PDA

View Full Version : Ronnie Wiseman's Tournament any reports

The Milk Man
12-23-2007, 06:12 AM
Anybody have a report from Ronnie's tournament in Oak Park. What's happened in the tournament so far and what has the action been like?

stevelomako
12-23-2007, 06:49 AM
Since I helped them to start it before I had to go I made a copy of the chart:

Gentleman John vs Scooter

bye vs Sergio Perez

bye vs Sy brown

John Binion vs Steve McAnnich

bye vs John McHenry

Tony T-Bone vs Craig McPartlin

Tim Heath vs Shawn George

bye vs Adam Smith

bye vs Raymond Yono

Tony Chohan vs Shaba

Ronnie Wiseman vs Joe Henry

bye vs Clarence Sanders

Danny Barnes vs Jerry Slivka

Richie Richeson vs Derek Pogirski

bye vs Mike Sardelli

Raphael Martinez vs Danny Smith

25 players total, a really good field for the week-end before X-MAS.

The most depressing part of it was the no-show from HOF, with everything that Ronnie does for the sweators and the action over there for them not to get together and put players in or just show up for the beginning and the calcutta was absolutely pitiful.....just pitiful.

Most of them don't care for me anyway cause I speak the truth but this was just awful on their part. Alot of them are on here toutin about anything and everything and then..........where are they???? Jeez, they couldn't do something to support Ronnie trying to bring action here....Pitiful!

Four regulars from HOF...Gentleman John, John Binion, Joe Henry and Mike Sardelli. I applaude them but they are the ones that always do something anyway.

On a lighter note.....I've seen auctions/calcuttas everywhere by alot of different people but the best I've seen so far is....Ronnie Wiseman / Tony Chohan. What a team! I was really impressed and cracking up, they were just great. They could get Scrooge to bid on people.

I'll put results today after I go out there but work first.

The Milk Man
12-23-2007, 02:38 PM
Thanks for the report Steve. Glad they got a good field wish I could have came up but work first. Suprised to see Sergio and Scotter's name on there. I didn't think Sergio ever left Chi-Town and I didn't know Scotter played one hole. What about Josh Brothers? Last I knew he was living in Tempreance(?) would of thought he would have played. Unless he's moved back east.

rossaroni
12-23-2007, 02:52 PM
Eddieindetroit has a good recap of the tourney. I think Tony C. won the winners side, if I remember correctly.

jtompilot
12-23-2007, 03:07 PM
I wish I could be there but IM in New Orleans for the Holidays. I play at Buffalo's when in town. Plenty of one pocket action.

stevelomako
12-23-2007, 09:26 PM
The results are.........

1st--Tony 'T-Rex' Chohan
2nd--Craig McPartlin (LOL, my horse and Joe Henry had a piece too)
3rd--Richie Richeson
4th--Sergio Perez
5th & 6th--Ronnie Wiseman, John Binion

I guess the story of the tournament would be Craig beating Tony T bone, John McHenry, Tim Heath, Sergio Perez, then taking T-Rex to the hill in the hot seat match (he should have won), then beating Richie 3-1 in the loser side final to earn a re-match with Chohan.

The finals were all T-Rex winning the set 4-1.

poolandpokerman
12-26-2007, 07:48 AM
I would have loved to be there, am in Florida for the holidays, I knew Ronnie would be a great host....hopefully they will do it again..

1 Pocket Ghost
12-26-2007, 10:53 AM
The results are.........

2nd--Craig McPartlin (LOL, my horse and Joe Henry had a piece too)

I guess the story of the tournament would be Craig beating Tony T bone, John McHenry, Tim Heath, Sergio Perez, then taking T-Rex to the hill in the hot seat match (he should have won), then beating Richie 3-1 in the loser side final to earn a re-match with Chohan.

Never heard of Craig....is he a local Detroit guy ? - a seasoned one hole veteran, or a young 'up and comer' ?

Scott Lee
12-26-2007, 11:39 AM
Wow...You actually LEAVE that REALLY nice gameroom??? J/K...Hope you're enjoying FL. I'll be down there myself, with the missus, for the whole month of April! :D Happy Holidays

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

I would have loved to be there, am in Florida for the holidays,