PDA

View Full Version : Who feels like betting?

TannerPruess
12-21-2007, 04:36 PM
I am feeling like doing a little gambling tonight. I have a 7ft barbox in my basement and a webcam. Might do a race with the ghost or something. Post or send me a pm if you want action!

GOT ACTION!?!

trustyrusty
12-21-2007, 04:50 PM
10 ahead race vs. ghost in 8 ball on the box....miss=loss???

TannerPruess
12-21-2007, 05:09 PM
10 ahead? I don't have time for that and I rather try 9ball ghost than 8ball ghost.

cajunbarboxplyr
12-21-2007, 05:10 PM
If I wasnt goin to a tourney in 5 minutes I would post up.......GL with it Tanner!

trustyrusty
12-21-2007, 05:33 PM
10 ahead? I don't have time for that and I rather try 9ball ghost than 8ball ghost.

I was just tryin to keep you busy on a Friday night - I have to go to dinner w/the wife and kid. I figured I could do that and get back here to see you still going at it. BTW, how many on here know your speed well enough to bet anyways? That's why I picked 8 ball. :cool:

TannerPruess
12-21-2007, 05:35 PM
How about me running a 3 pack of 9ball without ball in hand in an hour? I can post the video and say something once I am done to show that it is indeed me playing tonight... any takes?

TannerPruess
12-21-2007, 05:55 PM
Webcam is up and running... I need to try to make some Windy City Open funds!
No one has ACTION?!

Fatboy
12-21-2007, 06:05 PM
pm me your paypal, i owe you a bet from before and i need to pay you. I cant bet tonight cause I have to practice for the derby, you gonna go?

randyg
12-21-2007, 06:07 PM
So you want to gamble huh?

I'll make it easy for you.

1. 9-ball

2. Race to 7

3. Texas Express Rules.

4. $50

Good luck my friend.....SPF=randyg

TannerPruess
12-21-2007, 06:09 PM
So you want to gamble huh?

I'll make it easy for you.

1. 9-ball

2. Race to 7

3. Texas Express Rules.

4. $50

Good luck my friend.....SPF=randyg
9-ball Ghost?

TannerPruess
12-21-2007, 06:13 PM
Are we going to be able to view it live? Or are you going to play and then upload it? That would change everything IMO
You can watch it on yahoo messenger. I will also post it up later. It should change anything if you trust me.

derekdisco
12-21-2007, 06:23 PM
Hes good for it. Ive gambled and been paid asap by tanner. Hes 100% reliable for good honest action.

randyg
12-21-2007, 07:27 PM
YUP....randyg

TX Poolnut
12-21-2007, 07:30 PM
Tanner has a reputation beyond repute.:D

TannerPruess
12-21-2007, 09:09 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=lBZ0CGQ0hvY
7-4 randy

philw
12-21-2007, 10:55 PM
Good job Tanner!
Modern technology is great. Imagine, I can read about your proposition and then read that you've got action with Randy, then see the results! I love it!! By the way you shoot very well and have pretty good fundamentals.
Good luck at Windy City Open. Philw

TannerPruess
12-21-2007, 11:07 PM
I owe the fundamentals to Randy G. I haven't had much time to practice with college so everything is out of wack. I will have to get everything back in tune for WCO!

T0dd-Pocket
12-22-2007, 12:00 AM
don't let him fool you he got a girlfriend and his game is gonna go to sh!t now! haha nice shootin bud

jon21588
12-22-2007, 01:34 AM
What happened at 1:08?

Foul or not?

TannerPruess
12-22-2007, 07:32 AM
What happened at 1:08?

Foul or not?
Too long on the follow through. :rolleyes: Ooops.

TannerPruess
12-22-2007, 10:15 AM
Anybody feel like betting that I can't run 3 in a row 8ball or 9ball in two hours? How about running 5 in a row ghost 9ball?

wongho
12-22-2007, 10:56 AM
how come you dont play clean the plate? thats pretty standard...ill let you play 10 ball clean your plate and you have to shoot the last ball lefty

TannerPruess
12-22-2007, 11:07 AM
how come you dont play clean the plate? thats pretty standard...ill let you play 10 ball clean your plate and you have to shoot the last ball lefty
How do you play that?

wongho
12-22-2007, 11:15 AM
all balls must be cleared off table....shooting last ball left handed...even if you combo the 10 you must run rest of the balls...i mean it is a bar box

TannerPruess
12-22-2007, 11:19 AM
all balls must be cleared off table....shooting last ball left handed...even if you combo the 10 you must run rest of the balls...i mean it is a bar box
Ball in hand after the break?

wongho
12-22-2007, 11:22 AM
na ill pass on that

TannerPruess
12-22-2007, 11:25 AM
na ill pass on that
I can't break and run 10 ball racks on command. lol

wongho
12-22-2007, 11:30 AM
i seen scooter do it giving 3/2 odds and hes not a shane protege...if you need $50 or $100 just ask

trustyrusty
12-22-2007, 11:49 AM
rack all 15 balls, and run all of them off as fast as you can. I watched a local guy do it in 44 sec. once and that was on a 9 footer.....

he did just win a "speed pool" event against some of the best in the world at it. :)

his win will be televised....you'll have to look up the dates. Local guy's name is Bobby McGrath Jr.
http://www.insidepoolmag.com/billiard-tour-news/pool-tour-news/bobby-mcgrath-wins-2007-international-speed-pool-championship-200710125541.html

TannerPruess
12-22-2007, 12:05 PM
Best I have done is 60 sec.

TannerPruess
12-23-2007, 02:20 PM
Still looking for some bets to take... What happened to all the gamblers? :P

Only ERO's
12-23-2007, 04:10 PM
Still looking for some bets to take... What happened to all the gamblers? :P

First of all, people are not stupid. Anybody that is going to gamble with somebody over the Internet like this is absolutely stupid. How hard is it to record and then start over until you start out by winning a few in a row. Plus, it isn't very difficult to run a rack of 9-ball with ball in hand. And it isn't very difficult to run 3 racks in a row. Why would you always be looking for the nuts in the bets.

Second, I don't know why people always fall for your crap on here. I remember when you were asking for donations to send you to Nationals and people send you donations. Then 6 months later you are gambling on matches and ridiculous games in your basement.

Obviously people make way too much money or have too much burning a hole in their pocket. I went through the same path you did (Junior leagues and Nationals). Did I ever ask for help or donations, no. It is called a job, and that is how most people make money in this world. Others have fortunate rolls.

nthamix
12-23-2007, 04:39 PM
wow, this is getting good...

UPlayLucky
12-23-2007, 07:03 PM
First of all, people are not stupid. Anybody that is going to gamble with somebody over the Internet like this is absolutely stupid. How hard is it to record and then start over until you start out by winning a few in a row. Plus, it isn't very difficult to run a rack of 9-ball with ball in hand. And it isn't very difficult to run 3 racks in a row. Why would you always be looking for the nuts in the bets.

Second, I don't know why people always fall for your crap on here. I remember when you were asking for donations to send you to Nationals and people send you donations. Then 6 months later you are gambling on matches and ridiculous games in your basement.

Obviously people make way too much money or have too much burning a hole in their pocket. I went through the same path you did (Junior leagues and Nationals). Did I ever ask for help or donations, no. It is called a job, and that is how most people make money in this world. Others have fortunate rolls.

What happened to Minnesota nice?

Jigger
12-23-2007, 07:18 PM
I suppose they don't "haul hay" in the Dakotas anymore.....;)

derekdisco
12-23-2007, 07:29 PM

Wellll he offered to play the game via yahoo webcam, which is live. And he didnt put a gun to anyones head. And ive gambled with him on several occasion on the "internet" and won every bet, and was paid within a day. Running 3 racks is hardly the nuts, and if you have such a problem with the way he handles his business, either put him on ignore, or dont read his threads?

AJO
12-23-2007, 07:38 PM
Tanner's a good kid.

I think he's just trying to get warmed up for the Windy City Open, and probably wanted to make his practice a little more interesting by putting some money on the line.

bob_bushka
12-23-2007, 08:56 PM
Tanner's a good kid.

I think he's just trying to get warmed up for the Windy City Open, and probably wanted to make his practice a little more interesting by putting some money on the line.

Yeah, he's a good kid but I was in Brookings yesterday looking for his easy action. I hear he has a girlfriend now sucking the life right out of his game. Next thing you know he'll be having kids and actually working for a living.

AJO
12-23-2007, 09:20 PM
Yeah, he's a good kid but I was in Brookings yesterday looking for his easy action. I hear he has a girlfriend now sucking the life right out of his game. Next thing you know he'll be having kids and actually working for a living.

I'm not sure about his "easy action," but I guess you do still play pretty sporty yourself. ;)

TannerPruess
12-23-2007, 11:03 PM
Yea it is true, pool is moving down on my list. ;) She's great.

Nine Ball
12-23-2007, 11:10 PM
How about me running a 3 pack of 9ball without ball in hand in an hour? I can post the video and say something once I am done to show that it is indeed me playing tonight... any takes?

It's a barbox. Who can't run 3 racks with no ball in hand on one of them? lol.. And who can't beat the ghost on a barbox? A year ago when I was playing I would beat the ghost 9-0 to 9-3 with ball in hand on a 9ft damn near every set. I hardly see playing the ghost on a barbox gambling. More like stealing. Unless you can't make a ball. lol.. Drum up a real gamble for you and your barbox and I might give you some side betting action. :cool:

TannerPruess
12-23-2007, 11:12 PM
Who said I won't spot the ghost? I am open for some ideas. I'm not quite as good as you. Give me some time. :)

Nine Ball
12-23-2007, 11:19 PM
Who said I won't spot the ghost? I am open for some ideas. I'm not quite as good as you. Give me some time. :)

Let me think on it and I'll give a reply back here in the next few days. You play any one handed? You play the ghost with no ball in hand on the barbox? Just comes down to how good your breaking in order to get that first shot. If you got new cloth the break should be easy. Then again I have no idea how you play.

TannerPruess
12-23-2007, 11:21 PM
I'm not very good at shooting one handed and I could try ghost with no ball in hand. Just looking to put a little pressure on myself, nothing to break the bank.

Nine Ball
12-23-2007, 11:22 PM
I might let you get break and rock in hand playing the 15 ball ghost on your barbox. Straight run out. Combo on the 15 spots and you keep shooting from where it lays.

Nine Ball
12-23-2007, 11:23 PM
I'm not very good at shooting one handed and I could try ghost with no ball in hand. Just looking to put a little pressure on myself, nothing to break the bank.

Good practice for you would be to find someone in the area that plays a ball better than you and play $20 or $50 sets dead even. I'm out of here for now. Check back later for your reply.

TannerPruess
12-23-2007, 11:26 PM
Never tried 15 ball ghost on a box, sounds tough but rewarding.

Nine Ball
12-23-2007, 11:28 PM
Oh yeah... And make sure you play on a 9ft table.... Barbox is not going to help your game for the big table but obviously the big table will improve your small table play.

Only ERO's
12-24-2007, 08:45 PM
It's a barbox. Who can't run 3 racks with no ball in hand on one of them? lol.. And who can't beat the ghost on a barbox? A year ago when I was playing I would beat the ghost 9-0 to 9-3 with ball in hand on a 9ft damn near every set. I hardly see playing the ghost on a barbox gambling. More like stealing. Unless you can't make a ball. lol.. Drum up a real gamble for you and your barbox and I might give you some side betting action. :cool:

Thanks man. I am glad somebody else knows where I am coming from. I knew I would get attacked by going against somebody with the reputation he has.

Fatboy
12-24-2007, 08:55 PM
i'll bet $50 you show up to play....<-----inside joke

David Beck
12-24-2007, 11:27 PM
Yeah, because anyone can run 3 racks on a box. Good thing you guys left out the bragging though.

Black-Balled
12-25-2007, 04:30 PM
It's a barbox. Who can't run 3 racks with no ball in hand on one of them? lol.. And who can't beat the ghost on a barbox? ...Drum up a real gamble ...I might give you some ...action. :cool:

I can find people that can't. Bet what you want.

duh.

Black-Balled
12-25-2007, 04:30 PM
Thanks man. I am glad somebody else knows where I am coming from. I knew I would get attacked by going against somebody with the reputation he has.

I read the love you two share!