PDA

View Full Version : Passing of Tony Steele.

Sev
12-19-2007, 03:23 PM
----To those who may have known him. Tony Steele passed away at home on Dec 10.

Here is a link to the obituary and one for for any that would wish to post a condolence.

http://www.washtimesherald.com/obituaries/local_story_344165733.html

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/crane-in/TKLPP3U71R23F8RP3

DrCue'sProtege
12-19-2007, 04:19 PM
i grew up in the same area, and worked at the same naval installation. played a little pool with Tony, always a pleasure. i have lost two of the maestros here in my area, both guys to cancer, and both guys worked at the Crane naval base. first Dave Edwards, 1998 BCA 8-Ball champion, about a year ago, and now Tony.

i regret not getting together with Tony more.

Mike aka DCP

Sev
12-19-2007, 06:22 PM
i grew up in the same area, and worked at the same naval installation. played a little pool with Tony, always a pleasure. i have lost two of the maestros here in my area, both guys to cancer, and both guys worked at the Crane naval base. first Dave Edwards, 1998 BCA 8-Ball champion, about a year ago, and now Tony.

i regret not getting together with Tony more.

Mike aka DCP

----Tony was a good man. Straight shooter both on the table and off. He gave me an open invite to his place. Regretfully I never got the chance to take him up on it. He had one hell of a ring game going. Always kept it fair.
---I believe Carol is still stationed at Crane. If you happen to see her, please tell her that there are people all over the country that are aware of and feel her loss.

Sev
12-20-2007, 05:31 AM
For Tony Steele

DrCue'sProtege
12-20-2007, 05:42 AM
For Tony Steele

huh?
did i miss something?

DCP

RascalDoc
12-20-2007, 07:46 AM
I knew Tony pretty well from a few dealings with him a long time ago on Ebay that turned into a longstanding daily email about his critters, cue likes and dislikes, his agreements and disagreements with the world in general, and his grandaughter when she arrived. He certainly was one of the good guys. I almost made it to his ring game twice. Once he had to pass when his tennis team was playing in the finals somewhere, and then this year I did not make it to Indy as planned. I think I have a phone number somewhere for Carol and plan on calling her to pass along my condolences. I hope the banks are good and the beer cold wherever Tony winds up, and I am sure I'll see him there.

DrCue'sProtege
12-20-2007, 08:30 AM
I knew Tony pretty well from a few dealings with him a long time ago on Ebay that turned into a longstanding daily email about his critters, cue likes and dislikes, his agreements and disagreements with the world in general, and his grandaughter when she arrived. He certainly was one of the good guys. I almost made it to his ring game twice. Once he had to pass when his tennis team was playing in the finals somewhere, and then this year I did not make it to Indy as planned. I think I have a phone number somewhere for Carol and plan on calling her to pass along my condolences. I hope the banks are good and the beer cold wherever Tony winds up, and I am sure I'll see him there.

so, are you the Doc from Miami that Tony dealt some with a few years ago regarding Nova cues?

DCP

DrCue'sProtege
12-21-2007, 10:20 AM
bump from DCP