PDA

View Full Version : thank for the support

Fatboy
12-21-2007, 06:06 PM
thanks to everyone for the support for me in the 10ball ring game at DCC, now the pressure is on. i know I can play a little, I have been playing pretty good the past couple days. this will be an interesting experience, playing under the pressure of all my fans LOL, ok supporters. I dont want to disappoint or let anyone down, the trick here is for me to clear my mind of that when its my shot and then we'll see what i'm made of and you cant buy that no matter how much $$$ I or anyone else has. I'm putting myself to the biggest test I have ever had in pool, which was my plan. I watched Archer shoot a 9 straight into the rail at the Mosconi Cup-I might do the same, I might not be able to hold my cue, then again I might play my best-thats what this is all about. I will follow up with my self analysis afterwards-a regular player on TV for the first time and alot of my friends, railbirds sweating me.

It will give more insight to what the pro's do for a living. i want to share my experience with everyone about my emotions before durng and after the match. If I dog my brains out I hope I wont lose any respect here, If I play my best which I am more than capable of running out playing 10 ball that will be great. either way I'll be honest and $$$ cant buy those emotions. Am I scared? yes. not because of who I'm playing but of my ability to perform in that enviorment, its easy to run out at home alone. One thing is for sure no matter how good or bad I play I will be back if they let me, there is no doubt that this experience will season me even more.

Again thanks for the support, win or lose, if I dont make a single ball I sincerly hope I dont lose any respect of my peers. Perhaps under the lights isnt gonna work for me, I want to know what I'm made of. I can play for $1000/set, but the first time I did it was ugly. This time I'm older and more confident. I'm proud to say I have the balls to bare my ass to the world on this one...it aint $$$, its heart and you cant buy that. Rack'em!!!!!

derekdisco
12-21-2007, 06:09 PM
nice hand sir, well played

poolcuemaster
12-21-2007, 06:26 PM
I love to play in ring games and the winner will need some luck and a whole lot of skill, but I think you will have a better chance in the ring game than matching up with the other players head to head. Either way I wish you the best of luck and that the back don't hurt. If the back is really bad when time comes either throw in some willing champion or Jay the banker in your spot, Efren or Pagulyan come to mind.

Leonard

Fatboy
12-21-2007, 08:22 PM
I love to play in ring games and the winner will need some luck and a whole lot of skill, but I think you will have a better chance in the ring game than matching up with the other players head to head. Either way I wish you the best of luck and that the back don't hurt. If the back is really bad when time comes either throw in some willing champion or Jay the banker in your spot, Efren or Pagulyan come to mind.

Leonard

Thanks man,i doubt i could beat anyone in that game with the 5 or the 5,7, but i like ring games, i'm lucky in them, it will be a test of "me" and thats what I want to see. What I learn there will only make me stronger. And of course it will be fun.

Gerry
12-21-2007, 08:24 PM
hey man, ring games are MADE for the underdog! no safeties means go for the gold! I used to jump into ring games with guys 3 or 4 balls over me to get a feel for what it's like to play them.....not to mention all at the same time! then getting into the box with guys my speed was a joke because they didn't get out consistently. At the very least it will give you a bump up in your speed.

remember this....they are all EXPECTED to win (which in itself brings tons of pressure!)...when fatboy gets up and gets out on em' they will try to laugh it off .....all the while saying in thier mind.....oh damn...how do I explain losing all my money to Fatboy....I"m deffinately not gettin any tonite!:D

remember...fast n loose!

Gerry

poolplayer2093
12-21-2007, 08:37 PM
is accu stats going to film it? i'd like to get a copy. show 'em that guys that post on forums can play some.

Fatboy
12-21-2007, 08:39 PM
is accu stats going to film it? i'd like to get a copy. show 'em that guys that post on forums can play some.

now the pressure is on. ;)

poolplayer2093
12-21-2007, 08:43 PM
i'm rooting for you man

poolcuemaster
12-21-2007, 08:45 PM
When you win the ring game I want one thing, a autographed cueball. Hell I want a Fatboy signed cueball either way to go with the Jay Helfert and Tang Ho signed cueball he sent me, and I'll supply the ball and marker.

Leonard

PS if anyone sees the ball at my house they will ask why I signed it. LMAO

DaveK
12-22-2007, 10:37 AM
.... If I dog my brains out I hope I wont lose any respect here ....

I wouldn't worry about that. We're all pool players here, and as such every one of us has dogged a match or two or eleventy-thousand (in my case, anyway). I venture to say that 99% of the casual players here would be scared chitless to enter the ring with the heavyweights so good-on-ya !

Dave

Fatboy
12-22-2007, 11:07 AM
When you win the ring game I want one thing, a autographed cueball. Hell I want a Fatboy signed cueball either way to go with the Jay Helfert and Tang Ho signed cueball he sent me, and I'll supply the ball and marker.

Leonard

PS if anyone sees the ball at my house they will ask why I signed it. LMAO

suppose i'm out first, do you still want a signed ball, ,,,,just kidding. my agent wont lat me sign anything, his name is Jay Helfert, perhaps if he gives me permission I can sign it. ;)

jay helfert
12-22-2007, 11:10 AM
suppose i'm out first, do you still want a signed ball, ,,,,just kidding. my agent wont lat me sign anything, his name is Jay Helfert, perhaps if he gives me permission I can sign it. ;)

Sign the f--kin' ball already! He's the first guy who asked! :D

JoeyA
12-22-2007, 11:15 AM
hey man, ring games are MADE for the underdog! no safeties means go for the gold! I used to jump into ring games with guys 3 or 4 balls over me to get a feel for what it's like to play them.....not to mention all at the same time! then getting into the box with guys my speed was a joke because they didn't get out consistently. At the very least it will give you a bump up in your speed.

remember this....they are all EXPECTED to win (which in itself brings tons of pressure!)...when fatboy gets up and gets out on em' they will try to laugh it off .....all the while saying in thier mind.....oh damn...how do I explain losing all my money to Fatboy....I"m deffinately not gettin any tonite!:D

remember...fast n loose!

Gerry

I Agree. FAST N LOOSE! In fact, that's how I would train for the match. No serious thinking, just get down and shootem in the hole.

Nice thought Gerry. I think you got something there.
JoeyA

cueaddicts
12-22-2007, 11:17 AM
Fatboy, hope your back holds out for you....would love to see you play right there along with some of the big guns. What night is this going to be ?? I'm coming up the 9th til the end. Best of luck !!

poolcuemaster
12-22-2007, 12:25 PM
I don't want your real name signed I just want Fatboy on cueball.

Leonard

Terry Ardeno
12-22-2007, 12:38 PM
Fatboy,
We're really happy for you and we're really pulling for you to do well. Since your pals are all trying to give words of wisdom, please allow me a word or two.

If I was going to be playing in such an esteemed setting in front of hundreds of people and knowing that there will be THOUSANDS of others following it here at AZB and then that THOUSANDS more will be interested in buying the tapes of the matches, I would do these 3 things....

1. Practice "We talkin' bout PRACTICE"- Allen Iverson

2. I would try to tell myself that it's just another time at the table. So
what if more people are watching (YOU!!!) than ever before! Just
RELAX and then try to RELAX some more and just play. If you lose,
you're not going to the electric chair, so just have fun. And hum the song "The heat is on!"

3.Enjoy this opportunity and know that you have lot's of people rooting for you!

I want to proclaim you "The AZB People's Choice (that's from yo' peeps!) as the common man's pool player. (Although there ain't nothing common about your WALLET!)

Have fun and don't blow all your winnings trying to trap Jay in another banks match.:D
XOXO

Matt_24
12-22-2007, 12:38 PM
Play with that fancy MIZ Szamboti in the ringgame. You might mesmorize your opponents with that cue and have even more opportunities.

hangemhigh
12-22-2007, 01:09 PM
. Practice "We talkin' bout PRACTICE"- Allen Iverson

In that quote,he was trying to defend not practicing.

Fatboy,did Grady tell you if the game was goingto be available live streaming?

hangemhigh
12-22-2007, 02:55 PM
Actually he was defending his ability to be hurt and still play in games without practicing... He was hurt too bad to play 7 days a week, no healing time... But he wanted to still help his team, so he played in the games..

Alot of people missunderstood what that was about
Yeah, He was trying to defend not practicing. BTW,Clint Sterner is my hero. I will always be thankful for his fumble in Knoxville.

Thunderball
12-22-2007, 05:56 PM
I got a new horse to pull for at the the Derby baby!!

I'm behind you 100% Fatboy. Good luck!

When is this going off?Live tv coverage?Delayed replay?
This is now,if it wasn't before,AZBmustseetv.

At a minimum we are gonna need some real time updates and lots of em.Any volunteers?

GO GETTEM FATBOY!!

Fatboy
12-22-2007, 06:00 PM

Fatboy,did Grady tell you if the game was goingto be available live streaming?

I havent spoke to Grady. I dont think its gonna be streamed-I hope it will be, but i'm not sure.

Fatboy
12-22-2007, 06:12 PM
Play with that fancy MIZ Szamboti in the ringgame. You might mesmorize your opponents with that cue and have even more opportunities.

I'm 80% sure I'm gonna use a Barry Szam I have been playing with the past 3-4 months. Its a little to flashy for me, I honestly like plain player cues for playing. I love owning the big cues and I do hit balls with them from time to time but right now I'm sticking with the cue I know the best, I just put new tips on a SW I used for 7 years, so thats an option.

I have friends who are cue makers and I feel bad because I want to use their cues too but its impossible to use everyones cue. So I have to use the cue I have been using the most recently.

Fatboy
12-22-2007, 06:17 PM
My back is hurting too much today to play at all, I played a little yesterday but havent hit a ball yet today, I hope I can later tonight. I'll be fine for the ring game.

JimS
12-22-2007, 07:15 PM
It's hard to find a balance between enough practice and enough rest for the back. Take care.

Terry Ardeno
12-22-2007, 09:05 PM

I know. That was WHY I used his quote. Whenever I hear the word "practice", I always think of A.I. and one of the most memorable (:D )
answers ever given on...."practice."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUYjD7A75HQ&feature=related

This was used to make Fatboy laugh a little. You know...Hahahaha :D

Fatboy
12-22-2007, 09:16 PM
I don't want your real name signed I just want Fatboy on cueball.

Leonard

thanks buddy, i have never signed a autograph in my life, so the first one has to be something special, hell it will probably be the only one I ever sign.

I'm doing this for 3 reasons, 1, see what i'm made of. 2. to promote our sport and show that anyone can take a shot-not just the chaps and 3 most importantly for everyone to have FUN, thats important, for some guys its their lively hood it was mine but i never played good enought to live like I wanted. I have huge respect for the champs the guys i'm gonna play and i'm comming to play my best i can.