PDA

View Full Version : last nights match between ES and JA

macguy
12-20-2007, 09:30 AM
I watched a little of the match and had things to do so didn't get to watch much of it but I think the streaming video on the internet is the future of pool. Pool is never going to be mainstream on television and who cares if it ever does. A few entrepreneurs, if they can find a way to turn any kind of profit on this can do it. I have to wonder in real figures what it cost to do something like this?

I would like to see matches put on that are handicapped that people could bet on. Say player A is playing player B and giving him 9 to 7 one pocket or what ever but all top players. There would be a market for it if it could be done legally in some way. Either way, I liked it last night and hope others will jump on the band wagon and put on similar events. You have to be able to make a buck though but I would put money into it and I would not have to make much. I would be happy if I came out even, I don't want to lose a million or anything but we don't need KT, there are plenty of people who love pool who have money. This could be a good thing.

xianmacx
12-20-2007, 09:35 AM
Thats pretty much a summary of what the action report has been doing for the better part of 2007.

iba7467
12-20-2007, 10:00 AM
Thats pretty much a summary of what the action report has been doing for the better part of 2007.

Yes, but the Action Report doesn't have an offshores account that would allow people to place bets on these matches. I personally like the idea alot, and would love to try this.

Fatboy
12-20-2007, 10:00 AM
I would like to see matches put on that are handicapped that people could bet on. Say player A is playing player B and giving him 9 to 7 one pocket or what ever but all top players. .

Thats exactly what I want to do, I want to play in one on my own $$$ against anyone for whatever as long as I have a chance at winning, I dont want to rob anyone or get robbed. We have discussed it and believe that ma as an average player getting the right spot from a top player would be a good show and would get alot of viewers, I would like to do one every 3 months-on a regular schedual if there would be enough buys. ts the behind the scenes part that is the trick-making the right game,