thanks for the kind words Johnny. It sure isn't just me. It wouldn't happen without Chad and Jason. Mark and Greg are great guys, no BS, they just make things happens. Love those guys.

I really hope Monica finds a game. I know she is double tough for the cash, I would love to see her and Karen match up in an All Around. She is not looking to bet sky high, just a little something to make it interesting. Hope it comes off.

If you can get Jeanette in the box against Monica, that would be a great match! She might be the favorite over Monica in an All Around, and only her.

jay helfert
12-19-2007, 12:08 PM

I'm with you here. 9-Ball, One Pocket and 14.1 I like Jeanette. If you replace the 14.1 with Banks, I still like Jeanette. Forget Three Cushions, Monica has no chance there.

iba7467
12-19-2007, 12:10 PM
only her.

The only other fairly interesting match I could forsee would be Sarah Rousey with a little weight, but I think she can play any game.

derekdisco
12-19-2007, 01:31 PM
Monicas challenge is open to anyone, all they have to do is get up and take her cash!

I honestly only like Karen to beat Monica in an all around. If the black widow gets down with her, ill take Monica.

frankncali
12-19-2007, 01:44 PM
Please let me know where I can place a few bets on Shane playing Hopkins on the bar table.

Thanks 2008 really is going to start off nice if this one takes place.

yobagua
12-19-2007, 02:13 PM
Dammit Justin!!!! I just bought my plane ticket and reserved 11 nites at the hotel. I could have stayed home on my Barcolounger in my boxers and saved all that cash!!!! Nah Ill be there. Thanks for all you have done.
PS Why arent you posting this stuff on your own forums????

Chi2dxa
12-19-2007, 02:27 PM
Action Report THANK YOU!!!! My making it to DCC this year is questionable and I am glad to see you come thru for us. I did not sleep last year for 2 Days and spent most of my time in the action room.

Bigdogbret
12-19-2007, 04:11 PM
I would love to see Jasmin Oauchan take up Monica in the all around challenge. Thanks guys, can't wait till DCC!!!

Shane will kill Hopkins in last pocket 8 ball on a bar box. Can't wait to watch Tony and Shannon play, that will be awesome!

Johnnyt
12-19-2007, 04:28 PM
I would love to see Jasmin Oauchan take up Monica in the all around challenge. Thanks guys, can't wait till DCC!!!

Shane will kill Hopkins in last pocket 8 ball on a bar box. Can't wait to watch Tony and Shannon play, that will be awesome!

I would love to see Monica in the box against Jazzy also. Johnnyt

SpiderWebComm
12-19-2007, 04:32 PM

Hoppy will have a rough go at it, you're right. They're playing per-game--- not a set. I'll take Hop for a friendly sweat bet $20/game, but I def need 2-1 on the money.

derekdisco
12-19-2007, 04:34 PM
I don't think anyone is going to kill Allen hopkins in any game. Let alone last pocket 8 ball, if its alternate breaks then shane is maybe a 60/40 favorite.

JCIN
12-19-2007, 04:48 PM
Hoppy will have a rough go at it, you're right. They're playing per-game--- not a set. I'll take Hop for a friendly sweat bet $20/game, but I def need 2-1 on the money.
I am excited to see this one go off. Allen does not make to many bad games but does he know how Shane is REALLY playing lately? I think he knows excactly what he is doing and wants to play a tough game to sharpen up.

Really going to be fun.

As far as TV balls, I have no problem with it. Can we just get the 4 and 7 balls? We probably will not buy an entire set to lug around. Having the players mic'ed is a good idea and one we plan on doing the only issue is that so far every player we have worked with HATES it. We have 2 wireless mic's that work great (and cost a fortune) we just have to get the players to get comfortable with them.

BVal
12-19-2007, 04:50 PM
I am excited to see this one go off. Allen does not make to many bad games but does he know how Shane is REALLY playing lately? I think he knows excactly what he is doing and wants to play a tough game to sharpen up.

Really going to be fun.

As far as TV balls, I have no problem with it. Can we just get the 4 and 7 balls? We probably will not buy an entire set to lug around. Having the players mic'ed is a good idea and one we plan on doing the only issue is that so far every player we have worked with HATES it. We have 2 wireless mic's that work great (and cost a fortune) we just have to get the players to get comfortable with them.
Maybe mic up the light or by their chairs so we can still catch some stuff but they don't have to wear it. Don't know how costly that is but just an idea.

BVal

SpiderWebComm
12-19-2007, 04:51 PM

Really going to be fun.

Hopkins is prob the smartest gambler alive. I'm just looking for a friendly sweat-- I just need a little weight on odds, that's all :) Shane is in mega-mode right now.

JoeyA
12-19-2007, 05:09 PM

You're going to make me run out of REP. :)
JoeyA

bagofpaper
12-19-2007, 05:27 PM

Really going to be fun.

Mics are an awesome idea.. can't wait. :D

Icon of Sin
12-19-2007, 05:47 PM
This is gonna be so awesome!!!

JOEY
12-19-2007, 08:28 PM
big nasty, pugh, and derek disco..... get ready, ill be there on the 10th.
were gonna have a blast....
see ya soon,
joey

Slow_roll
12-19-2007, 09:30 PM
I say just keep it more original as possible. No mics, no fancy room with huge posters on the wall, no movie stars in the backround, no old pros trying to commentate then telling stories about their day, no ringside commentator asking the sweat'rs questions (ring girls in bikini's maybe OK), I would say NO commercials but I would understand because you've got to get your$.
I must compliment you on showing the last 2 hours of Harriman /Schmidt. A HELL OF A SHOW. Bartram and Putnam did an excellent job giving us insight on position play and what its like being in the box under heat. Use that as your template. YOU WILL STAND OUT! Take that format and telecast from different cities and rooms. People will love it. It can't get anymore real than Harriman jumping up and down screaming "ONE TIME" after that kick in the second to last rack. You could tell both players wanted it. Batram made a comment stating that it was road pool on tape. I was pumped after watching that match. Thanks for making it happen. F'IN GREAT BROTHER! Eight ball is DEAD. KEEP SHOWING 10 BALL on FAST TABLES!

biggame
12-19-2007, 10:43 PM
If something happens and one of them dont play I will stake Sarah in an all around challenge with any other women...

derekdisco
12-19-2007, 10:59 PM
The only other fairly interesting match I could forsee would be Sarah Rousey with a little weight, but I think she can play any game.

Sarah needs no weight! She's finished well in the 9 ball and bank tourny, I think sarahs favored in the bank, and monica in 9 ball, and the 1 hole is even.

JCIN
12-19-2007, 11:25 PM
So who is Keith playing at the Derby?

TAR is what I am asking about

The idea was Keith playing Little Jon on the bar box. Last I heard Keith had some things come up and will not be at the Derby this year.

JCIN
12-19-2007, 11:28 PM
If something happens and one of them dont play I will stake Sarah in an all around challenge with any other women...
I am a little confused...if you want to put Sarah in against Monica, that game is open.

I think it would be great, they are both great players and play hard for the money.

JOEY
12-19-2007, 11:49 PM
im sure if keith dont make it, lil john will play just about anyone. im sure he will end up filling some time on the action report. i know last year there was talk about LJ playing billy incardona some one hole, maybe it can come to fruition with a little help from the action report.

gulfportdoc
12-20-2007, 07:10 AM
The idea was Keith playing Little Jon on the bar box. Last I heard Keith had some things come up and will not be at the Derby this year.
Lil John hasn't played in several months. He's been working a real job. Are you sure he's coming to the DCC?

Doc

iba7467
12-20-2007, 08:31 AM
Sarah needs no weight!

If they play even, sounds like we've got a sweat bet.

gpeezy
12-20-2007, 10:24 AM
If your talking about Sarah playing Monica even I'll take Monica for some sand. I think the world of Sarah but she doesn't play Monica's speed IMO.IMO IMO IMO