PDA

View Full Version : McDermott cue question

trustyrusty
12-20-2007, 11:49 PM
Have any of you on here tried one of the NEW McDermott spliced cues....made from the older D series forearms? The whole "limited" and from "McDermott's Private Reserve Collection" I couldn't care less about, but just thought it'd be cool to see a NEW McD with the spliced points. I would guess it'd still play like my COM McD (doubt the BEM vs. Zebrawood would make that much of a difference), but thought I'd ask if anyone has picked one up. The model I am looking at is M73D....thanks in advance for your responses ;)

trustyrusty
12-21-2007, 12:05 AM
^^^^ pic added ^^^^

manwon
12-21-2007, 12:17 AM
Have any of you on here tried one of the NEW McDermott spliced cues....made from the older D series forearms? The whole "limited" and from "McDermott's Private Reserve Collection" I couldn't care less about, but just thought it'd be cool to see a NEW McD with the spliced points. I would guess it'd still play like my COM McD (doubt the BEM vs. Zebrawood would make that much of a difference), but thought I'd ask if anyone has picked one up. The model I am looking at is M73D....thanks in advance for your responses ;)

Partner, I am a dealer for McDermott and I currently have two of the Zebra Wood Cues and eight of the Birdseye examples left. These cue have a stiffer hit than the Nre McDermott cues, while the construction is the same the wood being seasoned for an extra twenty years certainly makes a difference. I test hit most cues that come through my business, and these were certainly different.

Hope this helps!!!!!

trustyrusty
12-21-2007, 12:35 AM
Thanks for the reply manwon...couple of questions - have they sold well for you? Just how many of these are out there? I don't need a truly "limited" stick, but I'd hate to see one just like mine every week when playing a different team in league....(ya know?) Thought the older d series forearm release was kind of a cool idea, surprised that they do actually hit different. I usually play a M64D (COM 10/06 Phoenix), and a bit stiffer wouldn't really be a bad thing, I guess (also have a Jacoby that plays MUCH stiffer than the McD).

trustyrusty
12-21-2007, 02:17 AM
new avatar BUMP ..... :)

manwon
12-21-2007, 02:28 AM
Thanks for the reply manwon...couple of questions - have they sold well for you? Just how many of these are out there? I don't need a truly "limited" stick, but I'd hate to see one just like mine every week when playing a different team in league....(ya know?) Thought the older d series forearm release was kind of a cool idea, surprised that they do actually hit different. I usually play a M64D (COM 10/06 Phoenix), and a bit stiffer wouldn't really be a bad thing, I guess (also have a Jacoby that plays MUCH stiffer than the McD).

Rusty, they have been sell D-series parts for the last 3 years. These are coming from the D-14 and the D-18 model cues. According to the McDermott Representative that I deal with there were less than 100 of the Birdseye D-14 and about the same of the Tulip wood D-18 models.

This I will say for certain though, only McDermott knows for certain how many are left, but it really matters not because if you have one you got a great cue, and a great warranty!!!!!;) :)

halhoule
12-21-2007, 07:14 AM
Have any of you on here tried one of the NEW McDermott spliced cues....made from the older D series forearms? The whole "limited" and from "McDermott's Private Reserve Collection" I couldn't care less about, but just thought it'd be cool to see a NEW McD with the spliced points. responses ;) STICK TO PLAYING POOL

trustyrusty
12-21-2007, 07:45 AM
STICK TO PLAYING POOL

as soon as I figure out that response I'll try to reply to it better. :confused: What do you think I was asking about the cue for? To use it as a javelin?

midnightpulp
01-29-2008, 09:39 AM
Bump, as I too am I looking at the exact same cue.

Any other opinions out there?

Rusty, since this thread, have you had a chance to hit with one these McD's yet?