PDA

View Full Version : Early X-mas gift. Yee-haw, it's..it's..it's..it's

Maniac
12-22-2007, 11:09 AM
..a Jacoby cue. D-11 model. Haven't had a chance to hit with it yet. Review will come later. It sure is pretty though!!! There really is a Santa Claus!!!

Maniac

Jacoby D-11 Review is as follows (although short, but to the point): This cue hits like I wanted it to, soft but not overly soft, similar to a good McDermott. The 5/16x14 S.S. piloted joint gave it just enough oomph to get a firm stroke if needed. The tiger stacked-leather wrap was a little more slippery than my cues with plain leather wraps, but my thinking is that this wrap will get a little stickier after I sweat on it some. The tip appears to be a Triangle, held chalk like all get-out and gave whitey all the spin that I'm capable of. Straight as an arrow, nice smooth shaft, and beautiful looks is gonna make this my new favorite "player". Merry Christmas to all, and I hope Santa is good to all of you out there!!!

CocoboloCowboy
12-22-2007, 02:01 PM
http://www.geocities.com/cocobolocowboy/worthwithoutpix.gif

Maniac
12-22-2007, 04:09 PM
http://www.geocities.com/cocobolocowboy/worthwithoutpix.gif

Here's the pic!!!
Description: The D11has a birdseye maple forearm and buttsleeve with four long cocobolo points bordered in ebony with an ebony bordered tulipwood diamond inlaid in the center. Between each long point is a floating ebony point giving the forearm a total of 8 points. The buttsleeve features an ebony bordered tulipwood diamond surrounded by ebony bordered cocobolo inlays. Between these inlay sets are ebony inlays that mirror the short points in the forearm. The d11 features a tiger stacked leather wrap and comes standard with a 5/16 14 piloted stainless steel sleeved joint.

Maniac

Jacoby D-11 Review is as follows (although short, but to the point): This cue hits like I wanted it to, soft but not overly soft, similar to a good McDermott. The 5/16x14 S.S. piloted joint gave it just enough oomph to get a firm stroke if needed. The tiger stacked-leather wrap was a little more slippery than my cues with plain leather wraps, but my thinking is that this wrap will get a little stickier after I sweat on it some. The tip appears to be a Triangle, held chalk like all get-out and gave whitey all the spin that I'm capable of. Straight as an arrow, nice smooth shaft, and beautiful looks is gonna make this my new favorite "player". Merry Christmas to all, and I hope Santa is good to all of you out there!!!

Maniac
12-23-2007, 08:04 PM
Brief review in above post.

Maniac