PDA

View Full Version : The telescoping bridge

Still_Learning
12-21-2007, 08:56 PM
Folks:

Many places sell that pool bridge that collapses like a telescope. I love it in theory, but I've tried it in a store and I think the bridge head itself is terrible.

I was wondering if any of you have one, and if so, if you think it would be possible to toss out the bridge head it comes with and stick a Spinali ("moosehead") bridge head on it instead.

Understand that I'm willing to go to some extremes here. Cutting off a bit of the tip with a hacksaw is not out of the question. I know there is a physical locking pin of some kind that keeps the original bridge head on. I'd have to get rid of that somehow. My fear is, the end of the bridge is still too big for a Spinali bridge.

Anyone know for sure? Thanks...

kildegirl
12-21-2007, 09:36 PM
[QUOTE=Still_Learning]Folks:

Many places sell that pool bridge that collapses like a telescope. I love it in theory, but I've tried it in a store and I think the bridge head itself is terrible.

I was wondering if any of you have one, and if so, if you think it would be possible to toss out the bridge head it comes with and stick a Spinali ("moosehead") bridge head on it instead.

Understand that I'm willing to go to some extremes here. Cutting off a bit of the tip with a hacksaw is not out of the question. I know there is a physica

Klopek
12-21-2007, 09:37 PM

Still_Learning
12-22-2007, 06:54 PM
Thanks, Klopek! I'll try that too.

JimS
12-22-2007, 07:01 PM
How about carryiing one of those leather bridge heads and put it on your break cue or a house cue? Works great for me.