PDA

View Full Version : Get out from here!

Jude Rosenstock
12-19-2007, 11:25 AM
This came up for me yesterday. The 1-ball does NOT have a clear path to the corner pocket and is obstructed by the 7-ball by about half an inch. Unfortunately, in my attempt, I ended up scratching while pocketing the 2-ball and setting for the 3/9 combination.

http://CueTable.com/P/?@4AJOP4BWeG4CIff3DaIu3EYjQ4FCdy4GHDS4IUGi1POtt@

Robertduke
12-19-2007, 11:27 AM
Jump the one ball over the 7 6 and draw back for the 2.. If you get to straight you can roll down and play the 3 ... =)

Jude Rosenstock
12-19-2007, 11:31 AM
Jump the one ball over the 7 6 and draw back for the 2.. If you get to straight you can roll down and play the 3 ... =)

Yeah, that's exactly what I did. Amazingly, it doesn't take much of a jump to do it. In fact, you don't even notice the jump. For me, I ended up near straight on the 2-ball and punched it in with a little follow. I ended up following right into the corner. It's one of those shots where it's very difficult to judge accurately.

supergreenman
12-19-2007, 11:33 AM
I like the carom off the 6 and force the CB down for the 2, then draw back for the 3/9 combo.http://CueTable.com/P/?@4AJOP4BWeG4CIff3DaIu3EYjQ4FCdy4GHDS4IUGi1POtt4UJ OP4UClf3UcbB4VWeG1Valb4WIff4WRdj4WRdg4dUGi4dcIm1kO tt4kLbF4kYsc4kWeW3kHQT4kGKf@

BRKNRUN
12-19-2007, 11:37 AM
(IF your going for a run out here) it ooks like you could pocket the 1 in the side.

You would of course have to let the CB go a bit.

Depending on the speed of the table I would probably just play for position (with a little angle) on the 2 to pocket it in the same pocket as the 3-9 combo. If you leave a little angle (on the 2) , you can make the 2, follow down to the end rail and make the fairly easy combo (as far as combos go)

T-dog
12-19-2007, 11:39 AM
This came up for me yesterday. The 1-ball does NOT have a clear path to the corner pocket and is obstructed by the 7-ball by about half an inch. Unfortunately, in my attempt, I ended up scratching while pocketing the 2-ball and setting for the 3/9 combination.

http://CueTable.com/P/?@4AJOP4BWeG4CIff3DaIu3EYjQ4FCdy4GHDS4IUGi1POtt@

Why wouldnt you just shot the one between the 6 and 7 and follow enough to lock whitey down on the 7?

Jude Rosenstock
12-19-2007, 11:41 AM
Why wouldnt you just shot the one between the 6 and 7 and follow enough to lock whitey down on the 7?

The space either didn't exist or just barely existed. I couldn't fathom shooting between those two for a lock.

Robertduke
12-19-2007, 11:42 AM
I like the carom off the 6 and force the CB down for the 2, then draw back for the 3/9 combo.http://CueTable.com/P/?@4AJOP4BWeG4CIff3DaIu3EYjQ4FCdy4GHDS4IUGi1POtt4UJ OP4UClf3UcbB4VWeG1Valb4WIff4WRdj4WRdg4dUGi4dcIm1kO tt4kLbF4kYsc4kWeW3kHQT4kGKf@

I like this shot but like Jude said Its not that hard to jump the 1 ball.. but I like this shot..

BRKNRUN
12-19-2007, 11:45 AM

Because the title did not say "what is the best play".....:D ;)

He is testing only your run out "creativity".....(thus the jump shot) under probably "non money" situations....(is my guess)

(my guess is usually wrong though).....

Snapshot9
12-19-2007, 11:45 AM
I am a percentage player, so I would hit the 6 full with the 1, and take the cue ball behind the 7. Why play a high risk shot when the 3 is lined up on the 9?

Of course, I understand you are talking running out, while I am talking winning the game!

Jude Rosenstock
12-19-2007, 11:47 AM
(IF your going for a run out here) it ooks like you could pocket the 1 in the side.

You would of course have to let the CB go a bit.

Depending on the speed of the table I would probably just play for position (with a little angle) on the 2 to pocket it in the same pocket as the 3-9 combo. If you leave a little angle (on the 2) , you can make the 2, follow down to the end rail and make the fairly easy combo (as far as combos go)

That'd be a helluva cut. I don't recall perfectly but I don't think that shot was available to me in actuality and I didn't mean to leave that as an option in the diagram.

I can picture it though - center ball hit, as thin as possible, mach 5. I actually LOVE shooting shots like that.

Jude Rosenstock
12-19-2007, 11:55 AM
I am a percentage player, so I would hit the 6 full with the 1, and take the cue ball behind the 7. Why play a high risk shot when the 3 is lined up on the 9?

Of course, I understand you are talking running out, while I am talking winning the game!

You know, that's the interesting part - I'm not so sure the safety is any higher percentage than the jump. From time to time, I'll do trick shots for corporate events and one of my shots is jumping an objectball over an obstruction (like a cue). I know I can get the objectball to hop about an inch so it's a shot I'm kinda familiar with. The unfamiliar part is jumping over the edge of a ball. It's really difficult to measure. I figured since it was only a small portion of the object ball that I wouldn't need much to clear the 7 which is why I went this way.

Had a really tight safety been available (the frozen kind), I definitely go that way.

Russ Chewning
12-19-2007, 01:33 PM
Without looking at other responses, jack up a little and jump the CB onto the 1, making the 1 hop over the edges of the other two balls. You are close enough to hit it well, and you don't have to hit the shot that hard.

You should end up with a good shot at the 2... Get on the 3, and bang in that combo! :D

http://CueTable.com/P/?@4AJOP4BWeG4CIff3DaIu3EYjQ4FCdy4GHDS4IUGi1POtt4UJ OP3Uchs1kOtt4kKtD4kLCs4kMRN4kNgn4kOFs4kPEa4kPdf@

Russ

(Did I mention I am a scumbag contractor, and that I am no longer in the military?)

BRKNRUN
12-19-2007, 01:36 PM
You know, that's the interesting part - I'm not so sure the safety is any higher percentage than the jump. From time to time, I'll do trick shots for corporate events and one of my shots is jumping an objectball over an obstruction (like a cue). I know I can get the objectball to hop about an inch so it's a shot I'm kinda familiar with. The unfamiliar part is jumping over the edge of a ball. It's really difficult to measure. I figured since it was only a small portion of the object ball that I wouldn't need much to clear the 7 which is why I went this way.

Had a really tight safety been available (the frozen kind), I definitely go that way.

The part of that jump shot that would concern me would be drawing back for shape on the two. Seems like getting the draw to take would be a bit unpredictable...(for my skill level any way) I would surely either stop dead and leave myself out of line, or I could even see myself drawing right into the side pocket next to the two....(Just my observation)

Jude Rosenstock
12-19-2007, 01:37 PM
The part of that jump shot that would concern me would be drawing back for shape on the two. Seems like getting the draw to take would be a bit unpredictable...(for my skill level any way) I would surely either stop dead and leave myself out of line, or I could even see myself drawing right into the side pocket next to the two....(Just my observation)

Actually, you practically draw autoamatically and you don't have to jack-up that high. Maybe 20 degrees.

Hierovision
12-19-2007, 01:42 PM
http://CueTable.com/P/?@4AJOP4BWeG4CIff3DaIu3EYjQ4FCdy4GHDS4IUGi1POtt4UJ OP3UdpH1kOtt4kLrQ4kLYj1kKbj5kJyXzc4uAIE@3AdpH4BWeG 4CIff3DaIu3EYjQ4FCdy4GHDS4IUGi1PJyX4VWeG4Vatt1kJyX 4kWMq4kbNV4kBMX2uCtA@3AdpH4Batt4CIff3DaIu3EYjQ4FCd y4GHDS4IUGi4PBMX4WIff4WRdh4dUGi4dcpi4ddfr4kBMX4kGC e4uAAC@
Three pages, it's not that hard! haha :)

cardsfan
12-19-2007, 02:12 PM
http://CueTable.com/P/?@4AJOP4BWeG4CIff3DaIu3EYjQ4FCdy4GHDS4IUGi1POtt4RJ Rg4UJOP4Uali4VWeG1VbCb1VbCc1kOtt1kIhA3kbNB4kbHJ4kL Vc4kKwd4kJRf4mJRg4mWVW4mawq3mBdb@
This would work! The speed off the one would be the toughest part.

Jude Rosenstock
12-19-2007, 02:15 PM
http://CueTable.com/P/?@4AJOP4BWeG4CIff3DaIu3EYjQ4FCdy4GHDS4IUGi1POtt4RJ Rg4UJOP4Uali4VWeG1VbCb1VbCc1kOtt1kIhA3kbNB4kbHJ4kL Vc4kKwd4kJRf4mJRg4mWVW4mawq3mBdb@
This would work! The speed off the one would be the toughest part.

I think your cueball angle is a little off. If memory serves, this way has time-shot written all over it! That cueball is going to arrive at the corner pocket (or nearby) at about the same time the 1-ball does.

cardsfan
12-19-2007, 02:24 PM
I think your cueball angle is a little off. If memory serves, this way has time-shot written all over it! That cueball is going to arrive at the corner pocket (or nearby) at about the same time the 1-ball does.
Do you think top right would alter the CB path enough to miss the corner? Thanks for the tip, I'm going to try it tonight at league.

Best,
Mike

Jude Rosenstock
12-19-2007, 02:30 PM
Do you think top right would alter the CB path enough to miss the corner? Thanks for the tip, I'm going to try it tonight at league.

Best,
Mike

Honestly, if you're ever forced to take this shot, you're not really concerned about scratching. Of course, this is all diagram talk since only a few of us have current access to a pooltable but this is what I see "potentially" happening.

http://CueTable.com/P/?@4AJWP1POtt4UJWP4UcYv1kOtt1kIQB3kaAb4kTgo@