PDA

View Full Version : Jumping Object Ball Technique

DrCue'sProtege
12-19-2007, 02:04 PM
ok, i have never done this, or even attempted to practice this. Jude R. has a thread going now, with utilizing this technique as a possible opening play.

just wondering if anyone can give me some tips on how to jump the 1-Ball over the 2-Ball into the side pocket?

DCP

http://CueTable.com/P/?@1AHsB2BBvk1PQyR@

cigardave
12-19-2007, 02:07 PM
Good luck... that's a full ball jump. If THAT'S possible, I'd like to see it done.

nfty9er
12-19-2007, 02:08 PM
ok, i have never done this, or even attempted to practice this. Jude R. has a thread going now, with utilizing this technique as a possible opening play.

just wondering if anyone can give me some tips on how to jump the 1-Ball over the 2-Ball into the side pocket?

DCP

http://CueTable.com/P/?@1AHsB2BBvk1PQyR@

This shot is too violent. This is a gentleman's game. Ask it in the fight thread. Delete this thread pls.

ioCross
12-19-2007, 02:11 PM
haha to the post above mine. +rep

Jude Rosenstock
12-19-2007, 02:11 PM
Agreed! I mean, I'm not going to say it's impossible but I will say highly improbable. You need a lot of runway to get it to launch like that. Another objectball jump is utilizing the rail to add umph to your jump. In this instance, jumping over a full object ball is possible. This one isn't exactly "practical" but definitely possible and occasionally worth trying.

http://CueTable.com/P/?@3FaLi3GOBB3HWpO3PJqp3cWpO3cbAW4cchs3kJqp3kUdJ@

IA8baller
12-19-2007, 02:22 PM
You have to jump the cue ball into the one ball where the cue ball is hitting into the one ball about halfway up the one ball which in turn jumps the one ball over the two ball, and the cue ball ends up about a foot high in the air after jumping into the one ball. I have seen this done where the object ball only has to jump over 14 to 1/2 of another ball, not the full ball. As previously stated it is a pretty violent shot. You really have to jack the cue ball pretty good. Be careful attempting this shot on anyone elses table but your own. I had a guy show me a shot similiar to that only a few months ago and I did have to try it just to see if I could do it, I did it but it took several trys and I was only jumping the object ball over the edge of another ball, maybe 1/4 to at most 1/2 ball.

gpeezy
12-19-2007, 02:50 PM
Jumping the edge of the objest ball is usually all that is ever attempted with this shot, but I have jumped a majority of the ball blocking my path before. Shoot it with your playing cue at around 35 degrees I'd say, and just use a punch stroke. After you get one over you'll be able to do it over and over.

ericyow
12-19-2007, 02:52 PM
I love this shot. Check out the first one in this video:

http://www.ericyow.com/videos/YowinRussia.wmv

Hope you like it.

-yow!

Black-Balled
12-19-2007, 02:52 PM
Advanced technique. You must walk before you run.

Play some 6b ghost, until you can win 3 races to 5 in a row...you've got better things to learn, DCP...

Russ Chewning
12-19-2007, 02:57 PM
Just so's everyone knows... There is a much more practical use of this shot.. It's all fun to practice jumping the OB over another ball, but a much more useful application of jumping the CB onto the OB to be pocketed is to get more spread off of a nearly straight in shot.

I was gambling a guy from Chicago one time named Semo. He was a little outmatched at first, and kept jacking the bet in order to shake me, the "young'un". Unfortunately, the higher the bet went, the better I shot.

He started safe breaking me. The game is Last Pocket 8 ball, on a 9 footer. One makeable ball came off the rack, nearly straight in. I had recently read about a jump shot used to get into the stack in Winning One Pocket. The bet was up to $60 a game, and I was up a few games, so I decided to go for it. I figured, if I screwed up and he got out from here, he deserved to win a game.

Jacked up the CB, aimed to land on the OB at about a 45 degree vertical angle. Made the ball, and the CB bounced straight up about 9-10 inches, and came down square in the middle of the stack. I got out from there, and he quit me.

http://CueTable.com/P/?@4AAdf4BGAf3CElK4DDuq4EAsx3FCXt3GDGk3HCAS4IDGm3JI kw4KFrG3LFje4MCAN4NBRb4OAEv4PAyt3eIkw3echu4kAyt3kI Dp3kAlI3kAlI3kAMM@

Yes, yes.. I know. This is not a shot most C players know, but I am not the typical C player.. *wink*

Russ

td873
12-19-2007, 05:51 PM
I don't think Jude (or anyone else for that matter) has described or suggest your object-ball full ball jump.

As a threshold matter, if you have a full ball jump to a pocket, you necessarily have a "straight in" combo. Not that a combo is easy - just easier than an object ball jump.

Reminds of the saying, no matter how easy something is, someone will always find a way to make it complicated. Put another way: KISS

-td

steev
12-19-2007, 07:12 PM
Put another way: KISS

and how. object ball jumping has got to be one of the dumbest in-game options there is. sure, it can be done, but there's a big difference between 'can' and 'should'. and if you say otherwise, i'd like to set up DcP's shot for you, even money, all night.

-s

edit: not you, eric yow :D even though dcp's shot is tougher than the one on video...