PDA

View Full Version : IPT rules

Jason Robichaud
12-19-2007, 06:45 PM
anyone know the rules they use on the IPT... Archer just made 1 high and 2 low on break and had to take low... never heard of this

jsp
12-19-2007, 06:52 PM
anyone know the rules they use on the IPT... Archer just made 1 high and 2 low on break and had to take low... never heard of this
Lol. After Sigel explained the rule to Archer, I loved the way Johnny asked..."Are you sure???"

Jason Robichaud
12-19-2007, 06:55 PM
looked like the challenge table at local bar... Not sure of the rule until you start to shoot.

Bob Jewett
12-19-2007, 07:47 PM
I've played "what you made more of" before.

In 1977 the BCA rules stated that the table was open after the break, but you got whatever you made more of on the following shot. If you made an equal number of balls from each group when the table was open, the table remained open. In theory, you could run all the balls off the table two at a time and never decide groups. Eight ball was not a call-shot game at that time.

Did anyone notice that Earl fouled at the end of rack 9 (I think) when he picked up an object ball early? I think the referee and players got reminded about the rule at that point.